Problems Plague New Microsoft Windows Vista

Other software developers at the Microsoft confab told NewsMax that to really run Vista Ultimate, the version with all the bells and whistles, 2 gigabytes of memory is preferable, not 1 gigabyte as Microsoft states.

"I ran a test version with 1gig and it burned out my hard drive," one Vista tester stated.

In fact, the potential of damaging your computer by trying to load Vista seems much greater than in past Microsoft operating systems.

"We expect to have people buying the [Vista] upgrade and coming back with damaged computers," confessed a manager at Best Buy's 5th Ave store.

That's absurd.

F.U.D. ALERT F.U.D. ALERT!!!

:D

Oh boy, here's another one, and I'll bet in the coming weeks and months it'll just never end. Those people don't get paid unless they've got something to bitch about, yanno.

Damaged computers, huh? That's... well... you figure it out. :)

The article is true!

Just the other day after I installed Windows the neighbourhood's power went out because the damn OS ate up all the power. I even had to call the utilities to install another transformer just for my house!

The article is true!

Just the other day after I installed Windows the neighbourhood's power went out because the damn OS ate up all the power. I even had to call the utilities to install another transformer just for my house!

WOW, n0w y3r, int3rnats wil bE t3h fast3r!!

I think he's mixing up Vista with creating his own Stargate in his basement... :p

Goddammit, I just burned out my ram cause Vista overloaded my harddrive, and BestBuy closes in fifteen minutes... Stoopid Microsoft.. now I can't check my AOL until tomorrow when I can go get a new CPU:mad:

What do I think?

I think it's fucking pathetic, that's what I think.

Try to load Vista Ultimate into the $499 special and you will "destroy" the computer, confessed another Best Buy manager.

I would really like to meet this guy....

I guess I shouldn't have loaded Home Premium on my 2 year old Compaq laptop :eek:

What a load of crap.

"In reality, computers bought as late as December 2006, may not be handle the full version of Vista whose Ultimate Edition weighs in at a hefty $399."

So wait your saying that my PC which I bought parts in December wont run Vista at all?! FYI, runs just great!

What a load of shit.

And how about this:

"Try to load Vista Ultimate into the $499 special and you will "destroy" the computer, confessed another Best Buy manager."

Vista Ultimate rules at 64 bit. No crashes or problems yet since loading. Played tons of games and installed all my old programs and it's solid. I can't believe MS pulled it off.

Thank you to all beta testers that helped us out.

Vista Ultimate rules at 64 bit. No crashes or problems yet since loading. Played tons of games and installed all my old programs and it's solid. I can't believe MS pulled it off.

Thank you to all beta testers that helped us out.
You're welcome, STILL running 5744 with NO problems.

the man who said that is totally wrong. about the computer burning stuff.

LOL, I like how they use quotes from Best Buy employees as resources. ROFLMAO x 10! Best Buy employees for references.

"In reality, computers bought as late as December 2006, may not be handle the full version of Vista whose Ultimate Edition weighs in at a hefty $399."

So wait your saying that my PC which I bought parts in December wont run Vista at all?! FYI, runs just great!

What a load of shit.
This statement has a tiny bit of truth to it, if you consider the $399 Dell specials, or the Walmart box specials, with 512 mbs of ram and some crappy onboard video But for the most part HE"S FULL OF IT!

This statement has a tiny bit of truth to it, if you consider the $399 Dell specials, or the Walmart box specials, with 512 mbs of ram and some crappy onboard video But for the most part HE"S FULL OF IT!

True on the specials part, but he said computer's not a computer. He is stating that every PC bout will have a problem.

That guys a Fuckin' moron.

"Try to load Vista Ultimate into the $499 special and you will "destroy" the computer, confessed another Best Buy manager."

Yikes. Where does Best Buy get these 'managers' ?

Yikes. Where does Best Buy get these 'managers' ?

These are the people they hire and pass over the ones who actually know something. I applied to work there 6 times. Never got a call back. Is it their job to hire idiots in order to milk you for your money? Pretty much. Those who don't know better keep comin back.

i just installed vista and now all my house lights are blinking, the refrigerator just exploaded, and my tuna & mayo sandwich which was sat next to my laptop just burst into flames.

somebody please help me!

on a serious note:

Cause: vista
effect: FUD epidemic
solution: bullet to the brain. (or equally just wait two weeks until something new is out these people can bitch about)

just my 2 pence.

Bestbuy...let me tell you about my local Bestbuy.

My fiances laptop went FUBAR and after 2 months we finally received a replacement. While waiting on the guy to grab the other laptop and have it inspected by Geek Squad (I'm a network admin, i can handle that myself...but they wouldn't let me) i checked out a computer they had Vista running on. A guy walked by me and i asked "is this the final release of Vista or is this one of the release candidates?" he replies "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not sure." i check out his name tag and his name was John and he is a manager. I asked "well you do work in the computers section right?" he says "yeah, i'm one of the managers of the department." I then asked him if he thought my rig could handle Vista ok and he asked if i bought it from Best Buy. I said no, i build all of my rigs and I build rigs on the side for folks out of my home. He tells me that he cannot discuss this info with me because i didn't purchase my computer from Best Buy. I said this is F'ing worthless and walked away pissed off. I then overhear this lady telling a customer that the AMD Turion laptop would outperform a Core 2 Duo desktop that they had there. I then stop her a little later and ask her a few question she couldn't answer and i asked her how familiar with computers she was...her reply "i use one to do my school work."

WTF Best Buy...WTF?!?! sorry for the long post, just thought some of you might enjoy reading my experience.

The article is true!

I know. Its horrible! Why, just the other day I saw Vista shove an old lady down the stairs and take her SS check.

It's funny how that page has most of the scam ads (pheromones, worthless supplements, pyramid scheme, weight loss scams) on just one page. You'd have to be pretty stupid to fall for that kind of stuff, but newsmax must know their readers pretty well!

edit: with all these "problems" being reported maybe i should uninstall Vista until the experts at best buy and newsmax say it's ok.

I know. Its horrible! Why, just the other day I saw Vista shove an old lady down the stairs and take her SS check.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I missed that earlier, but I swear, now I can't stop laughing... ehehehehehe Sorry, that is absolutely brilliant. :D

Best Buy's Geek Squad just never ceases to amaze me.

Best Buy giving advice on anything as a whole just cracks me up.

Back