PRIZE Stuff!

PoW

Limp Gawd
Hey guys I saw this over at procooling... http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?goto=lastpage&t=10690 and it got me thinking. It seems the gmail giveaway was popular. What about occasional hardware giveaways like they are doing over at procooling. Not to the person who folds the most over a certain amount of time (because we dont all have access to 200 comps=) but instead award it randomly to a folder who has been consistantly active over a week or month.

This would certainly provide a little added incentive (if we dont have a large enough one already) to keep folding

maybe we could convince Kyle to donate some of the hardware they test/review? I don't know how much they have to give back, etc but it'd be cool if they gave away some [H]ardware to folders (those that have been folding for X amount of months/weeks/etc) occasionally........

Keep on Folding!!

yeah kinda like the frankenbot pc they have going on over at ocau..

OSUguy98 said:
maybe we could convince Kyle to donate some of the hardware they test/review? I don't know how much they have to give back, etc but it'd be cool if they gave away some [H]ardware to folders (those that have been folding for X amount of months/weeks/etc) occasionally........
that would def. rock... i could use some brand spanking new hardware to fold on... and i bet i'm not the only one.

Who or what would I have to suck off to get to the top of that list?

CBR said:
Who or what would I have to suck off to get to the top of that list?

The Moose is always around somewhere. Just give him a "hug" and I'm sure you'll be set. ;) :p

Well... I emailed Kyle to ask about possible giveways from review hardware,etc... Looks like we're going to have to find another source for giveway [H]ardware.... :(

Keep on Folding!!

OSUguy98 said:
Well... I emailed Kyle to ask about possible giveways from review hardware,etc... Looks like we're going to have to find another source for giveway [H]ardware.... :(

Keep on Folding!!

No go, eh?

Nope... he said:
Sorry, I don't give away review hardware much anymore as I end up having to
be the person support it. After you try to do something for folks and they
have issues and take up tons of my working hours whining about their
freebies, I just don't do it any more except with our hardgaming site.

Any other ideas out there?

Keep on Folding!!

Maybe... There's gotta be some way to find some hardware to give away,etc....

Keep on Folding!!

AtomicMoose said:
I wonder if relic could talk him into it?

Maybe you should make a trip to the bunker and moose serenade him for a while. I'm sure he'd change his mind then. :p :D

either that or he'd shoot you... it'd probably be legal in texas... self defense and all. no jury in the world (well, maybe in canada or somewhere with an extra-irrational love for moosi) would convict him.

but i guess you could still try...

and anyway, i'd guess that anyone winning a folding competition in the horde would know enough to fix their own stuff and wouldn't need tech support from kyle... but maybe that's just me (and relic, and Bodega, and dr_dirtnap, and RagingSamster, and ... you get my point) but whatever. it's not like it cost anything to ask.

lessee... anyone work at a company that's ditching some older boxen? some dumpster diving might just be in order...

rogue_jedi said:
either that or he'd shoot you... it'd probably be legal in texas... self defense and all. no jury in the world (well, maybe in canada or somewhere with an extra-irrational love for moosi) would convict him.

but i guess you could still try...

and anyway, i'd guess that anyone winning a folding competition in the horde would know enough to fix their own stuff and wouldn't need tech support from kyle... but maybe that's just me (and relic, and Bodega, and dr_dirtnap, and RagingSamster, and ... you get my point) but whatever. it's not like it cost anything to ask.

lessee... anyone work at a company that's ditching some older boxen? some dumpster diving might just be in order...
we should train a dumspter diving brigade. 'nuff said.

OSUguy98 said:
Nope... he said:

blahblahblah bs from kyle

I'm sorry, but I think that's nothing but an attempt to graciously say "no way you're getting my review hardware."

It's easy enough to say, hey here you guys go, but no promises. Most of the people here in the DC forum can handle our own problems without crying to daddy. But if he wants to say no, more power to him.

Huh what?

How bout gift certificates for Moose hugs? wait, that would just encourage the moose, nevermind.

Back