Project: Chroblue Update 14 pics. (56k warning)

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
all i have to say is WTF :mad: . I mean give the kid a break, I didnt know this forum was all a bunch of cridicks. Let me see some of your oh so great mods. This guy put up his work here to share ideas and to inspire others ideas. All you people have done is tear into this guy and say well its not orac but it wants to be. WHO GIVES A SHIT IF ITS NOT ORAC, personaly I dont even like the look of orac. You dont fucking bash someones work, if you dont like it DONT POST. Jesus Christ you guys are just a fucking bunch of imature children who wish you had some sort of power over your insignifcant lives. Grow up and dont be such dicks to everyone you see. God this thread has just pissed me off, I have realy started to hate [H] more and more. There is nothing constructive on this forum anymore. Instead of just telling the guy his work looks like shit, why not give him some ideas on how to improve it. Fucking A :mad:

JEEVES

Criticism is given where criticism is deserved. If you can't take the criticism, don't post.
Being honest, no matter how brutal it is, is more respectful than lying to someone.

Take a read at the classic story "The emporer's new clothes."

I understand that we should all be supportive of other people's work, but I've said completely serious things, about wondering where he was going with this and what his plans were.

In a completely non-insulting manner, I am honestly wondering if he planned this out before he started the work and if he understands that his design is probably creating some performance flaws.

When I read this thread I did not see very many constructive post. Just people saying how crapy it looked. I do understand the purpose of being honest, but have so courtisy. What I read was nothing of the sort, and I doubt he will be coming back (with a welcome like that i dont think I would have either). And i repeat what i have said earlier, Show me some of your case mods and then talk about critisism. I wonder if the half of you can do any better than he has right now (better yet I bet half of you have not even attempted a mod, and no a ccfl is not a mod). The way I see this case is as a beginers case, there is still alot of potential in the mod. Instead of discouraging the guy from continuing the mod, how about some ideas on how to better the mod? I see that as constructive criticism, not "your case sucks". Once again, grow up and learn the diffrence between constructive criticism and just plain asshole.

JEEVES

at least he is doing his own modding and not just buyingsome hideous premod. his modding is not my style either, and the quailty does look on the low side, but hey give him a break he is having fun and gaining mod experience.

i think we scared him away for good though, gj guys

jeeves...calm down and take slow deep breaths....if [H] is becoming to offensive then my best advice is leave....as for this mode...it is crap and people will call it crap because it is..end of story....you are corret that not everybody here has done [H] mods but I can assure you that if I was doing that case (exact same layout) I would at least make sure there were no bubbles or creases in the freaking metal tape! that just looks bad

compslckr...no he didn't buy a hideous premod...he is making his own hideous mod (IMO)

While I am in the group of you who have not posted any mods or shown any of my own work, I definitely agree with Jeeves. I found this forum after looking for guidance on some of my own mods, and was instantly hooked. I have not only enjoyed the mods that I have seen, I have learned a great deal from some true craftsmen and women on how to better do some of the things that I would like to do.
That has not happened in this particular case. I thought that the chroblue mod looked no better nor worse than some of the other mods that have been posted here. The person was trying to get some constructive feedback on how to better realize the vision he had for his computer, not receive a flaming tirade from a gaggle of immature children. If you do not like something, say it with class. Please do not let yourselves deevolve into trash. It cheapens the forum and it cheapens you.
Thanks, Jeeves, for trying to bring back a sense of decorum to the landscape that is [H],

Do, or Do Not, there is no Try.

Phenom, Have you tried using a plexi or acylic glue that basically bonds the two pieces together? It looks like you used hot glue but I can't tell for sure.

I have the black version of that case from FrozenCPU and I hate it. I'm replacing it with a Lian-Li PC-61(mod log in sig) because it is such a bitch to hide wires, swap out drives, transport while moving, etc. It also collects dust very easily. You fan filters should eliminate this though. Stock fan filters look like shit IMHO on acrylic cases. Perhaps you can paint yours to match your case. You can get acrylic rods/dowls at some craft stores and they maight be useful in your mod as well.

I have to agree with Jeeves and yoda as far as constructive criticism is concerned. Telling someone their project looks shitty, they would be better off getting the Hello Kitty case, etc. is not consructive criticism. Maybe he saw the Orac 3 and was inspired to do something similar. That isn't "copying" as far as I'm concerned. I have seen some really horrible mods during the past three years I've been around this forum and Phenom's isn't bad in comparison. How is the guy going to learn anything if he is flamed for posting his work? I think I'm the first to offer any sort of real advice about his project. It's no wonder he hasn't responded after 3 pages of posts.

all i have to say is that most of you who have posted are douches...

for all of you who think we have been too hard on this mod....I think things would have been way different if he would have come in BEFORE he got to the 80% mark and said this is what I am wanting to do...asked for some advice and gone from there...but he DIDN'T do that and just came in and said look at what I have done....it reminds me of the tile job my nieghbor did on his own and though looked good (grout lines uneven, tile not level, tile crooked)...scary!

You can do a lot in 20%.... Like move the fans inside the case and reduce the size of those flares to about 1/3 original size. Make them look more like an accent... not the focus of the case. Might want to take the flares off the front entirely. Take a more conservative approach and you'll realize a little can sometimes be a lot more.

gigglebyte said:
for all of you who think we have been too hard on this mod....I think things would have been way different if he would have come in BEFORE he got to the 80% mark and said this is what I am wanting to do...asked for some advice and gone from there...but he DIDN'T do that and just came in and said look at what I have done....it reminds me of the tile job my nieghbor did on his own and though looked good (grout lines uneven, tile not level, tile crooked)...scary!

