Project: Batman Begins (completed!!!)

Awesome QTip... I've been waiting for you to finish this for months... how much to buy it?

Zefram0911 said:
Awesome QTip... I've been waiting for you to finish this for months... how much to buy it?

Not for sale :D The pictures look 1000x better than the case itself. That poor thing got pretty banged up over the last week or so. Even took a dive in the back seat of the wagon (went behind the front seats). I'd bondo and refinish a few dents but I'm tired of painting black. Time for a new project.

I hear ya on the banged up biz.... hurts when your baby takes a dive...

Dude, this is a stellar work and excellent execution from start to finish!

I love looking at the details on this thing... the hard drive cages are magic in my book!

My wife's eyes bugged out of her head when she saw it... kept craining around to see what I was looking at!

Also noted the entry on the "trademark issue" ... and I know the biz you are in conflict with. At least you both do it differently!

Your creation is all alone in the world, and *really* looks great out there on display behind the screen!

What size is that flat panel?

Really, really, awesome work... top to bottom. You know what flaws you may have made, but we dont. So what if the pics look better than the unit? It is a beautiful unit! And I think the pictures are what we will all remember this mod by.

/me salutes you!
:p
-=Tech-Daddy

Thanks TD, the screen is a 40" samsung (with the wording photoshopped out)

That reminds me, the specs are:

3000+ venice
2gb DDR 3200
300GB 16mb HDD (room for 4)
ATI X800XL
16x DVDRW (slotload)

I LOVE that case. Good work, qtip42.

please have my children :p

yeah, it looks like crap.

you should just box it up and send it to me. I'l ummm.. dispose of it.. for you.. umm.. yeah. ;)

I followed this mod silently on and off, but its about time for me to post. Thank you, for your amazing work. This is by far the most impressive mod I have ever seen. You put alot of heart and soul into your work and it shows. Each little detail of that case is amazing. You didn't overlook a thing, I mean, the fucking sticker on the hidden CPU fan for christ's sake. You are amazing and I hope that you keep up with this kind of work in the future. Next time though, quit the slacking and hurry it up. :p

Thanks again for the eye candy. :eek:

--Deadly

It wasn't so much slacking as it was losing motivation to work on it. Too many paint problems. I'm not much for painting black, any other color is fine.

West Linn, Oregon....yay.

Just incredible! I am not a fan of Batman Begins, but this case just takes my breath away! The attention to detail on the insides is also amazing. I am always astonished at artists (this IS art by the way) who can say one day, "Hmm...I think I will create ___ today," and viola! They do it. Even if it takes 1.5 years, they do it. Qtip42, very impressive.

Thx.

I think between [h]/gizmodo/engadget/digg my site will probably crash in a matter a few more hours. Gotta get a hold of the host to allow more bandwidth....

If theres another batman movie they should borrow it and put it in the batcave, it looks amazing!

Congrats

Qtip42.... I am amazed by that.
That is a work of ART.

It took almost as long as the Doom 3 case :p
But it's done now so you can enjoy it.

Okay Time to upgrade it again.
Well next time don't take 1.5 years to build such a great case. :D

HOLY S**T that's absolutely awesome, r3sp3ct man. If I may ask, what was the total cost?

Qtip42 said:
Thx.

I think between [h]/gizmodo/engadget/digg my site will probably crash in a matter a few more hours. Gotta get a hold of the host to allow more bandwidth....
If you ever need bandwidth for any of your pictures, you could host some through my uploader. I get 500gb of bandwidth a month that I barely even use. I don't delete uploads so no worrying about dead links.

By the way, amazing work as always. It is a lot better than what I thought it would be when you just started. Especially with that LCD and speakers :)

I just bumped up my bandwidth for this month to 70gb, hopefuly that'll be enough. I ran through 43GB in the last 2 days. Good thing I did that this morning. Thanks for the offer too.

As far as the cost of the entire thing. I honestly don't know. I've seen projects before that drag out for wayy too long and after a while most people just stop counting. That's basically what happened. I bet if I made another, it'd only take a month or so. Things are always easier the 2nd time around.

Qtip42 said:
A year and a half later......... :D Enjoy folks
Ha at least you finished it, god knows what crimsonsky is up to regarding his doom3 computer!!

Looks hot mate!

I think the doom3 mod was finished a few months back. I definitely learned my lesson on the timeline thing. I've got a max of 1 month on this next case :D

Are you fucking serious? 25k? Holy shit. QTip, go for this one, you can always build another for 25k. :p

Qtip42 said:
I think the doom3 mod was finished a few months back. I definitely learned my lesson on the timeline thing. I've got a max of 1 month on this next case :D
Yeah, don't know about the "official NewEgg page", but CrimsonSky's final pics can be seen here if anyone is interested.

BTW, if you didn't have to deal with all the paint/finish issues, how long do you think this would have taken? Oh, and the shop move, that probably didn't help too much either.

Zefram0911 said:
I'll pay 25000 for it.

lol sold as-is ok

There was a lot that went on during the making of that case. Minus the shop move (also finding a new place), and the paint b/s....it should have taken only 3 months. I could probably get one made now in a month's time. However I'd totally use a tig on it instead of screws.

Qtip42 said:
I was totally hoping people would forget so I could take my time finishing this up but I guess not. The lid is finished and I just shot clear on the shell of the case.
Like that was going to happen :p.

This is an extremely beautiful case man, wow... That setup you have with the TV and speakers is completely stunning. <tips hat>

Great job man :), your hard work, patience, and attention to detail has definitely shown through.

Back