Project: DOOM - ZenModz

Zenator

Limp Gawd
0WQbQR3.jpg

Hello again.

A build based on the new DOOM game.

This Build will be entered in the Cooler Master world series Case mod.

Intro:

With this build I'm not going to try and better or match any other past doom builds,

I'm just going to give my own style of the new Doom game how I see it and the only way I know how, And that is to mod the crap out of it. I hope you enjoy the ride. This build only has a 8 week life span as it must be done before the last day for entering the Cooler master world series. So I have a real lot of work to do to get it done in time.

Before we get started I would like to thank all my new sponsors for believing in me, And for all your support you have given for this new build,. It means a lot to me.

To start off here is some of the coolest gear from Cooler Master.
Pun intended. :D

15buNbq.jpg

The Master Pro 5 case that will be used in this build, as well as the CM 850 PSU,
CM Silencio FP 120 PWM fans, And to top it off I will be painting a CM STORM MECH Keyboard to match the Master Pro 5 case.

I will go into more detail for each item as the build moves along.

To start of some photo, of the work I have done so far over the last week.

MR creepy well that what I call him. and for some strange reason no one I know like the look of him. not sure why.

He started off as two blocks of sign foam and glued together with a thin layer of body filler. and a rough drawing of where I think things go.

The entire build will be done all by hand or hand tools. no 3d printing or any cnc used.

gQ0FzAs.jpg

Next the dremel come out to play. and some 120 grit sand paper.

gyHYGDj.jpg

zxU7BwL.jpg

b0GKb6l.jpg

F01fJli.jpg

ezUK9DR.jpg

jky2urt.jpg

So far so good. ?

Next is the Clay. Oh god now what, I'm thinking to my self! where to start ? Let me just say this is the first time I have tried doing some thing like this so it took some thinking before adding the clay.

I used ping pong balls for the eyes as they looked close to the eyes so thats what i used.

ja70xvH.jpg

tiOaR30.jpg

I have also started adding the space for the teeth which after doing all the top ones, i found that they where all to wide so later one I re-did them.

J48SD9V.jpg

Last edited:
And here are some more photos.

Started adding some pins for the teeth. as well as the center bones for the eye brows

BwyWFQL.jpg

And here the inside of the bottom jaw.

Now the holes for the teeth on the bottom jaw.

pkAKsCA.jpg

Here I have cut the bottom jaw out to make it easier to work on.

7x1VJ8F.jpg

More pins, And look his first tooth how cute.

5xbzAPg.jpg

That soon changed. :paranoid:

uJZXx6r.jpg

And then there where more.

EQqVDSv.jpg

hbZPVLX.jpg

Remember what I was saying about the top teeth holes fix now.

VzsV5I7.jpg

CHuoVY2.jpg

VUkLuoG.jpg

gbYw0bc.jpg

Nwhw45q.jpg

6ENKXBx.jpg

9CFDqj9.jpg

i2Gw2b7.jpg

starting to add more detail now. and have fitted the bottom teeth back.

pFgAtli.jpg

Here I'm adding the gums hanging off. Should look good when painted.

UONxawA.jpg

l8Xh9Yd.jpg

8Q64ijh.jpg

Ptahq4u.jpg

3XbmKBu.jpg

Case Striped down to be painted.

vKQAJr5.jpg

q9JqPAE.jpg

6RoKFMf.jpg

tSxvbjk.jpg

BPeeJC1.jpg

VpMKj48.jpg

64iv1dE.jpg

And back into shape.

Wd7b6zs.jpg

IbBdgqo.jpg

That all for now more again real soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Keeping it going.

Some mesh for the hand that I'm going to start making.

zIVVtL7.jpg

Starting to cover the mesh and added the wire for the fingers.

RZl6VtT.jpg

Added the bends for the fingers.

ZBAO2Ag.jpg

qcHGfoo.jpg

More on that later on for now back to the skull.

I added a drip what should look like blood dripping once painted.

BjWSEIZ.jpg

iM3DAIT.jpg

What I have done next is sprayed the skull in some high-fill 2K primmer when dry I will sand with 600 grit paper. and then I will paint the skull Bone white.

bWBWwwn.jpg

OGt1v0B.jpg

H6fREnY.jpg

eEZyaNG.jpg

Now dry enough for sanding.

s5ooK6I.jpg

ltp8WDy.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by.

More again soon.

Last edited:
If I only know how much fun this was before. I would have been doing this years ago. Hope you all like it so far.

voqmzHG.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

awesome work! Looking forward to following this project! Did you use super sculpey for the hand?

