Project: Sugoii (SG02)

zoob

Limp Gawd
Building the GF and new computer using a Silverstone Sugo SG02 in black.

Here is one tiny mod I've done to help prepare:

01-hdd_cage.jpg

01-hdd_cage_c.jpg

No longer restricted to using the stock crappy hard drive cage.

sugoii-2.jpg

02-psu_a.jpg

02-psu_b.jpg

02-psu_c.jpg

02-psu_d.jpg

02-psu_e.jpg

02-psu_f.jpg

03-card_reader_a.jpg

03-card_reader_b.jpg

03-card_reader_c.jpg

Reviews say that Sparke psu is small and efficient but very noisy. I don't think I can stand that kind of noise after hearing the mp3 sound recording on spcr.com. 40mm fans is a no go in quiet environments.

What make/model of card reader is that? And does it exist in a a 3.5"-bay version?

No utterly-useless SmartMedia slot, awesome.

Could that PSU be mounted above the Expansion slots? it looks like it would fit.
Also if the HDD cage was removed entirely it would fit there.

I've been contemplating jamming in a full ATX psu (+ large cooler) into that case, likely by cutting out the bottom 5.25" drive bay and mounting it just below the top drive, going across the case left<->right.

Impressive work with the card reader idea, it's really a shame that the box didn't have 3.5 bay slot for one imo, but a solution is all that really matters in the end I guess.

Kudos on a great job of "Making it Work"!

Thanks for all the comments guys:)

Yep, I did some thinking and decided to put the PSU under the drive bays. I used velcro along the bottom to provide it some soft mounting, only to realize that after doing that, it fits very snug underneath the 5.25" bays.

It also turns out my GF is OK with only one DVD drive, so that makes it easier and I've soft-mounted a WD 1 TB GP using stretch magic in the bottom bay.

I plan on chambering off the front with an 80mm fan intake or spot cooler and 120mm exhaust on the front PSU "chamber".

I'm doing a test run to see how loud it is, and the stock fan in the PSU is pretty loud when it spins up. I can't wait to perform the mesh mod on it (whenever I find some modders mesh locally).

Need to enable AAM on the HDD.. even soft mounted its clicking is very audible.

intresting i was planning on doing something similar to this i guess il be watch this thread to see what u do thnx for all the ideas

Back