Project : Toxicity

It's too cold for modding in the garage right now, so I've spent a little time overclocking the Q9450.

Stock was 2.66Ghz. I've stuck a modest overclock on it for now, although I may push it a little further. It would be nice to have it at 3.6Ghz as I had the Q6600 if not more, but for now it will be fine. Got my RAM at 1066mhz too which is all fine and dandy although I've not overclocked the 275GTX yet, it's on my to do list.

Checked the Temps with HWMonitor

Idle -
CPU - 18C - 22C (across 4 cores)
GPU - 39C

Full load - 2x Orthos + Furmark for 30mins
CPU - 35C - 42C
GPU - 45C

Not bad if I do say so myself. Although that is with both side panels off (as they are still in the garage..brrrrrrr). Even with them on I can't see it being a problem tho.

So another new update based solely on the side panels. It's a bit shorter than my usual videos, but then most of it is covering old ground, cutting and painting etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcGaS0JObLc

Now that the side panels are finished I just need to get some good photos of it completed and running.

With the weather closing in it makes it difficult to take photos outside and I don't really have the space for a full on photo booth in the house..

Have to see how it comes out.

COMPLETED!!

Yes it's done, and here are the photos to prove it :)

Image056.jpg

Image048.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image046.jpg

Image045.jpg

Image044.jpg

Image051.jpg

Image053.jpg

Also a video showing the case "in the flesh" so to speak. Don't forget it's available in 720p as with all the other worklog videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Wx77npSMg

Here are the specs.

Toxicity -
Asus P5KE-WiFi
Intel Q9450 @ 3.52Ghz
XFX GTX275
4Gb Kingston 1066 DDR2
60Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
2x 1Tb HDD
G15 Keyboard
G9x Laser Mouse

Watercooled with
D-Tek Fusion V2 block
EK GTX275 waterblock
Swiftech MCP655 (Laing D5 Vario)
Custom Reservoir

I love the water in the sidepanel and the green colors !

Cheers folks :)

in a way I'm glad it's finished so I don't have to do any more video editign for a while..but I know I'm going to miss modding in the garage.

I think having the videos was a success, even if some of the video's were maybe a little long and possibly a little repetitive, but then it was my first go at them so I can live with that.

For those who don't get Custom PC Magazine I've scanned in the article.

All are clickable thumbnails ;)

Love it. My two fav's in one. I love my 932 and green. I would soo trade but i love all the work i put into mine. Great job on that.

Not a shameless bump. You should be proud of your work. It's awesome. I just saw it for the 1st time today and I was extremely impressed.

Oh wow, that looks amazing. I really like the side panel mod to show off the reservoir.

Reminded me of the scene in Batman & Robin when they were pumping up Bane.

multiple-villains-01.jpg

:D

Back