• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Printing Issue with my Epson 600 workforce

McRackin

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
284
I'm out of Cyan ink. All I want to do is print black and white. I've set my settings to only print black and white, but when I try to print something, a stupid "BUY EPSON INK NOW" box appears and it wants me to buy ink before it prints. WHAT THE F....
 
I'm out of Cyan ink. All I want to do is print black and white. I've set my settings to only print black and white, but when I try to print something, a stupid "BUY EPSON INK NOW" box appears and it wants me to buy ink before it prints. WHAT THE F....

All modern printers will not print anything at all unless all of the ink cartridges are installed. This is a safety feature to prevent more serious and permanent damage to the ink mechanism.
 
so, time to throw away my printer and buy a new one because ink will cost around $90 to replace?
 
so, time to throw away my printer and buy a new one because ink will cost around $90 to replace?

Then you would be in the same place you are now in a few months/weeks when that new printer runs out of ink.

That's the way most printer companies make their money now: Offer cheap printers but make it up with costly ink cartridges.
 
I have the same printer, and you can find individual cartridges for the color you need, wouldn't cost more than $15 to fix and get running. I hate when mine does it as well, nothing you can really do unless you go the color laser route and deal with toner instead.
 
Back
Top