Project: N.E.U.N.B.

I didn't have much time as I hope I did over the weekend but still was able to mount PSU extender. I still have to JB weld 3 more support though. I think I really don't have to and it will hold up fine as is but just to have peace of mind and to get more rigidity I'll add them on.

Also, one thing I forget to do before mounting was that I had to file end part of top of PSU extender. It comes in about 1/16 and it will block the support I was going to mount internally. So I guess I have to file it which is going to be pain in the butt since it's mounted already.

One mess up I did was level. Right from rear view sits about 1/16" lower than left side but nothing I can do now since JB weld is almost cured.

The way I had to clamp it was pretty ghetto job not just because lack of proper tool(I need more tool but not buying until I get a house) which was one of the reason but the way it had to be clamped. I basically applied JB weld and decided how to clamp it afterwards so I had to be creative quick.

I'll post couple of shots I took while it's clamped(it still is) Maybe I'll JB weld to more support tonight.

Well, this sucks! I got home early because my son was sick. When I found myself little bit of time to take off all the clamps, it looked good other then right side sitting little lower as I have mentioned. I figured I'll put in PSU to see how it looks and....... !@#$(*^@#*&^!$ Why isn't this thing going in!!!! I figured it's side frame that is blocking so I dremeled it quick. It still didn't go it! I looked carefully and found out what was blocking, it was PSU extender itself! :(

Because of tight space(even more so because I didn't want to cut any part of top cover) and PSU extender having extra space all around(you could actually move PSU around in the extender) I figured I would bend left and right side in to save some space. I placed PSU in to test and it fits. So, what's the problem you say? When I bent this thing and test fit PSU, it was like 4-5 months ago(I actually forgot how long ago so it must be long time ago) So, from that time till yesterday because of I was filing and cutting the extender, it bent more than I wanted to unintensionally. It seems that it's maybe 1/16" or 1/32" too narrow . :( WELL, THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Who can I blame other than myself on this. :( After looking at it and trying to figure out the way to fix this(I wish there's some solution you can just spray and dissolve JB weld :)) I think I can file both left and right side enough so that PSU fits(Yes, more file :( I'm getting sick of filing)

Other than that, because PSU extender is much thicker metal it actually made back side much solid even without top and bottom support welded. I'll try posting picture of it when I can find the camera(wife took it and can't find it anywhere.

Have I mention filing SUCKS!!! Well, it does! :( I came home 2 1/2 hours early cause CEO sent everyone home so they can watch Phillies game yesterday. Since I'm not in to baseball, and need my build to finish, I started working on it and filed like 2 hours thinking that that's enough. I was wrong, I still have more filing to do.

All this because I didn't check one last time before mounting it. MEASURE AS MANY TIMES YOU CAN BEFORE CUT/WELD/GLUE etc. :(

I'm thinking I'll hold off on filing till this weekend(unless my wife takes me out for 12 hour shopping again :() So complete filing and mount support so only thing left to do is to paint it.

Painting is another issue. It's getting chilly here so unless there's one weekend of warm weather which I doubt, it's going to be next spring to paint. :(

Alright, I'm pretty sick of filing now. Too bad I still have more to do.

I went to my brother's house over the weekend and filed inside of PSU extender and test fit with some generic PSU since test fitting started to scratch my HX620. My hands hurts a lot but it goes it effortlessly. Now that I've tried with HX620, it fits tighter. :( Might become problem after painting. For now, I'll leave it as is.

Here are some shots that I've taken before but wasn't able to post and new some shots.

This was when I JB weld PSU extender and clamping it down the ghetto style. Came up with idea after I applied JB weld. Yeah, not good practice as I should have planned things out before applying JB weld.
DSC09115.jpg
DSC09117.jpg
DSC09118.jpg
DSC09120.jpg
DSC09116.jpg
DSC09119.jpg

The reason for the ghetto style is mostly because I wasn't planning ahead(I'm a person who likes to do things first and think later) but some of it was due to lack of space and how it was mounted.

