Printer for vinyl stickers

My daughter wants to make stickers and likely sell them. Anyone have experience printing on vinyl stickers? Which brands/models have been good for you? Is laser out of the question? Also hopefully one where cartridge replacement isn't draconian.

pretty sure it have to be inkjet and there recommended epson models that will be cheaper for ink.

You didn't ask for company recommendations, but there are quite a few that will print then and die cut them for you. I was impressed with the website of this one https://www.stickermule.com/ Something like that could be an option if she wants to spend more time designing the artwork, and less time dealing with printers and automated cutters.

From what I have used, any decent ink jet printer should do it. I used a random $40 one at a friend's place. From there it's printable vinyl sticker sheets, and what ever way you want to clear coat rattle can or laminate the top.

Ive used diecutstickers.com 4x so far for projects at work, very good, not falling off after 6 yrs, I sent an initial request, they assigned a guy for me to work with directly, made a graphics examples, sent a few emails back and forth, then got a example done.
I had thought of trying to use color printers, but heat/humidity/handling may smudge them?
(these were used to identify machine uses in equipment rooms around campus....hard to tell what a machine is when the fronts are all the same faceplate, I bought these for work, on my own dime, was well worth it)

Back