Project Cars?

The car doesn't have a distance model since it just came out. So when it is far away it defaults to another model then comes back into focus when it gets closer. The car is in noway finished as it was released 2 days ago. It takes them 3 months or more to get to the point where it is finished. And even then they will add a new feature to the game and break it.

The track just came out for Christmas. Like the car it will take months before they fix the grass and other features the way they want it. If I can find some of my old track videos I will upload some to show the difference when they polish a track.

Last thing I want to say is hope you have a SSD for the game to run off of when it is released. It has a ridiculous amount of textures and every car has different decals. I experimenting with 50+ car A.I. races in the alpha. Hopefully they leave in the option, but optimize it more. So far they have done a great job with listening to feedback so no doubt it will get looked at.

Pretty sure 99% of the people who plan on playing this game have SSDs (myself included). Extremely excited about the game since GT3/GT4. I moved away from console gaming so it's been awhile.

At the end of the day, for a simulator, you want whatever gets you the best ratio of seating distance to screen size with a wheel. Playing racing sims on a TV isn't great unless you can be within 4 or 5 feet of your TV with a wheel. I personally prefer racing on a PC because I already have a computer desk that I can clamp my wheel on, just pull the monitor forward a bit and I'm good to go. Gaming on the TV, I have to pull the whole damned couch over or get a dedicated chair from somewhere else and then get a coffee table or another dedicated table to attach the wheel... too much hassle. PC works best for me.

This +9000

Look what I saw messing around in the career menu... Yes, we already hung the menu designer by his little toe until he changes the color scheme. :)

PS4: Adds SSAO texture size to common constant block. (I guess the console version is going to just as hot as the PC version. )

lwlyGcs.jpg

Last edited:
I hope this fills the void of a legit racing sim for the PC. I could kill myself for actually pre-ordering Grid 2.

so pissed I didn't get this when it was available. Looks like assetto corsa is going to have to give me my racing fix until this comes out. Any updates on whether the devs plan to reopen the packages for this game?

so pissed I didn't get this when it was available. Looks like assetto corsa is going to have to give me my racing fix until this comes out. Any updates on whether the devs plan to reopen the packages for this game?

I seriously doubt they will. I started getting into racing sims just around the time they closed memberships. Missed it by a few weeks. Gave up on hoping for news after a year of following the project. I'll just wait and pick it up at release, if it turns out well. Meanwhile, I'm playing AC which is very promising and helps me forget missing out on pCARS. AC may even turn out better in the long run, but I'll be happy to play both if they both deliver.

I could ask again for the 1,000th time on the private forums, but the reasons given to this point is that they aren't sure how to do it. There are European laws that regulate these types of things that are different from America. They were required to shutdown the crowd funding before because of regulations. That's why you'll couldn't get in after the cutoff date.

Doing the game as Early Access would be awesome, but then they have the old tiered system grandfathered in also. What do you do with the guys that pledged over $1,000 if everyone has access to the same stuff? They are very open about the whole thing though and offer refunds to any founder that asks for it even today. They are very open to communication on the forums and the community there is top notch.

Well back to taking more screenshots of the new Ford Mustang model improvements. It's only in stage 2 of development though so it doesn't have a destructible body. Still really fun to drive though and the interior is starting to come together really well.

Here's another announcement on the official Steam group. Radical has invaded Project Cars!

I seriously doubt they will. I started getting into racing sims just around the time they closed memberships. Missed it by a few weeks. Gave up on hoping for news after a year of following the project. I'll just wait and pick it up at release, if it turns out well. Meanwhile, I'm playing AC which is very promising and helps me forget missing out on pCARS. AC may even turn out better in the long run, but I'll be happy to play both if they both deliver.

Yea AC is lots of fun and has great potential from what has been released so far. I hear the physics in PC is improving though as that seems to be one of the main complaints from people playing it right now.

Yea AC is lots of fun and has great potential from what has been released so far. I hear the physics in PC is improving though as that seems to be one of the main complaints from people playing it right now.

The physics model changes monthly. Nothing is set in stone. It plays very nicely right now with a steering wheel (mine broke). People with wheels are raving over the new force feedback system. Keyboard is supposed to be really good also. I'm using the XBOX pad. What I mean by an ever changing physics model is that we got a new revamped tire model this month based on feedback from professional racers.

The summation of the interview with a few of them was that most PC racers are hard for no other reason than to be hard. Real cars aren't that challenging to drive. What is challenging is to drive on the edge of your car's mechanical abilities without becoming scared and backing off. What kind of nerves do you have? Will you break mentally trying to keep your car on the edge?

I enjoy being involved with this game due to the constant feedback you get from the developers. I love that suggestions can be made on Monday and implemented in Tuesday's build. Probably the best part about the project though is being able to see what really happens behind the scenes in game development.