I agree.

Not everyone has the means to post updates with pics for you people. Mabey he just got a digi camera and has already started the project and is just now being able to create a work log. And who cares where "he came in" this is still a work in progress and there for a worklog. But why does that make a diffrence on how you respond? Since he came in in the middle of the project that means there is no need for constructive criticism and everyone can just make fun of him. Crying out loud wtf is wrong with you people, I say again grow up.

JEEVES

:eek: :confused:

I don't quite understand what it is that I'm looking at. Please, explain your mod.

Hey,

Wow I have been receiving a lot of negative comments on this project on this forums. All the other fourms I have posted at, like Bit-tech and Xoxide, have liked the project. I wanted to create something different the the original computer case with the fans inside. I wanted a space age computer case. Here is a big update so far. I took some outside shots and I started adding the water cooling. I still have a lot of cleaning up to do and working on the wiring.

takerx11-we1.jpg

takerx11-we2.jpg

takerx11-we3.jpg

takerx11-we4.jpg

takerx11-we5.jpg

takerx11-we6.jpg

All the looms and fans will connect to this. I hope this makes everything clean inside the case.
takerx11-as1.jpg

takerx11-as2.jpg

Hard Drive Rack

takerx11-as3.jpg

Water-Cooling on and some fans on. The back fans still need to be connected. I need to buy more molex connectors.
takerx11-as4.jpg

takerx11-as5.jpg

Hard Drive Rack installed
takerx11-as6.jpg

takerx11-as7.jpg

takerx11-as8.jpg

sorry for the blurry pictures, I am still gettting use to the digital camera.

Thats it for now, next will be to finish up the wiring, add another fan to cool the video card and add the power switch.

Thank you for explain alittle what your trying to do! Now it's possible to give some helpful feedback!

If your water cooling then are you going to loss some of those fans? All those fans sort of worry me.

Naa, I dont plan on lossing the fans. I think the extra fan power will help in the long run. The noise factor doesnt bother me, as long as I get performance. Also the water cooling system I am using is aquarius II. As you can see I did some modding on the radiator. I also plan on using a Maze 4 block.

Why do the fans bother you?

They don't really bother me as such it's just that I'm not so sure that you'll need all the extra fans (there was also the noise factor but as you said that doesn't bother you :) ). I'm currently building my own watercooling setup because I don't want to load up on fans to get some good performance when OCing so I guess that were I'm coming from. I'm also going to be getting a Maze 4 (hellova block) while I build my own.

Ya, it sure is a good block. Its also the only good block on the market that can come with 1/4 fittings.

I am glad to see this thread take a more positive turn. :)

Hey Phenom, what are your plans for the lighting? Keep the few blue lights you have there? Or add more?

I agree about the fact some people in this forum just like to blast others negatively. So gigglebyte you say that guy should have come in first and ask about your damn opinion on building his mod.....well I tell ya some guys in here you come in and write and ask for advice...and just get a reply saying well you should have read more about the damn subject since we have seen so many of those posts where people are asking "what do you think of this...." WTF??? any freaking mod is a mod since the freaking damn box does not look the same as when it was purchased!!!! :mad:

Phenom said:
I wanted a space age computer case.

You know, if you had said that in the begining, this thing would have made much more sense. Can't guarantee you wouldn't have had all the flames, but at least you could think half of them would be because people just looked at the pictures and didn't read.

Again, I want to ask what plans you have in mind and if you did any sketches or anything.

Well, I didnt do any sketchs. Its mostly plan as you go. So far my plan is to build a computer that is different then any others. As you can tell I am heading in that direction with the fans outside the case and the fans hanging from a fishing line. I wanted to build a computer that could as preform well. That is why I added all the fans and water cooling. I just want to make a good looking and different clear case. I think wonce I connect all the fans and add the lighting you will get a better picture.

Hardware Plans:
Althon FX 53
ATI x800 PE maybe duel video cards (A privately owned computer service place that I visit is currently working on a duel video card system.) (I am good friends with the owner.)
2 gb of ddr ram
120 hard drive

apparently ur good friends with the dood that owns alianware.... LoL seriously that gave me a good laugh... :D

The only reason you got negative comments is because of your use of silver tape and hot glue. You used waaaayy too much silver tape, and that hot glue is not going to hold very well. Try using cool screws or something to hold the case together, then you would not need the silver tape to hide the glue marks.

Really I have no problems with your case and what your doing. You're going for an original look and I solute you for it. But just remember this. Unless you are an employee of pinafaria or a member of the lotus design team, this thing is not going to give the idea of having an fx-53 in it.

So keep in mind, you can drop 300,000 building your own car or hopping up your civic... but u'll still get burned by the guy with the 300,000 ferrari.

THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN DROPPED BY ME AND I AM STARTING UP A NEW ONE WITH THE EXISTING CASE. I plan on putting up a new project log soon.

What's the new case? Why did you drop it? I think that with alittle tweaking that case could have been pretty cool.

what are those plexi fins on the time bottom and front for, or are they just for looks?

][V][AGIC said:
what are those plexi fins on the time bottom and front for, or are they just for looks?

They were for helping people read.

He wanted a futuristic look. Simply aestetic, non-funtional.

Back