• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

project: Category 5 Cyclone - C5C

Category 4 - C5C

September 24, 2009

Hardware fit test...


S5001530.jpg


S5001531.jpg


S5001535.jpg


S5001536.jpg


S5001537.jpg


S5001538.jpg


S5001539.jpg


S5001540.jpg


S5001541.jpg


S5001542.jpg


S5001543.jpg


S5001545.jpg


S5001546.jpg


S5001548.jpg


S5001549.jpg


S5001551%20copy.jpg



I have to option to mount 2x 2.5 HDD but don't know which one will be better!
Behind the mobo tray or in behind the fan controller on top the Storm Cage any suggestions are welcome!


S5001552.jpg


S5001553.jpg


S5001554.jpg


S5001555.jpg
 
Category 4 - C5C

September 25, 2009


Here are more pictures of the front...

In this chapter we're going to disassemble the lightning machine to see how we are going to connect that to the PSU and move the controller to the front of the case.

S5001556.jpg


S5001557.jpg


S5001558.jpg


S5001562.jpg


S5001563.jpg


S5001564.jpg


S5001565.jpg


S5001566.jpg
 
Category 4 - C5C

October 08, 2009


The New Storm Controller

S5001645.jpg


S5001646.jpg


S5001648.jpg


S5001649.jpg


S5001651.jpg


S5001652.jpg


S5001655.jpg


S5001658.jpg


3.5 Bay Old Fan Controller vs New 3.5 Bay Fan Controller

S5001659.jpg


S5001660.jpg
 
Category 4 - C5C

October 14, 2009


The Storm Cage ver. 2.0
The first design was nice but it didn't let the air from the 2x 140mm fans go into the cage to create the chaos I was expecting so I decided to cut the front and add something I found at a local 0.99 cent store.

S5001804.jpg


My niece Modding with "Uncle Mas"
S5001805.jpg


S5001806.jpg


S5001807.jpg


S5001808.jpg


S5001809.jpg


S5001810.jpg


S5001811.jpg


Gluing a piece of acrylic to the front face to have more space for water!!!
S5001812.jpg


Casualty of Modding!!!
S5001813.jpg


S5001815.jpg


So is 12:32pm here in NYC so I'll wait for the paint and the glue to dry!!!
 
Category 4 - C5C

October 15, 2009

- Controlling Mother Nature
- Temp Test

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1cUxXPf8dY

Initial Temp 70F (Warm water was used to make this Test)
15 Min (After): 68F
30 Min (After): 67.5F
45 Min (After): 67.1F

Without any special setting or Hardware, just the The Storm Cage, the Pump and the NMC CPU Water Block.

So now I'll explain how the Storm Cage Works...

First it takes the water from the bottom of the Cage and distributes it through the loop... Then it hit the Rain Chamber where the water goes down as drops... then this drops are cool down by the strong winds from the 2x 140mm Fan in the front...

So is like having Mother Nature inside a Computer Case. I can adjust the rain frequency and the wind velocity so I can control the Storm inside the Cage...

Hopefully that make sense to all of you!!!
 
sheeeeeeeeeit dude, thats frikkin sweet.
 
awesome idea! completely original for sure. ive seen systems like that for cooling, but usually 6ft tall and never INSIDE a case. so there wont be any rad right? keep it up, i wanna see how this thing cools!

question: how does the air exit the storm tunnel? it seems if its just straight out the back then its gonna be taking a lot of water with it and making a mess behind your case. also, even if you can keep water drops inside, with this system youre gonna be evaporating a lot out. i hope you have a simple solution for topping off the water level pretty regularly. :)
 
yeah, very nice, very cool idea. thought about doing something similar to this at one point but thought it was going to be too complicated, Kudos to you for being able to do it!! you do great work, and will likely subscribe to any work log you got!
 
sheeeeeeeeeit dude, thats frikkin sweet.

awesome idea! completely original for sure. ive seen systems like that for cooling, but usually 6ft tall and never INSIDE a case. so there wont be any rad right? keep it up, i wanna see how this thing cools!

question: how does the air exit the storm tunnel? it seems if its just straight out the back then its gonna be taking a lot of water with it and making a mess behind your case. also, even if you can keep water drops inside, with this system youre gonna be evaporating a lot out. i hope you have a simple solution for topping off the water level pretty regularly. :)

yeah, very nice, very cool idea. thought about doing something similar to this at one point but thought it was going to be too complicated, Kudos to you for being able to do it!! you do great work, and will likely subscribe to any work log you got!

Sorry for the delay guys but I have been busy with a my other project Codename: 69 and I'm waiting for some sponsorship for this project so I'll update as soon as posible...

The air goes into the Storm Cage from the front and goes out the same way, well I don't know how to explain this but the water has a top level so it doens't go out of the case you can't see it because is inside the cage... I left the system on for about 48 hrs straight and the level was the same all the time maybe if i run it for about a week that could happen.

I'll make a custom Rad for this project... right now am working on the Phase 2 of the Cyprium Project. The Ultimate Radiator... can be seen on my forum in case you are interested.

I think this is something that can be easily done... am taking my time because I want to create the "Perfect Storm". :D

So see you soon guys!
 
Back
Top