Here are some shots after taking out clamps.
DSC09137.jpg
DSC09138.jpg
DSC09139.jpg
DSC09122.jpg
DSC09124.jpg
DSC09126.jpg

You can see why I had to file inside of PSU extender. I could actually move PSU around in PSU extender and I needed to save even 1/32" if possible as space was one thing I don't have with this build. The fix was to bend side inward(I wise I could have done same with top and bottom but I needed more side space) As I have mentioned, I did correctly when I did it but that was like couple of months ago. After working on it for while, it must have bent more than I wanted to and PSU didn't fit. MEASURE THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE CUT/WELD!!! You will do less work for same result!
DSC09125.jpg

Some shots of support that was mounted and how PSU extender was JB welded.
DSC09132.jpg
DSC09127.jpg
DSC09136.jpg
DSC09128.jpg
DSC09131.jpg
DSC09134.jpg

And...... CRAP!!!
DSC09130.jpg
DSC09129.jpg

I filed so much. I guess it gave too much stress to the weak point. It came apart!!! :( Good thing is that it came off pretty clean and I should be able to JB weld it again no problem. To prevent this from happening again, I'm making another support.

That's it for now. I'm trying to finish JB weld and clean up this week and hope that weather will be warm enough this weekend so that I can paint it. EPOXY!!! I'm pretty sure it won't chip off. :D

Last edited:
Crap! I don't know where things I wrote this morning went. Basically what I said was all JB weld is done and just need to file and sand it to make it look nicer. Now that I think of it, I might just install parts now and file and sand next year since I can't paint it this year any ways.

It's been a while and no updates. I have taken some shots of heatsink installed on mosfet on top and bottom but need to post it. I've been busy with other stuff and had hard time OC this little thing.

I have tried everything that I could try but wasn't stable at 4GHz, 3.8GHz, 3.6GHz 3.4GHz and so on. I tried so many different option but it would make screen white and I couldn't do anything during prime95 and IBT. Small FFT seems to be fine but it turns screen white after 5 minutes or so of Large FFT and IBT. It turns out the cause was LLC! I always have that on when I OC and if anything, it should have helped with OC and lowering idle temp but it was not in this case. As soon as I turn it off, it's 3.8GHz stable.

I have tried 4GHz but I have to set vcore and other voltage much higher and temp isn't good so I'm going to stick with 3.8GHz. Funny thing was that I tried to OC RAM and tighten timing but everytime I did it, it failed. After that, my OC wasn't stable. I had to increase QPI/VTT Voltage by .02v to get it stable. That's strange. So everything was stable for 3.8GHz OC @ 1.3v vcore and 1.9v QPI/VTT Voltage and after RAM OC and tightening timing failed, I had to set them to 1.3v vcore and 1.21v QPI/VTT to get it stable.

Then later, I tried different settings for RAM again and same thing happens. 1.3v vcore and 1.21v QPI/VTT is no longer stable when I run IBT. I haven't tested again with 1.3v vcore and 1.23v QPI/VTT but I have feeling that's what I have to do to get it stable again. That's just strange.

Below is my current BIOS settings for 3.8GHz OC. Note that I'm probably going to change QPI/VTT to 1.23v to get it stable but I'll confirm that after I run IBT again maybe tonight. Hope this helps others with same mobo to OC. :)

HTML:
Advanced Frequency Settings
CPU Ratio:			[20X]
>>Advanced CPU Features
Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech.	[Disabled]
CPU Cores Enabled		[All]
CPU Multi-Threading		[Enabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)	        [Enabled]
C3/C6/C7 State Support		[Enabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor		[Enabled]
CPU EIST Function		[Enabled]
Bi-Directional PROCHOT		[Enabled]
QPI Clock Ratio			x32
Base Clock(BCLK) Control 	Enabled
BCLK Frequency (Mhz)		190
System Memory Muliplier	6
PCIe Frequency			100
CPU Clock Drive			900mV
PCIe Clock Drive		900mV
CPU Clock Skew			0ps
PCH Clock Skew			0ps

Advanced Memory Settings
System Memory Multiplier	6
Performance Enhance		Standard
DRAM Timing			Quick
>>Channel A Timing Settings
CAS Latency Time		9
tRCD				9
tRP				9
tRAS				24
Command Rate(CMD)		2

Advanced Voltage Settings
CMOS Setup
Load-Line Calibration		[Disabled]
CPU Vcore			1.3V
QPI/VTT Voltage		        1.21V
PCH Core			1.050V
DRAM Voltage			1.5v

Miscellaneous Settings
Isochronous Support		[Disabled]
Virtualization Tech		[Disabled]

Well, as far as case goes, everything fits perfect. Well, almost. ODD bracket is little too long and hits PSU. All I need is like 1/16" to clear it but I'm not that lucky. I de-rivet it already and trying to trim it out to make it fit.

