Project: Chroblue Update 14 pics. (56k warning)

Phenom

n00b
Hey,

Sorry for not updating my progress, but I didnt feel like taking a lot of pictures everytime. Here is the progress so far. I am 80% done with the case. I am currently building a new cooling solution for the computer. It's really new and I dont think it has been done yet. Hell I dont even know if it will preform well. Anyway its worth a try. I will show some pictures of it when I get it a patent for it.

I am still not sure on the hardware. Right now im thinking of a Athlon 64 FX53 and maybe duel video cards. I will have $3500 to spend on hardware.

Picture Update Time...

xtakerx25-wb1.jpg

xtakerx25-wb2.jpg

xtakerx25-wb3.jpg

xtakerx25-wb4.jpg

xtakerx25-wb5.jpg

xtakerx25-wb56.jpg

xtakerx25-wb7.jpg

xtakerx25-wb8.jpg

xtakerx25-wb10.jpg

xtakerx25-wb11.jpg

xtakerx25-wb12.jpg

xtakerx25-wb13.jpg

Heres a before picture...
xtakerx25-q1.jpg
[/IMG]
Thats it for now Ill update every few days with pictures.

Is there aluminum tape in that!?Im sorry man, and I usually dont say stuff like this, but buy a new case...or at least take off all that extra stuff you put on it and try another take on it. hideous.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at... care to elaborate a bit more on your "cooling solution?"

with a suspected 80% done on the case thus far I think it's safe to say that it will not be making any drastic changes now.

So with that said, I'll say this: please stop. dismantle everything you've done thus far, and star over.
rolleyes.gif
I don't mean to be rude, but it really doesn't look like a quality job (notice i did not say ugly, or anything else). If I'm not mistaken it looks like the foil tape you put on there even has air pockets and creases where they shouldn't be in a few spots. That's just poor quality in my opinion. The bottom portion also looks scratched to hell.

I really don't mean to be brutal or anything, but a $3500 system deserves a better case than that.
eek.gif

sorry but all I can say is ouch....and if you have $3500 for the project and really want a plexi case go to Tap plastics and have them make one for you....you could design it but let somebody else do it for ya...this case just reminds me of a riced up civic that has gone horibaly wrong!!

lol i was thinking the same thing, its missing the "Type R" Sticker though...

LOL, some funny stuff there. I agree with NickTheNut (but I wonldn't have been so nice about, lol), if thats 80% done then I'd hate to see all 100%.

oh my bad...I do see the wing in the first picture..and ground effects as well....now all we need is the exhaust and the type R sticker

is that a sail boat? or just a boat in general? looks like you are adapting the idea from some kind of boat and taking it to your case, like the fan in the lower back behind those 'fins'

I hate to make rude posts, but I'm sure at one point this was a cool idea in your head... but it should have stayed there. This is definately a form over function case, and the form looks bad, so I'd hate to see how bad the function is.

I don't get what you were going for at all. It's like you bought the case, wanted to add some fans here and there, and then slowly just added more and more plexi thinking is was rad.

Maybe a bit more insight or some sketches of what you had planned on can save this case from being a TOTAL disaster.

i think with all the acrylic and chrome tubing/sleeving he is trying and failing at making a variant of this case

Front800wWMk.jpg

It really does look like ass, I don't see why everyone at bit-tech has a boner over it.

Looks promissing to me.

Wait till the guy finish the project first. :rolleyes:
Most of you have no idea where he is really going with this.

Good job so far Phenom. Keep us posted on the finish project.

every person has there own opinion and in my opinion that think looks like poo. if it isnt looking good at 80% it isnt going to look good at 100% in my opinion.

he is also most likley from the bit-tech forums

spectrumbx said:
Well it'd be nice if he were to tell us? Or maybe you know?

wink.gif

spectrumbx said:
Wait till the guy finish the project first. :rolleyes:

First off, he hasn't told us, so we reserve the right to question where he is going with it..

Secondly, from the look of it, HE doesn't know either.

Adding curved pieces of plexi to a plexi case isn't anything to get worked up about.

I sure hope he has something in mind because it doesn't look like much is going on at this point.

Checking the thread on Bit-Tech shows that he's added some kind of ugly wiring column and is going to WC it.

Doubtful that he'll post anymore updates here, since it looks like most [H]'ers hate it and are generally a brutally honest bunch. :D

spectrumbx said:
blah blah blah....

wait for the darn final result... :rolleyes:
Look, he said it was 80% and it still looks like crap...over at the bit-tech forums he's posted more (since he's scared to do so here) and it still looks like s***. I can put the business end of a shotgun to a case and it would still look better then what he's doing.

