Project: Batman Begins (completed!!!)

ajampaniki said:
How did u get that penstripe on there? Just freehanded it?

Steady hands and tape. I have a friend at least who has that, I shake like crazy. He just comes to the shop whenever I have work. Kinda nice to have.

The red pinstripe is a really nice addition!

This case is starting to really come together... Me Loves it! ;)

yeah the red pinstripe looks awesome, kinda of a retro (t.v 60's) batmoble look! very nice.
can't wait to see the rest!
Awesome

Fantastic Work. I like the elegant simplicity that is completely at home in any home theatre setup.

Xaeon said:
Fantastic Work. I like the elegant simplicity that is completely at home in any home theatre setup.

Thank god because that's what I'm aiming for :D

There's something to chew on, I have other pics but they look awful so I'll have to retake them another time. The HDD cages turned out alright without cutting and buffing. They're a bit too small to buff anyway. Mind the dust on it. The other one had one small part buffed on it but I dont have a picture of it yet.

Oh and the hard drive inside it is temporary. I'm still waiting on a good deal to get 4x 300gb sata drives or something similar.

Edit: I was asked a question on Genmay why the logo was different than the regular old batman logo with a single point at the bottom (rather than the extra points). There's a few variations of the logo, I didn't like the original single point at the bottom so I went with another one I had seen on the net before.

batman45.jpg

Now you can't exactly tell the difference from the pics but this HDD cage had a little buffing done to it. Looks a bit smoother than the other. For the nitpicks and perfectionists like me...notice the pearl spots on the red epoxy that happened because I didn't mix thoroughly!!! :mad:

Edit: I was asked a question on Genmay why the logo (on the yellow one) was different than the regular old batman logo with a single point at the bottom (rather than the extra points). There's a few variations of the logo, I didn't like the original single point at the bottom so I went with another one I had seen on the net before. Looks better IMO but yes it could be considered blasphemy to batman fans.

batman46.jpg

Working on it. Sorry things slowed down as other work picked up. I'll have something in a few days.

Back from the dead. A TV stand I found should be painted this week. A pair of Polk Audio R30's arrived. The LED's in the lid are giving me a hell of a time but oh well. Things are moving at least.

Lets hope this thing is done soon or else I'll go crazy.

Edit: there's also an issue with another modding startup (trademark issues w/ our company names) that I have to deal with if you're wondering why I don't just spend a bunch of money and finish this as quickly as possible).

Looks like you'll be timed perfectly for the sequel! (just kidding, don't kill me :) )!. I really like how this case turned out, and I can't wait to see the end result.

lol I just set aflame a $300 piece of this case. It contained 400 leds, some epoxy, and acrylic. Should've taken pics. I didn't know acrylic burned so well. It took like an hour to go out.

Hinokagutsuchi said:
...Wow. I hope nothing major got damaged.

I did it on purpose. The part was giving me trouble for the last week or so. Not worth the aggrevation so now I'm working on a replacement.

Awesome! You should've made a video or something - nothing like some pyrotechnics to revive interest!

I've been off line for a month and you still have not finished this case yet? gees at this rate I might even finish mine. it just wont be a pretty

Life happens man, I've gotta pay the bills first before I throw away money. This case is fighting me every step of the way. It happens like that sometimes and other times it's easy you know?

Well continue the good work, as you know everyone is looking forward to the final project. :)

I was totally hoping people would forget so I could take my time finishing this up but I guess not. The lid is finished and I just shot clear on the shell of the case.

Did I mention I finally moved into my own room of the shop? Nothing fancy but at least now I can work all hours of the day. The webcam will be up soon too, apparently the old Abit KT7e inside finally took a crap (bulging capacitors) so I had to get a new mobo for the shop computer.

Qtip42 said:
I was totally hoping people would forget so I could take my time finishing this up but I guess not. The lid is finished and I just shot clear on the shell of the case.

Did I mention I finally moved into my own room of the shop? Nothing fancy but at least now I can work all hours of the day. The webcam will be up soon too, apparently the old Abit KT7e inside finally took a crap (bulging capacitors) so I had to get a new mobo for the shop computer.

get someone to lock the thread till you are ready for a big final update. :)

Great themed mod!

Only criticism I have is the rivets/bumps that go all around it... I think smooth would've made it look a bit more sleek (sleeker?)

Thanks man. Btw sorry for the watermark guys. I kept having my old pics jacked so I put a simple one on. I'm a noob at watermarking.

Back