Cheers, dr.stevil yes I did and wish I had used it for the Skull as well. :)

Hi

Got some of the painting done today mostly the skin and nails on the hand.
and will do the rest in the morning.

ePzswM7.jpg

Cheers, dr.stevil yes I did and wish I had used it for the Skull as well. :)

haha yeah, that stuff is amazing to work with... although haven't used it in quite a long time. Awesome modeling and paint work! Keep it up

Amazing work! Can't wait to see more! (y) That's some talent, I can't even carve a decent pumpkin!

Don't look if your skittish around blood.

pMjmO45.jpg

QeuGYlA.jpg

6DQ2Zxy.jpg

1ZcHXlV.jpg

That's all for now,

Thanks for stopping by.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derf
like this
Hello again.

Not giving to much away on the case ATM. But it is well under way.

VqBu2pi.jpg

if anyone wants to know how the can it still be opened I'm making it so all the panels can still be removed.

JAo23n7.jpg

To start the ball rolling here is the Mobo process.

The Mother Board going into the Doom build is the ASUS Sabertooth X99 2011-3

The link can be found here : https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X99/

I think a very cool looking Mobo to start with for the Doom case. and should work well with the theme with it's armor plate cover.

YozNCwp.jpg

What I like most about this Mobo is all the extra bits that come with it like the PCI-e covers and a plug for every thing plus a fan that can be add to the Mobo for some better cooling that I'm going to be using.

1Mv90pB.jpg

Plus you get 4 ram bank fillers to hide the empty ram slots. as well as 3 thermal sensors that plug into the Mobo.

So to start off I have removed the Armor to get it ready for it to be painted in silver.

2Ir89r0.jpg

Ok here come all the PC goodness so I wont do much more talking as I know most of you will just look at the pretty photo's

All Silver. :)

pdgqoMl.jpg

LJcVrmP.jpg

Adding a small amount of yellow. more yellow will be added to the inside of the case later.

9FMC8EB.jpg

Here I also repainted the text onto the hole mobo. to make it all stand out.

wS1c3OR.jpg

For the next photo's I have done a small amount of weathering on the Mobo.

ecNahDy.jpg

7FcWa89.jpg

hnI7rG2.jpg

EZRM8vT.jpg

Thanks to Cooler Master and AVEXIR I get to use some sweet looking BLITZ Series AVEXIR Ram. You just have to love how good there ram looks.:D

NE14cYv.jpg

But I'm still going to mod it just a bit. to work in with the look of the Mobo.

Black.

ekXMjYe.jpg

Now silver.

7WjLQ00.jpg

And now even sexier then before.

SldCxKr.jpg

hAQU7fA.jpg

k2Qtn8K.jpg

AuAo8ee.jpg

Here is the Mobo completed :p

vzUA4Kc.jpg

qbbc0wm.jpg

7UxdNRz.jpg

vUUECwo.jpg

WnMGYrL.jpg

WkNflOM.jpg

That it for now, As always thanks for stopping by.

Reactions: Derf
like this
Hello again.

First off for this week Cooler Master sent me some A cool t-shirt and a drink container for being part the the Cooler Master World Series. Thank you CM I will wear it with pride, :thumbup:

KcTNG4v.jpg

Sadly Ive been told I look bad in photos. What do you think ? I was Home Alone at the time. and was a bit scared when the flash went off :D

M5IO3aM.jpg

So the build is still moving along, I started off making a airlock door. and some rails for the inside and some other parts, then moved on to the case again.

O06oqDv.jpg

xRo7ike.jpg

The Rails relay suck to make. just my 2 sense worth. And yes I need to make more! :upset:

ZypcbF6.jpg

All of this build is hand made, cut out mostly with a sharp blade and other hand tools.

d5Ft7rQ.jpg

TMApLD4.jpg

Ikl1ZNO.jpg

Still adding to the look of the case as I go. Below is where I'm up to so far.

51aszJd.jpg

ZihK0tZ.jpg

96Att8K.jpg

Some parts are being shaped with sign foam to make it a bit quicker.

KdpZQwu.jpg

gLAw1Q5.jpg

NUaWgGc.jpg

jEmwn40.jpg

That's about it for now. I'm waiting for the water cooling gear from Bitspower to arrive then I can start getting the inside up and going as well. :D

But for now I'm trying to get the outside all done, Not all that much more to go on the outside. just lots of small bits.

Again thanks for stopping by.

Last edited:
Hello again.

Here are some more photos again hope you like them. :)

d0peCha.jpg

biBrDUD.jpg

elevator door.
Rz0chqN.jpg

DmIJWtx.jpg

elevator power box. and will light up.

