Project: Blind To Defeat

cheesehazard said:
Also I forgot to mention, I can not get my temps to go over 32 degrees C. I have been turning the voltage up more and more each time I sit at my desk to see what I can max it out at.

Have you been making sure to put a load on the processor after uppping the voltage? Make sure your load (prime95, 3dmark 2001 in a loop, folding, etc) is maxing out your processor usage for at least 15 minutes before making any judgement on the temp it will be at for that voltage setting.

Sorry if I'm mentioning something you're already doing.

cheesehazard said:
ccpuz.php

Almost to 3 ghz. System was running at 35 degrees at full load.

This may sound dumb but how did you get X12? And can you do it to a 3200+?

UnknownSouljer said:
Have you been making sure to put a load on the processor after uppping the voltage? Make sure your load (prime95, 3dmark 2001 in a loop, folding, etc) is maxing out your processor usage for at least 15 minutes before making any judgement on the temp it will be at for that voltage setting.

Sorry if I'm mentioning something you're already doing.
Yeah I ran 3DMark05 2 times in a row after I turned everything up and then I ran stress test. I left it at the same settings overnight and turned down my fan speed and it is still doing fine.

altec said:
I just changed it in my bios. Everytime I sit down at my computer I have been changing the settings in the bios, raising it a little more each time to see where it will fail.

Awesome project brosef! Props to you on finding a 13 dollar rad with good temps!

altec said:

It's 3800, which runs at 2.4 ghz default. That's 200 x12. Your 3200 runs at 2.0 ghz default. So its 200 x10. You cannot raise a chip's multiplier above its default, only lower. Unless its an FX or EE or ES.

It's 3800, which runs at 2.4 ghz default. That's 200 x12. Your 3200 runs at 2.2 ghz default. So its 200 x11. You cannot raise a chip's multiplier above its default, only lower. Unless its an FX or EE or ES.

But i thought all the athlon 64's were locked at x10. I know my chip runs at x10...

Depends what CPU you have.

3000+ is a 9c Multiplier.
3200+ is a 10x Multiplier.
3800+ is a 12x Multiplier.

Borgschulze said:
Depends what CPU you have.

3000+ is a 9c Multiplier.
3200+ is a 10x Multiplier.
3800+ is a 12x Multiplier.

You're right, i fucked that one up. 3200 is 200 x10. The 3500's the one that runs at 200 x11.

altec said:
But i thought all the athlon 64's were locked at x10. I know my chip runs at x10...

All a64's are locked, but not at the same multi. The multi basically determines the model of it. Your chip runs at x10 because all of that particular model are locked into x10.

UnknownSouljer said:
For constant updates, as in having a program always running updating temps... I recommend MBM (aka: Motherboard monitor)
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

For CPU info and general usage I would recommend using CPU-Z. If you want constant information MBM can also provide some of that.
I downloaded mbm but my motherboard is not in the list any idea on how to add it to the list. I updated the list and it still didnt show up.

Also anyone have any idea as to how I can hit 3 ghz ? I think I have my chipped maxed out. If that is the case I am just gonna end up buying a nice dual core opteron or one of the fx 64 chips and see how far I can push them.

Back