• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project: Steampunk'd TJ11

Not a big update but an exciting one.

I wanted something to put behind the 2nd PSU bracket that looked cool so I made a stand.

DSC03992.jpg


Drilled a hole and covered it with leather.

DSC03993.jpg


And added a vacuum tube. I drilled out the bottom so I can put several LEDs in it to make it super bright.

DSC03994.jpg



Next up was to mod the EK-Multioption Basic 250 Res. I actually got some of this idea from B Negative.

Cut some leather.

DSC03997.jpg


And tested how it looked. Hmm needs something

DSC03995.jpg


Got a piece of aluminium.

DSC03998.jpg


Cut it and filed the edges

DSC03999.jpg


Painted it gold and cut a slot in the leather.

DSC04002.jpg


Taped off the res

DSC03996.jpg


Pained the end caps gold too

DSC04000.jpg



Put it all together and what do you get??

DSC04003.jpg


DSC04004.jpg


Not to toot my own horn but it looks freaking awesome. There will be 2 LED stop fittings in the top to illuminate the water inside.

Minor thing but I need move the top clamp up...

DSC04010.jpg



Thanks it! I changed up some things in an old build to get some more fittings for this one. I'll hopefully have some pipe next week so I can get the water going. Also my laser cut parts should be here the end of next week!

Cheers till next time,

Fuga
 
Loving this build! I normally don't like steampunk anything but this is turning out to be a nice build. Well done so far!
 
Looks great. The tube for the water cooling, I'd prefer without a cover, in my opinion. I thought it would look more like a sci-fi glass tube that could contain other types of vapours or steam.

I would love to come by your place and check it out in person and probably help out with a few things :) (if distance wouldn't be an issue)

Could you take some "whole" photos too? I'm curious to see how it would look on a desk at this stage.
In my opinion, the case looks huge. Is this a full size tower?
 
omg that is so sick!

Thanks!

Loving this build! I normally don't like steampunk anything but this is turning out to be a nice build. Well done so far!

Thanks!

Wow really looking forward to seeing the final product.

Thanks. Hopefully I get everything in this week and I can finish up.

Looks great. The tube for the water cooling, I'd prefer without a cover, in my opinion. I thought it would look more like a sci-fi glass tube that could contain other types of vapours or steam.

I would love to come by your place and check it out in person and probably help out with a few things :) (if distance wouldn't be an issue)

Could you take some "whole" photos too? I'm curious to see how it would look on a desk at this stage.
In my opinion, the case looks huge. Is this a full size tower?

I think the res looks pretty good. Will look better with the lighting. I can try to take some. i don't really have a space to show it off but I will see what I can do.

Anyone is welcome if it you want to come to the DRC to see it :p
 
I love the details. Leather? haha that's classy!

You should but some fat stitches in it :cool:
 
Things have been pretty busy for me so sorry for the delayed update. I try to do at least one update a week but sometimes that doesn't happen. Lately, Photobucket won't let me upload from home. Probably because of my shotty internet. Oh well, On with the modding!


I got a few things in the mail.

Gorilla Glue (This actually didn't work so I picked up a different kind)

DSC04119.jpg


You all wanted it so here it is. Copper tubing and a bender.

DSC04099.jpg


Another bender which I need to mod to accept the 12mm tubing and a cutter. The cutter is for hard tubing so I have to be careful when cutting the copper.

DSC04120.jpg


Modders Mesh

DSC04100.jpg


LEDs and LED strip

DSC04121.jpg


Acrylic order from Thomas at White Light Laser. He threw in tons of extra gears and stuff at no extra cost :D

DSC04122.jpg


DSC04123.jpg


DSC04124.jpg


Maybe for a future military mod?

DSC04125.jpg



These grills are for the vets on the doors. I painted them gold.

DSC04126.jpg


And glued them on. Pics later once they are dry.

DSC04132.jpg



I got my dual channel EK-RAM Dominator block so I painted it gold.

DSC04094.jpg


DSC04097.jpg


DSC04098.jpg



Random side panel shot

DSC04101.jpg



Added some foam under the pumps.

DSC04096.jpg



Got the FC10 installed and the DVD drive

DSC04095.jpg


I then made my own power cables for the DVD drive and 4x HDD/SSDs. Sleeved it and make it look as pretty as I could.

DSC04093.jpg



I need to cut some holes in the mobo tray for all the cables. I'm still filing but here are the marks.

DSC04103.jpg



Now to make the custom front panel.

DSC04104.jpg


DSC04105.jpg


DSC04107.jpg


All cut

DSC04109.jpg


Epic fail. I used too big of a hole saw...

DSC04110.jpg


Remade!

DSC04111.jpg


Perfect fit.

DSC04115.jpg


Trimmed off the wings. I was going to fold them in but it would have been more work.