Bentley joins Project Cars.
• 2003 Bentley Speed 8 LMGTP
• 2013 Bentley Continental GT3

We have a new BMW 1M to mess around with. It doesn't have all of the distance body models added to it yet. Really fun to drive though. ;)

R3E is fun to play with, Assetto is fun to play with, but neither let you race against human beings right now and the AI isnt' too bright.

Might I suggest trying this until Pcars is released, https://cadillaccupracing.com/

The newly released tire model is fantastic, grip you can manage and feel. That promo will give you a free 3 month membership. The rookie series is rough, but you'll leave that series if you can drive well enough to stay clean.

Honestly, outside of league racing, there is nothing like the level of competition available over there.

I'm not disparaging any racing sims, I buy them all to support the genre. But many people who race have never experienced what iRacing has to offer, it's not for everyone's style or budget, but it can be an adrenaline junkie's dream. Especially if you have a competitive streak, with the natural abilities to match. There is driving fast, and there is driving fast, when all the statistics are maintained by a sanctioning body the truth is painfully evident in the form of tenths of seconds.

Can't wait to get my hands on Pcars though. I wish I opted in early.

Audi has invaded Project Cars!

Audi In Project CARS
2012 Audi A1 quattro
2013 Audi R8 V10 Plus
2002 Audi R8 LMP900
2011 Audi R18 TDI LMP1
2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro
2013 Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO

First build came out today with an Audi in it. Guess it's time to drag the G27 out tonight. :)

That's a fan's video. He did a pretty good job with it I must admit. The Nvidia cards perform so much better in this game so far. I hope AMD gets some driver time with the game soon. The rain is almost unplayable on AMD cards at the moment so I switched over to Assetto Corsa for the time being.

Last edited:
That's a fan's video. He did a pretty good job with it I must admit. The Nvidia cards perform so much better in this game so far. I hope AMD gets some driver time with the game soon. The rain is almost unplayable on AMD cards at the moment so I switched over to Assetto Corsa for the time being.

Serious? I was hoping to use multi R9 290s for this game :(

Well the game is sponsored by Nvidia, but they do work with AMD to get things worked out. It's just on a completely different timetable from the Nvidia optimizations. They changed the smoke to make different surfaces have different types and looks to the smoke. Since then the AMD guys lost 2/3 of their frame rate. 100% sure they'll work out the kinks. :) They have the game slated to release for the XBOX One and PS4. Those are AMD machines so it's not like it can't run at a decent frame rate on AMD equipment.

Does this game have car customization? like adding performance parts? or is it strictly driving stock race cars?

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/faq.html

What is the min and recommended spec for the game on PC?

MINIMUM SPEC
CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
GRAPHICS – nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM

RECOMMENDED SPEC
CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
MEMORY – 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM

NB.. Specifications will be updated closer to launch. Online connection required for Multiplayer and Driver Network features.

Limited Edition preorder page is up with links to retailers, but the actual product isn't available yet. Seems that the preorder is going to have 5 "extra" cars for the special package, 3 modified cars, a book, and a steel case. I haven't seen a price for the package or a confirmation from the developers that the LE cars will be purchasable at a later date. I can say that I have been test driving these cars for the past 1 - 2 years depending when they were added to the test builds. Seems odd that they suddenly appear as LE DLC...

:)

As of 8/11/2014 AMD performance in the game is still abysmal. Supposedly some tweaks are coming to raise it by 20%. On the Azure Coast map rocking my R9 290 and FX-9370, if I sit still at the start line with thunderstorm weather enabled I get 33 - 37 fps on the lowest settings. I have the raindrops on my windows disabled to give you an idea how low I have the graphics set. You have a 4770K so I'll spot you an additional 6 fps and raise the bar to 43 fps. If you add 20% more performance to 43 fps that would give you 51 fps. I consider 60fps the minimum that a racing game should dip to and be considered smooth.

Maybe AMD has some secret sauce that they will add specifically for this game to raise the performance level. But since it is already the middle of August, and the game launches in November, I'm not holding my breath. I would suggest that AMD users wait for a [H]ardocp preview before purchasing.

If some magical rainbows farts fix the AMD performance I'll let you know. As it stands today this is an Nvidia only game on the PC platform. The consoles are supposedly running at 60fps already.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll be waiting to pick it up if thats the case. Though I really want to play it.

I kept curling and streching my toes.watching that. Pretty amazing, but I can't help but feel that they added a lot of post processing effects that aren't active during real gameplay. Time will tell.

I kept curling and streching my toes.watching that. Pretty amazing, but I can't help but feel that they added a lot of post processing effects that aren't active during real gameplay. Time will tell.

It's 100% legit.

Thanks for the stream of updates Maru, I haven't had much time to keep in the loop lately.

Back