Well, I've found out why I can't get my system to stabilize. It's because of bad RAM. I guess I have to RMA it and who knows how long that's gonna take. :( I had many G.Skill RAM and this is first time it failed. I guess I got lucky till now as things like this could happen to anyone.

Since I was POed with getting my system stabilize, I've worked on hardware side of it. I've decided that even though I could fit in ODD, I've decided to skip it as I rarely use it anyway. I have external drive to use it too so not much merit having it internally. I've trimmed off part of ODD bracket and mounted HDD where ODD goes. Top looks really clean that way and once it's screwed down, it would make the case more solid. Eventually, I'll swap out this HDD with SSD.

One other change for now is that I won't make PSU cables short. It seems to fit fine and if I needed to, I can do this later time.

Now the thing is what to do with ODD cutout? It looks so plain and odd with plastic cover on ODD cutout. I'm thinking to place my Lian Li TR-3B Thermal Monitor that I've bought couple of years ago and never used it(not sure if display will fit though) or just etch N.E.U.N.B. and place it there with red LED or something.

Anyways, I'll try to post pictures I've taken so far as soon as I can(I know I'm a lazy a$$)

Finally, some picture update.

Some shots of Mosfet heatsinks.
DSC09337.jpg

Mosfet heatsink on back side of Motherboard. Used needle nose and screw driver to bend it as it's too long as is.
DSC09339.jpg

Top side.
DSC09344.jpg
DSC09340.jpg
DSC09343.jpg
DSC09345.jpg
DSC09346.jpg

This is how close H50 sits to PSU.
DSC09355.jpg

This is how close ODD mount sits.
DSC09446.jpg
DSC09452.jpg
DSC09455.jpg

and some miscellaneous shots.
DSC09347.jpg
DSC09348.jpg
DSC09350.jpg
DSC09353.jpg
DSC09354.jpg
DSC09356.jpg
DSC09357.jpg
DSC09359.jpg
DSC09365.jpg
DSC09367.jpg
DSC09368.jpg
DSC09370.jpg
DSC09438.jpg
DSC09444.jpg
DSC09445.jpg
DSC09449.jpg
DSC09450.jpg
DSC09448.jpg
DSC09451.jpg
DSC09447.jpg
DSC09456.jpg
DSC09457.jpg

As I have mentioned before, this is kind of project that only needs couple of days to finish. It shouldn't be like mine where it take more than a year and then some. :) Oh well, at this point I'll be happy as long as it's done(or will it ever be?)

Last night, I've assembled all except front and side cover. So, it's basically done other than painting to hide scratches from filing and all and just make it look nicer. I would be able to paint it till summer since it's cold now.

I'm already thinking about adding couple of more things. I was using Xigmatek fan but I think they are still loud. I had orange Nexus fan that I bought like 7-8 years ago that I've never used. It's much quieter than Xigmatek, so I'm going to use that. I'm also thinking about maybe a new graphics card with Accelero XTREME Plus, fan controller for fan and H50 pump and LCD panel.

Anyways, that's not for now so I'll take some more shots and update. :)

Also, here is updated BIOS setting for 3.7Ghz stable.
I had to lower my OC to 3.7Ghz. For some reason 3.8Ghz needed more voltage than before with new RAM. But this is fine too as I was able to lower vcore and others.

HTML:
Advanced Frequency Settings
CPU Ratio:			[20X]
>>Advanced CPU Features
Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech.	[Disabled]
CPU Cores Enabled		[All]
CPU Multi-Threading		[Enabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)	        [Enabled]
C3/C6/C7 State Support		[Enabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor		[Enabled]
CPU EIST Function		[Enabled]
Bi-Directional PROCHOT		[Enabled]
QPI Clock Ratio			x32
Base Clock(BCLK) Control 	Enabled
BCLK Frequency (Mhz)		185
System Memory Multiplier	        6
PCIe Frequency			100
CPU Clock Drive			900mV
PCIe Clock Drive		900mV
CPU Clock Skew			0ps
PCH Clock Skew			0ps

Advanced Memory Settings
System Memory Multiplier	6
Performance Enhance		Standard
DRAM Timing			Quick
>>Channel A Timing Settings
CAS Latency Time		9
tRCD				9
tRP				9
tRAS				24
Command Rate(CMD)		2

Advanced Voltage Settings
CMOS Setup
Load-Line Calibration		[Disabled]
CPU Vcore			1.2625V
QPI/VTT Voltage		        1.25V
PCH Core			1.050V
DRAM Voltage			1.5v

