problem with android on my hd2

taolin102

n00b
hi guys. i did not like windows on my phone so i flashed a chucky droid rom and then i ran android from my mem card. it was working well for over about 5 months when suddenly im having a problem i dunno what to do about. when my android is booted after a few second i get a message asking me to force close android.process and when i fore close it the message keeps repeating i just cant do anything on my phone. i have been stranded without my contacts for the past 3 days please help me. i have tried all i know. :(:mad:

If you have only had the phone for a year, and you bought it brand new (or received it brand new from ATT/Verizon/ETC with your contract) its still very likely its under the year manufacture warranty. I would contact your provider and see if they offer some soft of RMA process or service.

your contacts are going to be associated with your gmail account, so just look on there.

sounds like something is messed up with your Rom, may need to try a new one.

When I reinstalled android OS on my phone, *MOST* of the contacts and such were saved somehow via the wireless. I even had no problems when I got lost my phone, just logged into android with my gmail account or whatever and there were my same contacts in the phone (but it seemed to be a few month old backup, since the newest numbers were missing? I dont know but I think your contacts might be safe... maybe I can't confirm it for your situation as I ran stock/unrooted.

Should be on your google account like everyone said, that is, IF you kept sync on.

you've been running android off of the MicroSD card. Data corruption is highly probable when running off of these cards with how Android works. Your best bet is to format your Microsd card after backing up everything you can and then putting a fresh build of android on your phone. The newest superram build is way faster than any 5 month old build. And you're actually lucky it took that long to corrupt.

If you're up for it, try one of the NAND builds.

Or like the above said, reformat then get a newer ROM.

If it's an original 16GB microSD card in there, that could be the issue - the original 16GB microSD cards from SanDisk that were included with the HD2 had issues with being "stable" on certain phones. It wasn't a situation where every single HD2 that left the factory had a problem and every single 16GB microSD card had it; the problem is fairly random throughout the entire production run, unfortunately, so there's absolutely no way to say "Yes, that's what's causing this in this situation" or not.

Either way, if it is the original factory 16GB microSD card, you might consider replacing it at some point, preferably the sooner the better, and also trying one of the NAND ROMs that are now out and rather easy to install, and you won't be "stuck" with using Android off the storage card anymore (and could see slightly better performance as well).

As for the contacts, if you only used the phone with Android (never putting in contact info, etc while Windows Mobile is/was running), people already pointed out that they should be synced with the Google account if you have sync on. If not, well, that's gonna be a problem for sure given the issues the OP is stating.

Backups, backups, backups... why people just don't do this is beyond me when it's such a relatively simple operation. ;)

Thanks for the help guys. i think ill try one of the nand builds. and i think that u may be right about the contacts too,wonder weather i can look up my contact using google. thanks guys i really appriciate it:)

next time you put android on and link it to your gmail/google account your contacts will be automatically synced to your phone

you've been running android off of the MicroSD card. Data corruption is highly probable when running off of these cards with how Android works. Your best bet is to format your Microsd card after backing up everything you can and then putting a fresh build of android on your phone. The newest superram build is way faster than any 5 month old build. And you're actually lucky it took that long to corrupt.

what he said and in addition to that scan your SD card for corrupted data and then copy everything off of it and do a low level format. SD cards can only be written to so many times before they start crapping out and those cheap ones don't live long at all.

also the HD2 may function with a class 2 card but do yourself a favor and get a quality class 4 or faster card it will alleviate the "freezing" of the device

yAy thanks all of you i got a good perfectly working nand build of cyanogen mod and im lovin it .:):):):):):D:D:D:):D:):D

Funnyee..:eek: no no no i got it working a year ago but since then i couldn't make time to come back...now i got time so i remembered and thus i thanked all people who helped me :)

Back