Project: EVGA Classified SR-2 Case

I've got to say this is really amazing. I have always liked the idea of a wood computer case, it just looks nicer but thats just me. Too bad I don't have the skills to put something like this together.

Attached the (removable) molding to the bottom of the bottom case.

BottomMolding.jpg

The last bit of fabrication is on the top of the case, made from 3/4-inch oak veneer plywood and solid oak edging. Edging was glued and scraped flush to the surface of the plywood.

TopWithEdgeMaterial.jpg

TopEdgesGluedAndScraped.jpg

The top is removable. To help with re-aligning the heavy top to the carcass some guide blocks were glued to the underside of the top...

TopGuideBlocks.jpg

...and four threaded inserts were installed.

TopThreadedInserts.jpg

BottomOfTop.jpg

You might have typed this somewhere, maybe in the 1irst post... but...

Did you build this for someone else?

that is so amazing 2 140x4s GAHHH I want :p

So will we never see the finish product with hardware?

I read the dimensions of the case a few days ago but seeing you standing behind it really puts things into perspective. That thing is massive and I love it. Screw small formfactor rigs.

Your skills are absolutely amazing. Viewing this worklog provided a lot of inspiration and countless jaw dropping moments.

looking good, are you going to leave the fasteners silver? Or are you going to paint them gloss black? Was that 2x 120x4 Rads I saw?

looking good, are you going to leave the fasteners silver? Or are you going to paint them gloss black? Was that 2x 120x4 Rads I saw?

I no longer have the case, so I couldn't say if he is going to change the fasteners or not.

That is two 140x4 radiators with room to spare for two more. :D

I no longer have the case, so I couldn't say if he is going to change the fasteners or not.

That is two 140x4 radiators with room to spare for two more. :D

amazing just amazing... tons o room.

So you do this for a living or just on the side?

Back