Project: Skunkmunkey Stacker

Ok... small update... taking a while as i have to work late nights after my girlfriend and daughter are asleep, so i only get hour or so at night to make any progress.

DSC00009.jpg

Front panel all sanded and masked off, ready to be primed.

DSC00011.jpg

Panel now primed :)

DSC00013.jpg

The Knight Light housing now with 1st layer of purple. The garage where i bough paint has ran out of the purple paint, am waiting for them to get sum more in now.

i got a gateway btx case that is that color and pearl white but no digi cam my retarded Girlfriend dropped it

finally filled in all holes/cracks in front panel. was a real pain. Just waiting for some more paint now.

DSC00015.jpg

I have now ordered 5 x 500ml cans of "Rover Amaranth pearl paint" (just to make sure i don't run out :p) But it looks like its 7 days for delivery, im now starting to cut the wood frame for inside the case so updates in next 2 days :)

Sorry guys but this project is now on hold for a week or 2, my girlfriend has just lost her baby (4 months into pregnancy) so she needs me right now. will be back soon.

wow man sorry to hear that :eek: there are many things that are important, few are as important as the love of/for another, and none more than

got some time to paint today, these need one more coat and then need rubbing down with paint renovator and clear coat applied.

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

The window on this piece needs blacking out but i am undecided on how to do that at the moment

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

ok, i need some advice from you guys.

The acrylic window in my front panel is looking a bit scratched so i was thinking about using limo film to black it out (i tried that spray crap and its no good at all).

IMG_1427.jpg

Would the film stick to acrylic ok or should I spray the whole front in clear coat and then apply the film to that? Also, does anyone know if it would be possible to clear coat over the film to seal it off or would the clear coat melt the film (its cellulose based)

ok ive now had a little time to do some more modding, here are some pics :)

IMG_1442.jpg

I managed to get the limo film stuck on the perspex window, it wasn't easy stuff to work with at all. just waiting for it to cure for 12 hrs then all I gotta do is trim off the excess and that part is finshed. The purple is at a mirror finish, the pics don't do it justice at all.

I finally found the light and thermal probe for my fass-o-matic ( a version of the aqua tube, made by innovatek) ,I had to import them from the USA though....

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

Done alot of painting today, but while these pics are uploading heres a pic of my modding buddy....

IMG_1434.jpg

gives you an idea how long this mod has been going on (just go back to begining of worklog and check out her pic there). and is it me or does she have an exceptionally large tongue?

Ok so now ive manged to paint most of the internals, mobo tray, drive cage and rad. Just used a white primer and gloss white paint. Finished with a diamond laquer to protect the paint form scratches etc.

IMG_1449.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Good jop so far, your case is conna kick ass. i really love the roof ventilation cover, it's from a car.... right.
BTW the last photo on the 3:rd page and first 3 pics on the page 4 don't work, pliis fix em. if it's not too much trouple.
keep the updates coming.

thanks for all the great feedback guys, this is my first real mod so its good to have so much interest. BTW this came in the post form USA today.....

Picture001.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Its the centre cap from a Cadillac Escalade and is going to go on the other side panel, will look pretty cool when its done and really adds to the Cadillac styling of the mod. I also got a cadillac vinyl transfer for the window, im undecided whether to just apply to the window as the sticker or to use it as a stencil to etch the logo into the window. What do you think i should do?

thanks for all the great feedback guys, this is my first real mod so its good to have so much interest. Yea solarfall its and RS Turbo bonnet vent, nice work on your stacker too mate. BTW this came in the post form USA today.....

Picture001.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Its the centre cap from a Cadillac Escalade and is going to go on the other side panel, will look pretty cool when its done and really adds to the Cadillac styling of the mod. I also got a cadillac vinyl transfer for the window, im undecided whether to just apply to the window as the sticker or to use it as a stencil to etch the logo into the window. What do you think i should do?

now doin some major polishing work on the 2 front metal bars of the stacker and my res, should have some pics by tomorrow evening

ok ive just realised that as ive changed the hardware since starting this mod i need new waterblocks.

I really like the look of the aquacomputer blocks like these:

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_7756.html

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_7833.html

however does anyone know if i can convert them to 1/2" conectors and if so will this kill the flow rate of my system? (im using a laing D5 chrome).

I also like this cpu block but does anyone know if it will fit socket 775 (its the 12" copper one in top left)

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/water_blocks_polarflo.htm

OK have made some progress now: exuse my poor photography

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

The cadillac centre cap in place, just need to get the underlighting sorted and the paint polished.

DSC00093.jpg

I decided to start again and make a new window, here i have drawn the cadillac logo onto some paper, then covered in tape.

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

Just needs some tidying up now,not bad for my first time at etching. I will bring the window to a shine once its installed in the side panel.

Have also made a start on polishing the front bars, but still have some way to go before they are perfect.

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

Ok i completely scrapped the original front panel and have now made one from 1.5mm aluminium, more updates to follow shortly.

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

Thanks, theres still a bit of work before they are finished tho. I started with p180 grade wet and dry paper and worked my way through P320/P600/P800/P1000/P1200 grades until all main scratches were out, then i used p2000 wet and dry to buff and finished with some PEEK metal polish and a lot of elbow grease. It still needs some more polishing with some of this stuff: http://www.englishcustompolishing.com/usca/antique3pack.html which will give it an almost perfect mirror shine

few more pics today too, excuse the blurry shots, my digi cam just wouldnt focus... good excuse to buy a new one tho.

DSC00034.jpg

with mesh placed behind so you get the idea, needs painting before i fit it in place tho.

DSC00039_1.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

pretty pleased with how it turned out, condsidering i was using a dremel, a small file and some wet n dry paper

Thanks, Ok so ive now updated the pics,

DSC00042_1.jpg

DSC00045-1.jpg

Just trying out the parts for fit and to make sure i like the look this time (dont wanna have to re-do it all again)

DSC00046-1.jpg

as u can see I have now sprayed it with a self etching primer

Looking good (Im glad you re-did the front panel). Also im jelous you thought of the scanning LED before I did.

A tip, remove the blanks from the hard drive cage, it improves airflow.

LMAO @ your modding buddy. best pose for a picture ever.

great work on the stacker. starting to look pretty slick. love the mesh.

I just looked at your start date. Holy cow do you have patience! Good work so far.

hehe yeah, as i said i dont get much time to work on it so I guess I have to be patient.

This came in the post today:

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Managed to get a genuine Cadillac script from ebay.au, was searching for something else and came across it by co-incidence. Im just finishing painting my front panel and then il show you where its gonna go.

will take some better pics tomorrow or when its sunny but heres the front panel, im waiting for it to cure before adding the laquer though.

Picture036.jpg

Picture038.jpg

hehe well you will like what came in the post today too :) not totally sure what i want to do with it yet tho

Picture047.jpg

Picture046.jpg

also got the inside of the side panel painted to, am still undecided on leaving it painted or making a leather inside panel for it.

Picture044-1.jpg

ok finished my front panel, just gotta polish it a bit more and fix the lcd to it. just waitng for some dtrong double sided tape to come in post so i can attatch the cadillac logo on properly too.

P1000191.jpg

P1000193.jpg

P1000194.jpg

P1000189.jpg

having a major problem with my paint tho, its decide, for no apparent reason to do this:

P1000198.jpg

any idea why? how i can fix it? and how i can stop it from happening again?

Back