9kYAz53.jpg

More elevator parts. this is the top cover.
Pl34KQI.jpg

Xz73MJ0.jpg

PTjZiSD.jpg

esHayod.jpg

And for the rest. Hope you like them :)

lyRvjFS.jpg

CRJMqF5.jpg

0voKhkB.jpg

FgP6xOY.jpg

rcnChKQ.jpg

wNVpN0q.jpg

jWslywl.jpg

wXzRejH.jpg

95oI0e6.jpg

YVaNWim.jpg

Still looking to add a vent here.
Y2TcO2o.jpg

fVAyI2t.jpg

IimbV68.jpg

Hos1O0n.jpg

tmX3WCG.jpg

pUQ6h1Q.jpg

Still lots more to do. and more to add to it as well, I hope you all like how it's coming together let me know what you think all feed back is welcome :)

Thanks again for stopping by. :)

Pretty impressive. Your ability to make it look weathered is incredible. Are you using an airbrush to create that effect? Also, are you the same person that did the Mars City mod when Doom 3 came out?

Pretty impressive. Your ability to make it look weathered is incredible. Are you using an airbrush to create that effect? Also, are you the same person that did the Mars City mod when Doom 3 came out?

Thanks Krenum. appreciate the feed back. yes airbrush and paint brush. No I did not do the Mars City one. this is my first doom case mod. :)

Doom PC still going strong,

Received some Very sweet looking cables from modGuru and made some small changes to them to match the inside of the build.

rDtYM4g.jpg

Added a grill the the top of the case.

hmKtTPY.jpg

LQCjijX.jpg

Now painted :)

9rtkoCm.jpg

I have also finished off the back side panel to help make it blend into the case.

yDhBYyi.jpg

EXAp4c8.jpg

dIhkKHB.jpg

RQAvB3e.jpg

After adding some more weathering to the side panel I think it now just works with the rest of the case.

qm08fHQ.jpg

Thanks Again for stopping by.

Very awesome, Glad to see the Doom 3 Pentagram logo on it.

I don't know what you do for a living, but you have some mad modeling skillz. I can't wait to see the final product.

Hi everyone.

One update till Sunday.

kJHgZ7x.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.
Is Mr. Screams Alot going to have pupils or is he meant to not have them? Either way has artistic potential.
I'm just curious on how this will look finished. Fantastic work so far.

Also, out of the crazy amount of detail here, the one thing that impresses me most are simple details like how the blood on his forehead still looks wet and the lighter, more watery trail underneath showing the path the blood droplet took. Simple things like that can be overlooked easily.

Very awesome, Glad to see the Doom 3 Pentagram logo on it.

Thank you Krenum :)

I don't know what you do for a living, but you have some mad modeling skillz. I can't wait to see the final product.

Thank you Temo Vryce, I work mostly as a spray painter. But very much still a starving artist. :D

Is Mr. Screams Alot going to have pupils or is he meant to not have them? Either way has artistic potential.
I'm just curious on how this will look finished. Fantastic work so far.

Also, out of the crazy amount of detail here, the one thing that impresses me most are simple details like how the blood on his forehead still looks wet and the lighter, more watery trail underneath showing the path the blood droplet took. Simple things like that can be overlooked easily.

Thanks Capt, yes the eyes stay looking like that but they will have LEDs to light them up, And thank you for taking the time to have a good look at what I have done. :happy:

Cheers, Ken.

Hi, It update time again and I'm sure some of you are keen to know what the inside of the Doom case is starting to look like, So say no more!

ASUS 970 GTX Being changed over to water. Thanks to Bitspower :)

LjviUtb.jpg

zdiXxYs.jpg

Oyo1YAC.jpg

Ok here is the photo's you been waiting for.

Tubing and floor plates for the case and GPU.I will still be adding more to the plates.

knOZkxU.jpg

2x140 Coolermaster fans get a new look for the top 280 rad.

tsFa4Ni.jpg

This should give you some idea as to the look of the inside of the Doom case. And before someone asks why there is one the tubes running across the center, When the side panel in on the pipe can be seen sitting just above the two top windows from the outside of the case. will add some photos of that tomorrow.

mIDjaEJ.jpg

UD2yaBS.jpg

QmojJHo.jpg

9GsD2Jn.jpg

Hope you all like it. Thanks again for stopping by.

Hi Main Doom door, It's small for a door and need a bit more detailing but It's a Door. :) Plus I finished off part of the lift. and the side windows show some of the cooling inside.

KWXVtdc.jpg

ZCqx0jC.jpg

ZRIOMDh.jpg

XTV3E10.jpg

8l1z7IS.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by and having a look.

Hi every one,

The Doom build is just about done, Just some small details to go.

Sadly there will be no cooling fluid added to the build for some time to come as I don't have a CPU for the build yet.

JyIRwBC.jpg

aRPQsy5.jpg

2eBRbp5.jpg

Dz1ep1C.jpg

di1Eiad.jpg

gblr1GR.jpg

XqSwQeb.jpg

VteBzYv.jpg

WBy9Le8.jpg

ZXVRbIF.jpg

Back