problem with wireless Server 2008

OldDeadOne

[H]ard|Gawd
I had a 6 month trial of Server 2008 enterprise and had almost no problems setting up my wireless on my Toshiba M15 laptop,now I'm using Server 2008 standard and I'm scratching my head on trying to get the wireless to work(enabled wireless lan service). Is there that much of a difference between Enterprise and Standard to get the wireless going? Past 2 days I've tried different things to get the wireless to pop up. Thing is I definitely don't want to go back to Windows XP home unless I have to. Any suggestions?

Nope. It's not the firewall,I don't have the wireless connection at all(the wired internet connection icon is present)in network connections(should be two one for wired and one for wireless). I'll awake from being brain dead and see what I'm not doing right or be prodded in the right direction lol

maybe it is a service/component you can install, i think i remember reading that it was disabled for security reasons and because most of the time a computer running windows server does not have wireless anyways

I'm not sure what would be else other than the wireless lan service which is disabled by default,one of the first things I did to start,I'll get around my major brain fart.

"I don't have the wireless connection at all(the wired internet connection icon is present)in network connections(should be two one for wired and one for wireless)."

Is the device showing without a problem in Device Manager ?

see if you can enable it in add/remove windows components

- Open Control Panel
- In the left hand pane choose “Classic View”
- Double click “Programs and Features”
- Look in the left hand pane and click on “Turn Windows Features on or off”
- Once the box is “updated” you will be able to Add/Remove Windows Components

Update: I have the wireless option now but after I input key(after doing network name) connecting to the router it freezes,any help there?

Back