Project: Devil's Dark Side

Thanks guys. I'm glad you like it. I still have some minor things to do before it's all together.

Gorgeous. I wish I had those kind of painting abilities.

How far from the back did you mount you radiator grill?

Are both rads pulling? Did you make those feet yourself?

Sorry for all of the questions, but your work is really good.

For the rad mounting... get the parts you are going to use and measure everything. Then do it again. I base my measurements off of the that and also factored in spacing for the mobo and anything going in the front. There is no exact science to it or a standard measurement. If you look at some of the pics whaen I started you can get an idea of what I did for. I taped everything off. Mounted the main parts and marked where they sit. Knowing where the mobo and etc. are I then started to mark up what I wanted to cut.

Yes, both rads are pulling.

The feet was a lucky find. They are knobs for kitchen cab's.

No problem about the questions. Glad you like my work.

What hardware did you use to mount those radiator grills?

How do you like that shroud and gasket combination?

will you do me a big favor the next time you post some pics... take one of the ball/spring mechanism in the door.. I took mine apart and can't figure out the reattachment orientation.

thanks in advance .... shes so hot... I showed my wife!

will you do me a big favor the next time you post some pics... take one of the ball/spring mechanism in the door.. I took mine apart and can't figure out the reattachment orientation.

thanks in advance .... shes so hot... I showed my wife!

Just becuase you showed your wife.:p

DSC03357.jpg

More pics to follow.

Mounted the side exuast fans. I needed to balance the in/out flow of the air.

Outside.
DSC03353.jpg

With door open. Show off the fan controller.
DSC03354.jpg

And inside.
DSC03362.jpg

DSC03360.jpg

I just realized I need to order more heatshrink and sleeving.:eek:

What hardware did you use to mount those radiator grills?

How do you like that shroud and gasket combination?

Sorry missed your post.

I used socket cap bolts to mount the rad/grill.

I'ved used shrouds before and they get rid of the dead spots. Also the gaskets provides an nice seal and helps with any fan vibration.

Wow, that's one of the best looking cases i've seen in a while! I can't wait to see the finished product! Keep it up!

I really like the black and white look--well done and very classy... makes me wonder why the project is called "Devil's Dark Side" :p

Are you going to have the top mounted fans blowing air into the case? That will be a real dust eater. Looks great!

Top will be blowing in. Have dust under control so I'm not worried about it.

Thanks. Still have some more to do but she's almost there.

thats looking like a great case, mate... only thing is, wouldn't you just use positive pressure from the fans to exhaust air out of the case? the fans blowing in will force air out of the case through any vents in the case, so you shouldn't really need the extra noise from the fans on the side panel...

You've definitely made a nice looking case out of that RocketFish we all love. I'm very impressed with your work!

wow.. that white is stunning! Great work! I just hope you keep the cables clean. Merry cables would totally ruin the case

Any updates? I am loving this, giving me ideas on modding mine.

Also I saw you know which side panel to get that fits from Lian Li, I'd like to know so I can get the right windowed one too.

Hope to see updates soon!

Back