Project: PrometheusCu

811BPIW over avg chip =)

I got a goody one, 3 ghz @ 1.255 V =) not an issue for you prolly cause water, i run air atm.

@cheezeit - Thanks a lot mate... I wish I had the funds to spend on this project too, hahaha. I projected about 1/2 that before I got going.

@zero2dash - Thanks man!

@Bucnasty229 - Muchos gracias!

@bsoltan - Thanks mate, I'll need it to get this thing running like my vision.

@ZMTToxics - Appreciating - Thanks.

@AtkinS - I haven't done any research on the subject yet, as it hasn't been a focus until the OCing starts. Is the 811BPIW stepping a good one for the Phenoms?

I'm bloody fed up with my machinist and his constant excuses so I'm hunting for another free tooling source. I know quite a few people with the equipment... I just have to get them excited enough over PrometheusCU to lend a proper hand.

Updates are under way.

Mips has solved my memory cooler dilemma be re-engineering their RAM Freezer 4 unit for me, to fit the Dominator RAM.

Corsair is doing it's best to track me down some naked RAM

My Machinist is MIA, so I've been teaching myself machine code, and researching the finite principles of CNC milling. So I'll be doing all my own machining now - which I find very exciting.

Sorry I've got nothing tangible, but at this point I'm not rushing anything. I want to have this project done within the month - which I feel is very possible (TBH I wanted to have it done before the end of Aug, but my 3rd party involvement had other ideas).

I also just got my first car:
For those of you who have been reading over at Bit-Tech... you may remember my desires for a 1987 Buick Grand National earlier. Well I've got one now, it hasn't yet been delivered but it's on the truck right now on it's way from Florida.

Here is the very car I purchased:
LINK

She sports over 500HP and rocks low 11s in the 1/4 mile. (More details once its delivered)

Here it is being loaded for delivery... I CANT WAIT FOR IT TO GET HERE!
DSC01336.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

More to come... hopefully more relevant things... and hopefully soon.

Thanks for reading.

OMFG. I JUST CAME!!! I am in LOVE with your car man, treat her well, As for me:

mycamarols1.jpg

Lets say it would be a close race, buahaha.

I also just got my first car:
For those of you who have been reading over at Bit-Tech... you may remember my desires for a 1987 Buick Grand National earlier. Well I've got one now, it hasn't yet been delivered but it's on the truck right now on it's way from Florida.

Nice car. I'm not trying to flame you but... I don't think that should be anyone's first car. Anyone remember Nick Hogan?

Congrats though =]

@SDMorris - Thanks mate... er, bring it? haha

@ben chi(f4) - I've been driving for years, but never owned a car before. Being that I was born in November of 1987, I told myself years ago that a 1987 GN from November would be my first car... and hopefully something I can hold on to for many years.

@chrsharvick29 - 1969 Mustang BOSS 302 is 2nd on my list... but it's the difference between $25,000 and ~$85,000. Plus the GN would be a close race.

@-(Xyphox)- - Thanks mate, more to come.

@Bucnasty229 - Yeah, but mine was only $25,000 and would be a close contender.

The car has had almost $20,000 in upgrades put into it. Everything from alcohol, to drive shaft, and even a $3500 rebuild on the the tranny. She glistens chrome in the engine bay and recently had the interior completely redone and a $6000 show quality paint job to top it off... pics of all this soon.

Muahaha!

Here is a video made by the man that sold me this car... hes a walking quadriplegic and is an incredibly kind man.

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

Below you'll note the hand controls put in place my the previous owner (these were removed before I got the car)
DSC01207.jpg

Stock GN rims that have been widened to accommodate super wide racing slicks.
DSC01209.jpg

79,000 on car and 15,000 on Rebuild.
Stage 2 2004r Transmission with 9.5 3500 Stall converter and Trans. Brake (less than 500 miles on all transmission parts) Holds up to 850 foot pounds of torque
Line Lock
TA-52 Turbo
Giant Gbodyparts.com Front Mount Intercooler 3” inlet and outlet
3 inch Down Pipe
Headers
Rear Sway Bar
Alky Control Methanol Injection (Progressive Control)
Scan Master
Bored .30 over
TRW Forged Pistons
Ported and Polish heads with ARP studs
New valve job
RJC complete under-drive pulley system
Ported Throttle Body
Ported Aluminum Intake
Big Mouth Intake
42lbs OO9 injectors with high volume fuel pump and hot wire kit.
Turbo Tweak 93/Alcohol chip (adjustable features)
LT1 MAF with translator
Duel Rear airbags
Boxed upper and lower control arms
Drag Radial rear, tires New front tires
Converted Upgraded New S-10 Brakes
Resurfaced Original wheels with the back wheels widened
Electric exhaust cutout
2.5 Hooker Exhaust
New paint in 2006
New AC in 2006
Engine has lots of chrome
Custom trunk kit

SOME RELEVANT NEWS!

prometheus-watercoollogo.jpg

I've got Watercool Germany on-board now. They've generously offered to provide some waterblocks from their new 'Heatkiller' V3.0 lineup coming at the end of October. With this addition I'll be removing the D-Tek Fuzion and perhaps cooling the motherboard as well.... which calls for another Aquastream XT pump IMO.

I'm very very excited about this - I have to give some credit to ModSquad as I've never heard of the Watercool Heatkiller before he posted the image of one of their blocks in his CopperHead mod. Suffice to say I fell in love and had to have them.

For those of you not familiar with the HeatKiller blocks, here's a tase:
prometheus-watercool01.jpg

prometheus-watercool02.jpg

prometheus-watercool03.jpg

prometheus-watercool04.jpg

prometheus-watercool05.jpg

prometheus-watercool06.jpg

More to come, thanks for reading.