Miscellaneous Settings
Isochronous Support		[Disabled]
Virtualization Tech		[Disabled]

Last edited:
No picture update this time.(Hey, don't expect too much from me :))

I got to put everything together last night. First, I couldn't put the front cover on and couldn't figure out what's blocking it. It turns out head of 2 screws for ODD bracket was touching plastic part of front cover because of front plate that I made. I used utility knife and cut off where head of screw touches and problem solved. :D

Next step was to use IBT to check temp since I never did it with cover on. Open case was around 68c during 5th pass. To my surprise, it was hitting 78c and climbing even before 1 pass was over. :mad: I was thinking maybe 3-4c increase but never thought 10c and possibly much higher since I stopped it due to high temp.

I hate to make the fan as intake since it will dump 70c+ heat back to inside of the case but I would have to look in to that option now. One other thing is that front cover was getting pretty warm. I'm not sure if that will discolor finishing in long rung(Any input on this?) but I can fix that as long as I can control the temp. There's something called Tyvek which is used to cover outside of house(Plywood) that blocks heat and cold. I remember it used to cost like $900 a roll. I could get small piece to cover inside of front cover if I need to for free from people I know so that's not a problem.

I'll first try to use YL fan which spins about 3000rpm faster than Nexus but still little quieter and Xigmatek fan. If that can't keep temp around 70c(which I think safe temp for 750?) I'll try push and pull which I hate to do because I would have to mount radiator further away from front. That bends tube too much if I remember correctly but I guess I would have to do it if that's what it needs to be done. If neither works, next step would be to make it push/pull and set it as intake which should definitely fix the issue and possibly even dropping temp since it's push/pull.

:mad: Now I have to take things apart to get this done. :mad: But I'll take couple of pictures while doing that and show how's temp with new setup in next update.:)

P.S. I think I forgot to mention but PCB on failed RAM was green but new one is black. Black PCB is always look better than green PCB. :D

Quick update.

I went to Home Depot to get L shaped bracket and wood panel to place PC on top of it. I originally planned to place it on side wall and bought things accordingly but after I got home, I found out I could actually mount it on the wall that is facing me. The problem with that is, panel that I got is not deep enough. I guess I'll head back to Home Depot again and get it exchanged with wider one. :(

I ended up not using what I've bought. I found triangle shape wood panel with corners cut off so I used that. So, shelf is done now(well, I want to paint it but not now) and I started to swap out fan last night. More work than I thought it would be.

Push/Pull set up is pretty tight fit. The tube actually hits RAM and pushes it to one side bending it. The solution was to zip tie them to fan grill. I'm not a fan of fan grill but tube would touch blade without it so I had no choice.

Looking down from above without HDD bracket, there's only 2"x6" space that I can see through and half of that is blocked by cables. Yeah, it's pretty tight now and not much room to put anything. Pretty much only place I can see that is not blocked is top part that I've mentioned above and little space below PSU on side.

I wasn't able to connect everything yesterday because I had to modify HDD bracket again. It's because Push/Pull pushes Radiator further back and part of bracket touches it. I'll finish up modifying bracket tonight, do cable management(whatever I can) and put everything together. Not sure if I would have time to check temp with Push/Pull setup though.

Those are made by Enzotech and model is BMR-C1 for big one and MOS-C1 for small one. I bought these couple of years ago but you can get these from pretty much anywhere.

Here is Newegg link for BMR-C1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708008&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-VGA+Cooling-_-Enzotech-_-35708008

and for MOS-C1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708011&cm_re=MOS-C1-_-35-708-011-_-Product

You can shop around to find to save few bucks but Newegg price is about how much it goes pretty much everywhere else. It might be shipping that save you the most.

where did u buy the mosfet heat sinks?

no doubt...those things look awesome

Quick update!

I've been fooling around with fan set up. My first try with 1 Nexus fan set as exhaust(Nice and quiet) didn't work out well with case closed as it was getting too hot. I've tried 2 Xigmatek PWM in push/pull set as exhaust but it was too loud. At least for me it was. Later I found out those are something like 1500-1600rpm. It was somewhat quiet idling but as soon as I run IBT, it was too loud. Some people might think it's quiet but it's too loud for my taste.