DSC04116.jpg


The big hole in the middle will be covered with gold mesh just like the side panels. The entire front panel will be coverd by leather to match the doors.

The big hole looks a bit crooked... After getting out the square, it is. I'll be cutting/filing that soon.

DSC04131.jpg



Cut and filed the DVD slot

DSC04117.jpg


Drilled all the holes for the FC LEDs to show through

DSC04118-1.jpg



So those LEDs I ordered... look freaking orange again! They say amber though. I ordered some more from a different place, well same place I got the LED strips from so hopefully they will match. They are from Hong Kong though so shipping takes like 2 weeks.

DSC04129.jpg



So out of the acrylic parts there were 2 big gears. Here is where they go.

DSC04127.jpg


Paint them gold.

DSC04134.jpg


They looks good. Also you can see a small gear around the fill port.

DSC04135.jpg



I also had gears made for the power buttons.

DSC04136.jpg




Thats it for this update. My to do list is getting shorter every day but I keep adding one or 2 things a day... but thats modding for you. Only things I'm waiting on is the fittings for the tubing and new LEDs.

Cheers till next time,

Fuga
 
This looks like an awesome mod. Im not into the whole steam punk thing myself but i gotta say its a brill mod so far!
 
Cool mod. I was worried it was going to look "too Fallout" instead of Steampunk at the start but it's come together nicely. Gold plated/brass colored solid water lines for the cooling system would look spectacular if you could pull that off. Also, maybe figure out how to get some of the gears moving on the side or up front sorta like a clockwork?
 
brilliant? :)
keep up the good work still waiting to see taht amazing fished product :eek:

Thanks!

This is pretty damn cool. Nice!

Thanks!

very awesome

Thanks!

Cool mod. I was worried it was going to look "too Fallout" instead of Steampunk at the start but it's come together nicely. Gold plated/brass colored solid water lines for the cooling system would look spectacular if you could pull that off. Also, maybe figure out how to get some of the gears moving on the side or up front sorta like a clockwork?

Moving gears requires far too much work and I do not have the time to work on that.
 
Been working hard to get everything done.

Here is the glue I ended up using. it works great.

DSC04137.jpg


Got my Bitspower Multi-Link adapters in.

DSC04138.jpg



Bit of bad news... FC10 broke. I think it broke when I way trying to push it into the 5.25" bays. its a tight fit and my finger slipped and hit one of the vacuum tubes. Lamptron is sending me 2 new ones :D

DSC04146.jpg



I started the piping. Left pipe is from the pump top outlet to the 240 rad. Right pipe is from the 240 rad to the 480 rad.

DSC04149.jpg


Right side has a small dent. I may replace this pipe but you can't see it with the front panel on.

DSC04150.jpg


First connection on the mobo.

DSC04151.jpg


2nd

DSC04172.jpg


3rd & 4th

DSC04173.jpg


Inside the case with the 5th tube

DSC04176.jpg


Last tube from the GPU to the res

DSC04177.jpg



More fittings came in!

DSC04178.jpg



Here is the grill for the 50 mm fan

DSC04174.jpg



Drain port. there is a T line between the 360 and 480 radiator.

DSC04179.jpg



LEDs on

DSC04180.jpg


DSC04181.jpg


DSC04182.jpg


DSC04184.jpg


DSC04185.jpg



Now for the front panel. I used JB Weld to hold it in place.

DSC04186.jpg


BAH! A gap...

DSC04187.jpg


Add more JB Weld

DSC04249.jpg


DSC04250.jpg


And then sand the hell out of it.

DSC04251.jpg


DSC04252.jpg


DSC04253.jpg


DSC04254.jpg


Now that that is done I need to add the leather and grill. I like it!

DSC04255.jpg


DSC04297.jpg


DSC04298.jpg


DSC04299.jpg



I picked up some old gauges. Not sure if I am even going to use them but they were $10...

DSC04190.jpg


Testing...

DSC04191.jpg


DSC04192.jpg


DSC04193.jpg


Add some tubes

DSC04194.jpg


DSC04195.jpg


DSC04196.jpg


DSC04197.jpg


DSC04198.jpg


DSC04199.jpg


DSC04200.jpg



I threw a blue LED in the res to see what it would look like.

DSC04188.jpg


Underexposed

DSC04189.jpg



No idea how to hide these cables from the front I/O ports...

DSC04467.jpg



My fill port :D

DSC04470.jpg



And finally I flushed all the blocks to make sure no crud was in there.

DSC04248.jpg



More to come soon. I got my LEDs in today so I'm going to start working on that ASAP.

Cheers till next time,

Fuga
 
Looking pretty good. You going to do something to age those copper pipes? They are awfully shiny!
 
