Whew! For a second I thought it was a game where you explore Kate Mara! :rolleyes:

OIP.VbZwqGRQNqvnyIwARg_bJwHaMW?w=179&h=299&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

Ninja Theory's upcoming game takes place in an absurdly photorealistic apartment

From ultra-close photography of surfaces to a LIDAR scan of the entire apartment, Ninja Theory's artists have built procedural tools to create the apartment's materials and space in photorealistic detail...

Ninja Theory's upcoming game takes place in an absurdly photorealistic apartment

From ultra-close photography of surfaces to a LIDAR scan of the entire apartment, Ninja Theory's artists have built procedural tools to create the apartment's materials and space in photorealistic detail...

the photorealism in this game looks amazing...I literally couldn't tell the difference from the real images and the game engine ones

sure but from the same developer back-to-back-to-back?...pretty soon they're going to be known as the mental illness developer...
Some developers have a niche, I guess this is theirs. Machine Games seems to be the "Nazi killing" company now, for example.

sure but from the same developer back-to-back-to-back?...pretty soon they're going to be known as the mental illness developer...
They had been doing nothing but vanilla third-person action adventure until Hellblade. They found a niche in the crowded market and I commend them for it.

I'm not really Hellblade's target audience, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Will probably pick this game up sometime, mostlikely on sale if I have nothing better to do, since I'll likely only play it once.

Would be interested to see the character models because even Senua was pretty realistic looking when that came out, guessing this game will be a few steps closer to photorealism. They already showed us how realistic the apartment looks, and it's pretty incredible.

I'm not really Hellblade's target audience, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Will probably pick this game up sometime, mostlikely on sale if I have nothing better to do, since I'll likely only play it once.

Would be interested to see the character models because even Senua was pretty realistic looking when that came out, guessing this game will be a few steps closer to photorealism. They already showed us how realistic the apartment looks, and it's pretty incredible.
The video looks like they may have Melina Juergens playing the lead role again in this one, as she is the one getting off the elevator in the test footage.

I mean, we have 6000 games where you are military man shooting bad guys...I think we can handle another game about mental illness.
Yes, I think there's plenty of said "military shooter" but I think his comment was more about the studio itself working within the same wheel house again. Not the fact that it's about mental illness.

I know when I follow a director, I get bored if they keep tackling the same themes. There's nothing more boring than seeing a Zack Snyder Grim Dark film for example. Especially when you know it's going to be 2 1/2 hours long. Then you hear the new JL is going to be 4 hours. You just sigh and worry about the future of entertainment.

Yes, I think there's plenty of said "military shooter" but I think his comment was more about the studio itself working within the same wheel house again. Not the fact that it's about mental illness.

I know when I follow a director, I get bored if they keep tackling the same themes. There's nothing more boring than seeing a Zack Snyder Grim Dark film for example. Especially when you know it's going to be 2 1/2 hours long. Then you hear the new JL is going to be 4 hours. You just sigh and worry about the future of entertainment.
I get that, though we've literally only seen one other game in this "genre" from them. That's like saying that that Call of Duty 2 was too many military games from Activision after the first CoD.

I get that, though we've literally only seen one other game in this "genre" from them. That's like saying that that Call of Duty 2 was too many military games from Activision after the first CoD.
It's the same theme right after tackling it. Be slightly different if they did something fresh first then come back.

So you must have liked Treyatch’s shots at CoD after all their Spider-Man and sports games.
They are no longer a company worth following. They only make CODs now.

I care far more for Raven and they are suffering the same fate. It's sad.

Though, it's neither company's fault. Activision has created the assignment. That's what they are paid to do. A shame Activision isn't trying to create new IP or do different things. Still, I probably wouldn't support it anyway given their ties to China and what have you. I cannot support that nonsense. Too many games and too many choices to not be able to create a moral obligation for companies to adhere to. I can literally stop buying games today and have more games than I can play in a lifetime.

It's the same theme right after tackling it. Be slightly different if they did something fresh first then come back.
The point is, what game developer out there ever switches genres with their games? May as well criticize 90% of game developers out there for the same reason, then. This is only the second game. Some developers go 20 years never deviating from what they make.

The point is, what game developer out there ever switches genres with their games? May as well criticize 90% of game developers out there for the same reason, then. This is only the second game. Some developers go 20 years never deviating from what they make.

mental illness isn't really a genre...it's pretty a much a single topic which makes 3 games in a row about it (including Senua 2) feel like it's the only type of game they know how to make

I mean... Is that an actual problem?

it's not a problem, just an observation...this Mara game actually looks more interesting then Senua which I didn't think was all that amazing...I played Senua via Game Pass PC and I'm glad I didn't pay for it

it's not a problem, just an observation...this Mara game actually looks more interesting then Senua which I didn't think was all that amazing...I played Senua via Game Pass PC and I'm glad I didn't pay for it
It came off as a complaint that you then doubled (and tripled) down on...if that was not the intention, apologies.

That said, I really enjoyed Senua...I need to replay it with headphones, possibly in VR - me and the wife played it together on the TV the first go.

I purchased it back when they were giving proceeds to mental health charities as well, and I felt the game was priced appropriately in the first place.

It came off as a complaint that you then doubled (and tripled) down on...if that was not the intention, apologies.

That said, I really enjoyed Senua...I need to replay it with headphones, possibly in VR - me and the wife played it together on the TV the first go.

I purchased it back when they were giving proceeds to mental health charities as well, and I felt the game was priced appropriately in the first place.
Playing with headphones is a must, in my opinion. The audio mix is outstanding and it fully immerses you in the game.

I played Senua a second time recently. First time was at 4K on an older machine (so FPS wasn't great). Now I played on ultrawide 1440p with high refresh, getting around 90 fps, it was amazing.

Definitely a lot easier the second time around, as I knew how to play it and how all the puzzles work. What an amazing experience.

Photorealism is cool and all, but I'm just not in the market for a game that plays in a single apartment. The more freedom a game offers the better, freedom to go where you want, and do what you want. Senua offered neither, this seems even worse.

PS: It's adorable when amateurs see some cheap dildo lidar for the first time, and are awestruck by it. Scanning an apartment like that would be an hour for us, in much higher detail than what they achieved in one day.

Back