I know I know, you can't have both but I'll still try. I still can't find nice fan controller to fit in as space is one thing my case is lack of. Next thing I'll try is Zalman fanmate 2 and hook up 2 Xigmatek(I'm getting tired of taking whole set up apart and put it back) that are on right now and lower speed. Running Xigmatek at max speed, it was about 71c-72c running IBT. I hope that lowering speed down to 1000rpm still maintain that temp since it's push/pull setup.

If that fails to maintain that temp, I'll take everything apart again and try 2 Yate Loons rated at 1200rpm in push/pull and set it to voltage regulated fan control instead of PWM. This is probably loud for me but I'll see how it works out.

If all fails, back up plan is to either get 2 800rpm slipstream slim or 2 800rpm Gentle Typhoon push/pull setup or relocate HDD and put 92mm exhaust fan and make vent on top of the case.

Another quick update.

I hooked up Fanmate 2 to 2 Xigmateks and set it to 1200RPM which I think it's little too noise for my taste. This isn't going to work! The temp were going up to 78c and not even 1st pass was completed. It seems like I have no choice other than to make it as intake. This worries me as it will dump 70c+ in to case which will heat up everything.

I'm thinking about placing only one fan to pull as intake and make vent on top of the case then put 92mm fan as exhaust so that most of heat will be exhausted right out.

This brings me to think about where to put HDD. :( This will be tough one to figure out.

I'll test out will only one fan without vent on top to see if I can get good temp. I might have to drop my OC little too. :(

Thanks! With almost no comments, it makes me feel like I'm talking to myself(Well, I do that time to time :)) Comments get me motivated to work on this again. :D

I still prefer making H50 as exhaust and came up with idea at work yesterday. I went home and measured it but it's not going to work. My plan was to put 120mm fan where H50 is now and make that intake. Then, make bracket to mount H50 on top with radgrill and exhaust all hot air right out. This way, H50 is still set as exhaust but getting cool(ambient temp) air blown directly at it. Great plan I thought till I started measuring. H50 fits perfectly with maybe 1/8" space left against PSU although radgrill won't be on center of top cover. The problem is fan for H50, it comes down enough to hit intake fan. I say scratch this idea.

Then just now as I was reading this comment, hmmmmm I wonder if 120mmx120mmx12mm Scythe fan would fit? I have to go home after work to do some more measuring but I think I have good chance. If it fits, it solves HDD location too as I can mount it on bottom of the case.

I'll update tomorrow as to what happens! :)

Looking good, keep it up.

Good new and bad news. Good new is that it fits. Bad new is that I did little googling and it turns out the fan is not good for radiator use. Many said it doesn't have much static pressure and is loud when speed is turned up to push some air. 2 bad combination.

I'll try to lower my OC to 3.6Ghz and maybe switch to YLs and test out before start cutting top of cover. I can't believe I'm putting in this much effort to get temp under control and to drop my OC because of it. :(

I couldn't wait till I go home from work to see how 3.6Ghz will work. I went home for lunch so I figured why not? it's quick to change in BIOS and let it run IBT for short period time.

First quick BIOS change dropping BCLK to 180 and drop vcore couple of notch down. After first pass, max temp was 71c! Sure, it's 400Mhz short of what I originally planned and 100Mhz lower than what I was going to settle but I think I'll settle with 100Mhz lower clock than modding top of the case! The fan setup was 2 Xigmatek push/pull @ 1350RPM.

I'll tweak vcore after I go home as couple more notch lower vcore than first try locked up system. Maybe I'll try nexus fan again after tweaking. I might be able to tweak it 70c load and if so, Nexus fan running full speed should be around 74-75c which I think I should be fine. IBT temp should be like worst case scenario temp and should never reach that high even encoding video. I can almost imagine 100% functioning PC now! :)

I did further testing and I might raise it back up to 3.7Ghz. I ran IBT longer and it's failing at 2nd pass with lower voltage. it's getting real close to 3.7Ghz voltage.

Also, I tried to take front cover off as I was suspecting there just isn't enough vent to exhaust hot air and that's why it's getting high temp. It dropped almost 10c and 2nd run of IBT didn't increase temp either. So basically, it's 10c lower on 1st 5 passes of IBT and about 20c lower on 2nd run of IBT.

