Project: First Timer--WC'd Stacker

I forgot to ask you something about the switches. You mentioned you're using the separate red light for the HDD indicator. So that leaves the power LED for one switch. What's the LED function for the other switch?

Also, is that a red LED or a red lamp? I looks rather large to be an LED unless it's one or more LEDs inside a housing with a red plastic cover.

It's a lamp actually, force of habit makes me write LED. :)

The other LED on the switch won't do anything. I found the idea of having one switch be both a reset and hdd light a little strange and I thought it would look cooler if the hdds had their own lamp.

I'd like to figure out something to do with the other led, I think it'd be kinda neat to splice the two and have two power LEDs, but I don't want to even get into that wiring mess.

I've been debating a custom window for a while now. :)

If you just have a dual radiator there is a bracket that fits into the mesh plate at the bottom of the case, but I understand you wanting to use your grinder, it relieved a lot of stress for me, lol.

I know I said I'd post today but that's not going to happen, I got quite busy unfortunately, we'll see what happens tomorrow. :)

Where the DD Store? Will that work on a Thermochill?

Where the DD Store? Will that work on a Thermochill?

Yeah, DD has them but I've seen them elsewhere. That was my original plan for my case but I wanted to go a little more extreme.

I got the impression that it worked with any 120.2 but I remember it said it was for the Black Ice ones, but I can't see them being much different. I'm sure you could email DD or another retailer and they could tell you. :)

Yeah, DD has them but I've seen them elsewhere. That was my original plan for my case but I wanted to go a little more extreme.

I got the impression that it worked with any 120.2 but I remember it said it was for the Black Ice ones, but I can't see them being much different. I'm sure you could email DD or another retailer and they could tell you. :)

Yea I'm trying to find out, I might just opt for that, rather than get a new radiator (use what I already have). I wanted to put in a 120.3 but was in a bit of a rush since my OLD PC was crapping out and I wanted to have something to use.

I decided to go ahead and cool my northbridge.

I was totally impressed with EKs block.

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

I fired it up and got some temps at 1.45v on the CPU and it was right at 37 under load at 2800mhz. I know 1.45 is high for that but when I OC I go ahead and give some headroom, get to where I want, then go down from there. :)

Sorry for the huge delay, but I've been quite busy and still am, but my case is damned close to being done. Just wanted to let you guys that were/are actually keeping up with this that I'm still alive and well, but way to busy for hobbies right now.

Hopefully I'll be able to post up in a few days. :)

Cheers

Well Well I'm getting closer to being done.

I cut off part of the mounting plate on my pump, I want to get the pump as far back as possible, and cutting off the unnecessary extra metal is helpful. I don't have a before pic, i forgot. :\

IMG_1811.jpg

I made new res brackets before I decided to paint. I like the positioning of this set up better than the previous and it gives me room for VC upgrades. The original res mounting position was way to close for comfort if a new card was to be added.

I had to cut out part of the case so I could get a rivet in there. :)
IMG_1834.jpg

Here's what they look like
IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

CURVEBALL! ;) My dog, Isis.

Some precious cargo had to be covered. We didn't do an awesome job but the paint we are using is pretty heavy and we also had the air blowing another direction.
Before:

After:

Here's the wet coat
IMG_1835.jpg

Okay, here's the finish result of the paint, I was surprised how much I liked it. :p It's quite strange though. The paint was a Wrinkle finish used on auto parts mostly.
IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

Soon the parts will be installed!

ABSOLUTLY love the paint job shown here. Reminds me of HL2 or fallout , how did you get it to look so rusty and old looking?

Just FYI for Krenum: please don't quote an entire message with multiple, unrelated pics. It's a pain for everyone to scroll through and wait for them to load again when they're already shown earlier in the thread. I don't mean to be an a$$, and hope you don't take it personally... just trying to help. :)

yeah sorry about that , I tried highlighting the pics I was talking about , Looks like it didnt work, sorry for those who have 56k still.

It was ok for me... at work on my university's backbone into the Internet. At home, I'd still be ok with Cable broadband. I pitty those on 56k (or any analog modem) trying to view any thread on [H]. :)

Hey RSGUNTER... Do you have your final shots yet? What about benchmarks? Looks kewl bro! The only thing I have done so far is trim out my back 120mm fan slot and added a fan.. I am at a stand still because that company who is making my upper case that will fit on top of my Lian Li, is dragging their feet.. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. For what its worth, I purchased TWO EK 8800gts water blocks (with the Black Acetal Tops.. Not the clear plexiglass tops). Two hundred and sixty one dollars later, I am feeling OK about the purchase. I am sad because my friggin 8800 is COMPLETELY stripped down to the bare single PCB board.. ALL of my fan / heatsink assembly has been completely removed. Uggghhhh. It looks pitiful. hahahahaha.

Well Well, I was going to do a final shot today, but one of my LED lasers broke! WTF!!!!!

So I gotta order another, then you'll get a final shot. I just got my 8800GTS so it'll look a little more beefy in there.

The lighting looks sick I think, so we'll see what happens. :)

Final shots should be up by the beginning of next week. Just thought I'd give an update.

I've been looking around for set ups using this res and I'm not finding much. My concern with mounting my inlet and outlet on the bottom was that the fluid won't circulate and I'll be running hotter fluid through the loop. Is that not the case? Would it circulate enough?

You guys are definitely gonna like the paintjob! I just haven't gotten the pics uploaded yet. Watch for them!

That is why you put something in between the inlet and outlet so that the water has to flow up and around it, that will also prevent a whirlpool effect.

Like what? There is a small barrier for that, but I don't know what else could help.

How is your temperatures, i see you have alot of pressure on the block and looks like your motherboard is concave where the cpu is. Just a thought you might wanna check that. Other wise looks great good work.

Finally! All done! Took forever to make a ghetto tripod so I could get a long exposure shot.

And btw, I have no clue why I have condensation in my reservoir. It doesn't ever get worse, but a lot of times better, *shurgs*. It's not heat, my stuff is running cool.

Processor runs at 3.6ghz @ 50c on average under load.

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

Glad to see you finished it, I really like that paint as well. I also liek that you hacked off the stupid plastic thing on top I wanna do that to mine but I am too lazy lol.

I don't care for the factory window though, I don't like my drive bays exposed. Although in your case it works, since you painted the entire inside of the case and have a nice rezzy to show off.

Looks great bro! Man, it turned out nicely! As for that res question, I don't know.. You could always fill the res with more fluid.. Just wanted to say VERY nice build!

nice and very clean job, i do agree i like the wrinkle finish, the camera flash does it no justice.

btw which ek res is that? i have the 250 and i got those crappy clear press in res mounts, i like yours they look to lock into place firmly

nice and very clean job, i do agree i like the wrinkle finish, the camera flash does it no justice.

btw which ek res is that? i have the 250 and i got those crappy clear press in res mounts, i like yours they look to lock into place firmly

Yeah I have the 250. that's weird that you didn't get the same ones as me. But either way, here ya go:
http://www.petrastechshop.com/ekmureho.html

Thanks for the comments so far guys. :)

Back