Program to query computer information

cdr_74_premium

[H]ard|Gawd
Sorry if my English sucks, I'm not an native speaker.

I need a program that gathers information from a computer.

CPU-Z can get info from MB, Video, Audio and Processor. And I would be generating images with it.

What I wanted is a very comprehensive hardware scan that gives me a report of a computer's hardware. I need this because I have to plan an upgrade schedule here in my work, having to know which are the ones that need it most.

Thanks!

Something that I have used is a program called Speccy. It gathers information about your system's hardware, including temperature readouts, and then displays them in an easy-to-use interface. I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for, but it serves as a great tool to gather information - both simple and technical - about your hardware.

Speccy can be found by clicking here.

If you just need something quick and dirty with raw results, I'd use a WMI script to connect to each computer and pull the numbers into a database, csv, or even a spreadsheet. You could pick and choose the information you wanted at that point.

Spiceworks or Lansweeper

Spiceworks has a utility, if I'm not mistaken, that queries your systems for "Win 7 readiness."

Speccy is great! Thanks for the recommendation.

If you just need something quick and dirty with raw results, I'd use a WMI script to connect to each computer and pull the numbers into a database, csv, or even a spreadsheet. You could pick and choose the information you wanted at that point.

Do you have some template for something like this?

Speccy requires me to go to each machine, get the info and save it. If I could do it using my workstation by acessing the network, that would be a lot better.

Thanks!

the makers of CPU-Z also make a program called PC Wizard... I thought it was better than speccy

Speccy is great! Thanks for the recommendation.

Do you have some template for something like this?

Speccy requires me to go to each machine, get the info and save it. If I could do it using my workstation by acessing the network, that would be a lot better.

Thanks!

PM me what would like to collect and I'll whip up a script for you.

Back