Maybe you should tell your friend to post some details like WTF all those fans are suppose to do (gee more fans must mean better airflow... :rolleyes: ) or what's up with the plexi-on-plexi stuff.

The least he could have done was pull the images and say "bye" like someone else did when he posted his Logitech mouse mod that didn't look to hot. In that thread everyone was pretty supportive (even me) yet the guy still acted like a jerk and yanked the pics. Thats the last damn time I'll ever be that nice when it comes to craptacular mods.

waddles said:
Checking the thread on Bit-Tech shows that he's added some kind of ugly wiring column and is going to WC it.

Doubtful that he'll post anymore updates here, since it looks like most [H]'ers hate it and are generally a brutally honest bunch. :D

Yes... the truth does hurt :eek:

on a serious note, i must give the guy some credit for he is being somewhat insainely creative ... but it would be more useful on a hill of snow

spectrumbx said:
blah blah blah....

wait for the darn final result... :rolleyes:
blah blah blah...

this is a project log. if the creator of this wanted us to wait until the final result he wouldn't have posted it here, and he would have waited until it was finished to than post it in the case gallery forum.

i'm sorry, but like I said - poor quality. I read in the bit-tech forum that he's attaching the plexi w/ hot glue?!? come on! at least use the right material for the job. You so much as look at that thing the wrong way and it's likely to fall apart.

/ sigh /

i agree. It;s not exactly the "new hotness," but hey it is his case so if he likes it he likes it.

all i have to say is WTF :mad: . I mean give the kid a break, I didnt know this forum was all a bunch of cridicks. Let me see some of your oh so great mods. This guy put up his work here to share ideas and to inspire others ideas. All you people have done is tear into this guy and say well its not orac but it wants to be. WHO GIVES A SHIT IF ITS NOT ORAC, personaly I dont even like the look of orac. You dont fucking bash someones work, if you dont like it DONT POST. Jesus Christ you guys are just a fucking bunch of imature children who wish you had some sort of power over your insignifcant lives. Grow up and dont be such dicks to everyone you see. God this thread has just pissed me off, I have realy started to hate [H] more and more. There is nothing constructive on this forum anymore. Instead of just telling the guy his work looks like shit, why not give him some ideas on how to improve it. Fucking A :mad:

JEEVES

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
... snip ...
dude, calm down. There were some dumb comments made, but really. Can you even tell what's going on with that case? I can't. So how are we to give constructive comments? Also the person up and vanished, probably even before these comments came out.

I think we should let this thread die.

Oh, and if you're getting sick of [H] that much, you might as well leave now before you pop a vein in your forhead or something. I'm only looking out for you're health :)

have you looked at the bit tech worklog that he has updated. he first said he is working n a new cooling system the hasnt been done. well first of all a aquarius 2 sucks. putting 2 fans on it will not help perforamnce mpre than a degree if that. wow this guy is freaking me out.

u know i havnt heard anything from phenom. where did he go?

People are intitled to there own opinion. When you usually post in this part of the forum (case modding) you show pictures and want to hear there reactions. If he doesnt like the opinions then he can ask an admin or an mod do delete this thread. if im wrong please correct me.

i feel bad for the alledged $3500 worth of hardware that is going to go live in the projects... err i mean his case.

i don't usually like to be rude either. i'm no pro modder myself, but that thing really just is ugly and it doesn't look like he's even attempting to get any sort of decent level of quality even... if that's the way he likes it, well alrighty then, but I can't say I personally like it.

my advice would be for him to plan things out, do some research, and then use the right materials to get the job done well

It Looks like he was making stuff up as he went along. take that 3500 dollars and go buy a car or buy your girlfriend/boyfired:eek: somthing special :p

DRJ1014 said:
It Looks like he was making stuff up as he went along. take that 3500 dollars and go buy a car or buy your girlfriend/boyfired:eek: somthing special :p
Best advice ever! ;)

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&kc=6V412&l=en&oc=DXPS3RS&s=dhs
perfect and look at all the stuff you get.

oopps hold on

ok go to that site and do all this

change operating system to professional
change memory to 2gb ddr2
change video card to to 256 x800xt pci express
first hard drive do148gb raid 0
second do 160gb
CD/DVD burner do Dual Drives: 48x CD-RW Drive + 16x DVD+RW/+R w/ double layer write capable
Change monitor to 20.1 2001fp

and update the price and you should get 3,431 dollars.

now that would be a kick ass system

Back