Maybe cover up the wires with copper-looking tubing like for the water cooling?
 
Very classy. If it wasn't for the problems you'd have leaving that dent in the pipe, I'd say keep it like that. It gives it character.
 
Looking pretty good. You going to do something to age those copper pipes? They are awfully shiny!

No need. In a few weeks they will age themselves.

Maybe cover up the wires with copper-looking tubing like for the water cooling?

Might look into that. Thanks.

bending that pipe had to have been a pain in the ass

Bending is easy. Figuring out HOW to bend it to connect the dots... hard :p

Looks awesome! I suggest going with amber lighting throughout. no blue.

As stated in the update, the blue was a test just to see how well lit the res would be.

Very classy. If it wasn't for the problems you'd have leaving that dent in the pipe, I'd say keep it like that. It gives it character.

Thanks!
 
that must have been a pain connecting all those pipes. looks really good fuganater!

as for the i/o panel wires, why not take a piece of copper and notch each side and run the wires thru, leaving the notched edges to lay on the mobo tray and back of the 5.25" bay rack?
 
that must have been a pain connecting all those pipes. looks really good fuganater!

as for the i/o panel wires, why not take a piece of copper and notch each side and run the wires thru, leaving the notched edges to lay on the mobo tray and back of the 5.25" bay rack?

Thanks. Its tough but thats the labor of love :D

Ya I need to figure something out. I'll be working on it over the next week.
 
The only thing this build is missing is a monocle, seriously though its lookin awesome man!
 
Not a huge modding update but I got a bit of cool gear in.

I got a Technofront water cooling test bench and 2x new Koolance flow meter displays. Can't wait to use em!

DSC04476.jpg


And its Halloween so the family and I did a bit of pumpkin, I mean gourd carving.

DSC04201.jpg


She was very interested... made it kinda hard to carve lol.

DSC04204.jpg


DSC04217.jpg


DSC04218.jpg


DSC04219.jpg


All done!

DSC04228.jpg



Now not to brag, but my wife makes some damn good looking cookies.

DSC04277.jpg


DSC04288.jpg


DSC04289.jpg


DSC04290.jpg


DSC04291.jpg


DSC04287.jpg


DSC04280.jpg


DSC04282.jpg



Now for the real work... I painted the PSU fan.

DSC04473.jpg


DSC04474.jpg



Here is a picture of the broken FC10 nixie tube.

DSC04477.jpg


Now remember that huge vacuum tube I made with a bracket? Well I got the Amber LEDs in and its time to light it up.

DSC04478.jpg


DSC04479.jpg


DSC04480.jpg


DSC04481.jpg



Here is what all the cables look like coming from the front I/O panel.

DSC04489.jpg



And just some lighting shots.

DSC04482.jpg


DSC04483.jpg


DSC04485.jpg


DSC04486.jpg


DSC04487.jpg


DSC04488.jpg



Cheers till next time,

Fuga
 
Pressure Valves.
Would be great if you could put them to use. I would doubt you could hook it to your liquid cooling to make sure the pressure it study. I just thought you could use them as heat sensors or at least make some.

If you look at some low cost thermometers, the temperature is measured with a coil that turns the gauge. The coil shrinks or expand from heat. Sometimes a heat conductible wire can be hooked to it if various placement is required.

Cooling Reservoir.
Is there a light in there? I think adding an odd colour in there could make the cooling liquid look like some sort of radiating (magical) liquid. Maybe a bright blue-white led to make it seem like a water reservoir for steam?

Keep up the great work. I think it'd weigh a Ton when it's completed. :p
 
WOW the lighting here i love it. its a little subtle not too over the top. perfect

Thank!

GREAT WORK

Thanks!

Pressure Valves.
Would be great if you could put them to use. I would doubt you could hook it to your liquid cooling to make sure the pressure it study. I just thought you could use them as heat sensors or at least make some.

If you look at some low cost thermometers, the temperature is measured with a coil that turns the gauge. The coil shrinks or expand from heat. Sometimes a heat conductible wire can be hooked to it if various placement is required.

Cooling Reservoir.
Is there a light in there? I think adding an odd colour in there could make the cooling liquid look like some sort of radiating (magical) liquid. Maybe a bright blue-white led to make it seem like a water reservoir for steam?

Keep up the great work. I think it'd weigh a Ton when it's completed. :p

I would do more to the mod if I could. Only 2 weeks left to finish this.



So after years of work I finally made it into the Bit-Tech MOTM! If my like my project and have an account there, please go vote! http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=248935
 
DSC04483.jpg


Man I am simply in awe!!! You have done a wonderful job! Do you live in the DRC all the time, or are you there for a work/other purpose? Any chance you can snap a picture of the final build from the same angle as the picture above in 1080P? I wanna use it as my desktop:D
 
Back
Top