:( I need to come up with ways to open up more vent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Haven't worked on this for awhile. I've decided to mod front cover. I'm planning to cut slant part of front cover and cover it with round mesh. I've ordered mesh today so it should be here in couple of days. Now, I need to find time to dremel and file(yeah, more filing. Great :()

Also, there's one more change to parts list. I've inherited Samsung 64GB SSD. It's not as fast as current SSD but should be still much faster than WD Black 160GB HDD. Since I'm only planning to install Windows 7, Video Editing program and maybe 2-3 games including L4D2, this should be plenty enough

Hehe, don't worry, as a fellow WC mITX owner, I have been following this thread :) I try not post unless if I have something useful to say, however...

Great work so far, I am using a lot in your build in my own at the moment. Keep it up! ;)

jesus dude, I thought my build was tight

that is dense...hmm...how about tig[H]t

Watching. I ignorantly tried to jam a kuhler into a SG06 lastnight without prior research. Glad I ran into to this thread.

Sorry guys, I had so many things happen since last update including the company I work for spin off a new company and we had to(still are) setting everything up from scratch. Also much longer commute(suck with gas price nowadays) and toll. :(

I haven't had much chance to work on this and probably won't work on front cover for sometime as I don't have much time nowadays.

Also, SATA cable sat too close to PSU and I had to buy 2 new SATA cable(such waste of money since I have so many of them)

One last mod I'm doing now is to modify floppy power connector.

I'll post up pic ASAP.

Instead, I've ordered SG05 front cover from Silverstone which I ended up receiving with 2 scratches on it and missing HDD LED. They've sent LED for HDD but sent wrong size which was too big to fit. Anyway, the guy I was dealing with said he will send me new cover(which I should send him an email as they didn't have it in stock and said he will send month later which now it's close to 2 months)

Because of SG05 front cover design, I probably wouldn't have to worry about heat issue with very simple modification.

Thank you very much guys. But I've failed you last couple of month with update :(

I'll be a good boy and take some pictures although not much changed since last time.

Hehe, don't worry, as a fellow WC mITX owner, I have been following this thread :) I try not post unless if I have something useful to say, however...

Great work so far, I am using a lot in your build in my own at the moment. Keep it up! ;)

jesus dude, I thought my build was tight

that is dense...hmm...how about tig[H]t

Watching. I ignorantly tried to jam a kuhler into a SG06 lastnight without prior research. Glad I ran into to this thread.

Thank you very much guys. But I've failed you last couple of month with update :(

I'll be a good boy and take some pictures although not much changed since last time.

No worries, we will get an update/pictures when you get the time! :)

My own build based on your worklog is almost finished, I need to rethink my cabling and how to best fit an airfilter in the modded front ;).

Filter? You are not exhausting hot air out? It will get hot real quick. :) Remember, that's the reason why I got SG05 front cover temporary till I find time to mod my SG06 front cover.

I put all my cables on right side close to power switch. It's not visible there and doesn't block airflow.

P.S. I just thought about filter. If you are still going for it, I forgot the name of it but there's fine lined filter with magnet around edge that sticks to metal. that might work out since it doesn't require anything other than metal to put it on and you can also put that on plastic as I believe they provide you with double sided tape too. I know I've seen it couple of times here.

No worries, we will get an update/pictures when you get the time! :)

My own build based on your worklog is almost finished, I need to rethink my cabling and how to best fit an airfilter in the modded front ;).

Last edited:
I was modding plastic piece for floppy power connector so I have about 1/8" more room for ODD and I messed it up. It must have been something that I ate this morning giving more strength but I put too much force and cut it in half rather than trimming it. Yeah, it's really coming down to where even 1/16 or 1/8" is making the difference of parts fitting and not. Might be even shorter lol.

Filter? You are not exhausting hot air out? It will get hot real quick. :) Remember, that's the reason why I got SG05 front cover temporary till I find time to mod my SG06 front cover.

I put all my cables on right side close to power switch. It's not visible there and doesn't block airflow.

P.S. I just thought about filter. If you are still going for it, I forgot the name of it but there's fine lined filter with magnet around edge that sticks to metal. that might work out since it doesn't require anything other than metal to put it on and you can also put that on plastic as I believe they provide you with double sided tape too. I know I've seen it couple of times here.

Yes a filter, I have mounted a Antec Kuhler 620 on the top of the case (exhausting hot air out) and used a slim scythe fan in the front of the case as a intake fan.

Here is a picture a took a few minutes ago with my mobile phone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1742074/Xfinity_SG05_110526.jpg

It was a close fit to the ATX PSU and the GTX 570 I fitted in the case as well, but it was sure worth it ;).

Back