Fords suck anyway....Yeah i said it....Always knew that coming from a family thats big into Muscle cars. My dad owned a 67' GTO Blown and a 69' Mustang Mach 1 with the 428 Cobra Jet when I was growing up. The cars his bothers went through sounds like a Christmas wish list. Brother in law is a manager of Pep Boys in Daytona Beach florida right across from the track and he said the number one car coming in for repair is Ford right next to VW's. They also sell the most replacement parts for Fords. 69' is a nice body for a Mustang, but Man... You got a deal and a real nice find!

A note on the car deal... In the 80's growing up, the two cars i wanted to have was 1 1977 Firebird Trans Am, and 2 was Grand National. Right now Id like to have my hands on a 67-71 Barracuda.

Question about your build... When your finished with it, Any Major events it may see?

Thanks guys.

It will see as many major events as I can cram into my schedule. Definately the big ones.

This is going to be one hell of a rig. I always thought that anniversary edition Lian Li was gorgeous as is... now with your touches... :eek: I can't wait for the end result.

Oh yeah, and that Buick is hot... and here I thought 12.4 down the 1/4 in my Evo X was nice ;)

What an awesome project you have going on. I love it when people put so much passion into a project; thats how its suppose to be! You are doing such a great job, Thank you for sharing it with all of us. I ran into this thread about a month ago and keep on checking back to see your progress. It looks like you hit some rough patches, but are well on your way to completing a marvelous piece of work. Keep it up!

Congrats on your first car! OMG that car is one of a kind. Beautiful. Im a car and computer guy myself. Is this going to be your daily driver? That would be Insane!
What kind of mpg are you getting City/Highway?

I recently ran into a cool rig build and thought Id share it with you, its documented very well via video. Maybe you can get some ideas? None the less if you havent seen it already Im sure you would enjoy it.

Cinematograph HD Video Work log

Nice car, Nice someone here has an evo X. I got a 06 Subaru STI.
Why does it matter if its a daily driver, he has money to spend on such a car and PC, Gas shouldn't matter THAT much.

But anyways I hope I see more pics of this PC!

@elektronisch - Thanks man... Ill try.

@TooBooKoo - Thanks, I fell in love with the anniversary case... so fine.

@-(Xyphox)- - Thank you.

@rainman - Thanks

@Adakos - haha, thanks mate. I'll take some more shots of the minifig for you.

@tegtyme - Thanks man, and thanks for the link. I'm actually a film student however my editing rig (prometheus) is down for the count... I'd like to make a bit of a video preview when it's put back together. The GN will be my daily driver... I expect many tickets - mauhaha!

@Markistehnamezor - More coming, thanks man.

I HAVE UPDATES.

I spent two days learning Rhino/Visual Mill/ToolPath then I spent the last day cutting (actually I'd call it 'watching the machine cut').

I admittedly went though a couple of 1/8 bits but I expected to break a few. The machine took just over 10hrs to cut the parts out (damn grills!). I've not yet started cleaning the edges of these prototypes but I'm doing that soon.

I'll let these teaser pics speak for themselves.

HERE are the aluminum prototypes that once filed/bent/installed will be replaced with finely machined copper.

I started with some 1/2ply wood and a scrap 40"x40"x1/8" hunk of aluminum.
prometheus-prototype-cuts-01.jpg

I then booted up rhino and prepared the parts for cutting.
prometheus-prototype-cuts-02.jpg

Holes were drilled for screws to hold the aluminum down.
prometheus-prototype-cuts-03.jpg

10 long boring hours later:
rad grill:
prometheus-prototype-cuts-04.jpg

MatrixOrbital Typhoon enclosure/PSU mount/and Right side drive bay enclosure.
prometheus-prototype-cuts-05.jpg

Left side drive bay enclosure:
prometheus-prototype-cuts-06.jpg

Bottom rad housing - lower tray.
prometheus-prototype-cuts-08.jpg

Top fan grill:
prometheus-prototype-cuts-09.jpg

Front face plate:
prometheus-prototype-cuts-10.jpg

Some of the cuts look a little wonky in the pics but all the cuts are straight and clean - they just have quite a bit of burrs that need filing down - which I should be done by this weekend.

Here is the keyboard - pre-modding:
prometheus-keyboard-01.jpg

prometheus-keyboard-02.jpg

Thanks for reading - tune in soon.

Looks nice, good work.

The milling work looks ok, did you do a roughing cut and a finishing cut?

Thanks guys, I've sent emails to the company who sold me the keys (who claimed to have shipped it 18 business days ago) - hopefully I'll have them soon.

@IAmHard - I just did one run. But each cut probably got 6-8 passes. I programmed a corkscrew like pattern going deeper 150thou at a time @ 10,000RPM and 40in/min.

A quick and dirty test fit, everything looks to be really well measured. They fit perfectly.
prometheus-prototype-cuts-11.jpg

prometheus-prototype-cuts-12.jpg

Nice milling, looks good!

Are you going to leave the aluminum that color and polish it up? I would say black would look nice :)

me said:
HERE are the aluminum prototypes that once filed/bent/installed will be replaced with finely machined copper.
...read the thread, I've said this about 20 times.

Ah, I'm sorry I didn't have time to go through all of it and just looked at the pics and captions...

on the other hand, copper does make sense.

they do look a good fit man!

I'm trying to plan some machining work for my new project but gotta wrangle use of a milling machine first.

I like the array of hardware on your desk :D

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the support.

The CASE
prometheus-prototype-cuts-13.jpg

prometheus-prototype-cuts-14.jpg

prometheus-prototype-cuts-16.jpg

The MESS! (parts everywhere - on an under the desk)
prometheus-prototype-cuts-15.jpg

Back