• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems with controller in NFS: MW

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
2,004
I'm using a PS2 controller with a USB adapter for this game.

The game recognizes the controller in the controller menu and let's me configure all the buttons using the controller.

When I try to actually play the game, the controller does nothing.

Any idea what's wrong here?
 
blackinches says get the xbox 360 controller. blackinches thinks it's a better controller anyway.
 
I wasn't expecting such a useless response.

Especially one written in the third person.
 
I wasn't expecting such a useless response.

Especially one written in the third person.

how can you not be amused by blackinches? cleary you do not have GenMay...

Ill seriously recommend a 360/XBox controller as well. Axis on the triggers allows throttle control rather than on+off works WONDERS in NFS:MW , which is the best NFS. carbon blows
 
What drivers are you using, and are you sure your accepting the controls then backing out into the menu?

I made a PS1 controller (from like 99) through the LPT port and don't have these issues.
 
blackinches might be right, but his advice involves buying a new controller :p
And let's not forget how many games don't see the 360 controller correctly. Because it has 2 analog sticks and 2 analog buttons a good chunk of games can't use one, the other, or both.
 
how can you not be amused by blackinches? cleary you do not have GenMay...

Ill seriously recommend a 360/XBox controller as well. Axis on the triggers allows throttle control rather than on+off works WONDERS in NFS:MW , which is the best NFS. carbon blows

I don't have Genmay :p

I guess that's his thing, which is fine by me.

I would buy a 360 controller but I already have a PS2 one that works fine with most other PC games.
 
Dang..I had the same problem with my XBOX controller that I use with a USB adapter. Same problem in the same game....just...can't remember what I did to fix it. It had something to do with reinstalling the drivers...or creating a new profile in the game...or somethin'...
 
Back
Top