Problems with controller in NFS: MW

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm using a PS2 controller with a USB adapter for this game.

The game recognizes the controller in the controller menu and let's me configure all the buttons using the controller.

When I try to actually play the game, the controller does nothing.

Any idea what's wrong here?

blackinches says get the xbox 360 controller. blackinches thinks it's a better controller anyway.

I wasn't expecting such a useless response.

Especially one written in the third person.

I wasn't expecting such a useless response.

Especially one written in the third person.

how can you not be amused by blackinches? cleary you do not have GenMay...

Ill seriously recommend a 360/XBox controller as well. Axis on the triggers allows throttle control rather than on+off works WONDERS in NFS:MW , which is the best NFS. carbon blows

What drivers are you using, and are you sure your accepting the controls then backing out into the menu?

I made a PS1 controller (from like 99) through the LPT port and don't have these issues.

blackinches might be right, but his advice involves buying a new controller :p
And let's not forget how many games don't see the 360 controller correctly. Because it has 2 analog sticks and 2 analog buttons a good chunk of games can't use one, the other, or both.

how can you not be amused by blackinches? cleary you do not have GenMay...

Ill seriously recommend a 360/XBox controller as well. Axis on the triggers allows throttle control rather than on+off works WONDERS in NFS:MW , which is the best NFS. carbon blows

I don't have Genmay :p

I guess that's his thing, which is fine by me.

I would buy a 360 controller but I already have a PS2 one that works fine with most other PC games.

Dang..I had the same problem with my XBOX controller that I use with a USB adapter. Same problem in the same game....just...can't remember what I did to fix it. It had something to do with reinstalling the drivers...or creating a new profile in the game...or somethin'...

Back