<a href="http://hardocp.com">Sister Site to [H]ard|OCP</a> -
				<!--

<a href="archive/index.php">Archive</a> -
				[b]<!-- - <a href="">Privacy Statement</a> - -->[/b]
				<a href="#top" onclick="self.scrollTo(0, 0); return false;">Top</a>

</strong>
		</div>
	</td>

It's been like that for as long as I can remember. :D IIRC, it only affects it only affects firefox/mozilla browsers. It doesn't show up in konqueror, at least. I assume it has to do with the nesting of the html comments.

jpmkm said:
It's been like that for as long as I can remember. :D IIRC, it only affects it only affects firefox/mozilla browsers. It doesn't show up in konqueror, at least. I assume it has to do with the nesting of the html comments.
That makes no sense.

I can't even find the URL of the privacy statement by scanning the code manually (notice the href=""), which tells me it is not a browser issue, unless of course Kyle has modified vBulletin server side to return broken code for Firefox browsers as judged by useragent.

M11 said:
That makes no sense.

I can't even find the URL of the privacy statement by scanning the code manually (notice the href=""), which tells me it is not a browser issue, unless of course Kyle has modified vBulletin server side to return broken code for Firefox browsers as judged by useragent.
The borked code isn't a browser issue; that's exactly the code that the server sends out. How the browser interprets it and ultimately whether it decides to display the 'Privacy Statement' is indeed a browser issue, though. Apparently some browsers choose to display it and some don't. But they're not sending out borked code based on what browser you are using.

I assume they don't even have a privacy statement, which is why there's no url and why it is supposed to be commented out.

ya, I shouldn't have made those assumptions :p

I assumed a privacy policy would be present, since HardOCP displays one.

</thread>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back