Prime Day 2023 Deals?

wareyore

HDCOTY 2023
Crucials NVMe's are listed. What are you finding?

Gen 3
1689060802077.png

Gen 4
1689061053670.png

2TB Gen 4 - faster than the P3
1689061111464.png

Attachments

• 1689061449795.png
    1689061449795.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1689061493137.png
    1689061493137.png
    409.2 KB · Views: 0
Thermalright FC140 CPU Air Cooler, 5 Heat Pipes, TL-C12 PRO-G and TL-D14X PWM Fan, Aluminium Heatsink Cover, AGHP Technology, for AMD AM4/AM5/Intel LGA 1150/1151/1155/1156/1200/2011/2066/1700 https://a.co/d/cKDFZuC

$41.52

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I grabbed two of the P3 Gen3 4TBs - doing a softRAID setup on a PCIe card and these will do the job, especially because I'll be speed limited.

I'm buying a lot of RL Quality of LIfe upgrades lol, Yeti Colsters are $15 and Hexclad pots and pans are on sale, including the individual items that don't go on sale frequently.

Last edited:
View attachment 582680
Teamgroup MP34 4TB Gen3 NVME with Phison E12 controller and 3D TLC NAND with SLC DRAM

I think I may pick up one of these up just for storage. Don't need Gen4 for that.
If I remember correctly, the E12 had some growing pains, so I'd make sure you're on the latest firmware if you get this drive. Just note that its write performance is spotty compared to its competition, particularly with larger files. Something to consider as a storage drive.

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/09/30/teamgroup-mp34-512mb-pcie-3-0-nvme-m-2-ssd-review/

2TB Hynix P41 - $108 USD on Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QVD9V7R?th=1&psc=1
And it's $165 CAD on Amazon.ca - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09QVD9V7R?th=1&psc=1

Absolutely smoking deal for what's one of the top-performing Gen 4 m.2 NVMes.

BTW, is there a more correct way to describe an m.2 NVMe without typing all of that out, between writing "2TB m.2" or "2TB NVMe"?
Thanks for the heads up! Snagged three of these for my new build. Getting away from HDDs for games and will use them for movies and backups.

If I remember correctly, the E12 had some growing pains, so I'd make sure you're on the latest firmware if you get this drive. Just note that its write performance is spotty compared to its competition, particularly with larger files. Something to consider as a storage drive.

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/09/30/teamgroup-mp34-512mb-pcie-3-0-nvme-m-2-ssd-review/
Thanks. Actually though, the review on fps review is on a drive with the silicon motion controller, which is a different drive. However, the site I got this link from said the drive was using Phison E12, which appears to be what the originals used. But, more reviews on amazon show that now they are using a realtek brand controller and it appears that when the company answers questions, they will not reveal which controller is being used, but instead just brag about how it meets whatever standard, etc. So, it appears that Teamgroup plays musical chairs with controllers on their drives and you don't know what you're going to get. I think I will pass on this one. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks. Actually though, the review on fps review is on a drive with the silicon motion controller, which is a different drive. However, the site I got this link from said the drive was using Phison E12, which appears to be what the originals used. But, more reviews on amazon show that now they are using a realtek brand controller and it appears that when the company answers questions, they will not reveal which controller is being used, but instead just brag about how it meets whatever standard, etc. So, it appears that Teamgroup plays musical chairs with controllers on their drives and you don't know what you're going to get. I think I will pass on this one. Thanks for the heads up.
A lot of manufacturers seem to be pulling shenanigans with drive controllers in recent years. They think most users will not notice, which is likely correct, but it is a big deal for those who care. The most recent public kerfuffle I recall is with Western Digital Red hard drives.

It seems like the deals are 100% on SSDs.....

How about some GPU deals?...

EDIT: Something doesn't seem right...seems like Amazon JACKED up all the prices on their GPUs, and even with the "deals" it's still more expensive than in the past.

I don't see any deals on 7900XT for $599 or even $699...

Ended up buying some Alpha Lipoic Acid 600mg.

Last edited:
It seems like the deals are 100% on SSDs.....

How about some GPU deals?...

EDIT: Something doesn't seem right...seems like Amazon JACKED up all the prices on their GPUs, and even with the "deals" it's still more expensive than in the past.

I don't see any deals on 7900XT for $599 or even $699...
Yeah, Amazon does that every year (raises prices on some non-Prime day items).

In fairness one could potentially sign up for the Amazon Chase card and get the $200 gift card to use on a GPU though.

check anything against camelcamelcamel, im finding a lot of the items im getting shown had their prices raised last night and now discounted. Still lower than normal price, but not by as much as they are claiming. Usual for this event.

What I am finding is the items I had saved in my cart are upwards of 30% OFF!!!!
Yet somehow the price after that 30% is within pennies of what the prices were when I added them to my cart.

So that means they just increased the price by 30% or more so they could give me a discount of 30% or more so things were priced the exact same as they were 2 weeks ago.

Yep, typical Prime day BS. The 1 thing I was hoping for a deal on was a 48inch LG C2 OLED. They didn't even both to raise the price and then put it on sale like they did with other sizes. Still not sure I want to spend $900 on it. I could possibly fit the 55 but it would be tight. But I don't want to spend more on that either. Here's hoping Xmas will be better.

What I am finding is the items I had saved in my cart are upwards of 30% OFF!!!!
Yet somehow the price after that 30% is within pennies of what the prices were when I added them to my cart.

So that means they just increased the price by 30% or more so they could give me a discount of 30% or more so things were priced the exact same as they were 2 weeks ago.
...isn't that like Business 101?

I think it really depends on what you are looking at. Unlike the last couple years where it was basically all trash items, there is some good stuff at good prices this year. The claimed discount is usually BS, but some of it is still a good discount even when you ignore the puffery.

Update:
No longer getting one of these. Teamgroup plays musical chairs with the controller chip and don't disclose which one they are using at any given time. Thanks to Armenius for the heads up.

I ended up getting another WD SN850X in 4TB for $229.99. To heck with it all!

Ah the ole controller switcheroony....(ie bait & switch in legal terms)....

This is EXACTLY why I stick with WD, seeins how they use their own in-house controllers, at least for their nvme drives anyways...

And yea, I grabbed several of the 4TB 850x's too, for client builds :D

And yea #2...da Zon has been doing the 'jack it up then discount it by the same amount" for the past 2-3 primo days....shame shame on them !

Just got a $10 coupon for a Rugged Ridge cargo liner I've had in my cart for a couple of days. No discount on the Weathertech in my cart tho. I was going to buy one or the other regardless but thought I'd hold off and see what happened during the big sale. Other than that, nothing I've been interested in has been discounted. Most things are cheaper elsewhere.

Yep, typical Prime day BS. The 1 thing I was hoping for a deal on was a 48inch LG C2 OLED. They didn't even both to raise the price and then put it on sale like they did with other sizes. Still not sure I want to spend $900 on it. I could possibly fit the 55 but it would be tight. But I don't want to spend more on that either. Here's hoping Xmas will be better.
The LG OLEDs are the same price everywhere else. Amazon isn't doing any better.

Power color Fighter 6700XT for $299 with free copy of Starfield game.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y91QVG8?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

6800xt for $480

I think AMD is still playing the same game with Nvidia, in that they want to see what Nvidia will do first. The RX 7600 is a trash GPU that even AMD admitted they had to lower the price before release. The 6650 XT performs better while being around $250, much like how the RTX 3060 Ti performs better than the 4060 Ti and it cheaper too. I think it's clear that both AMD and Nvidia don't want to move the bar higher than last gen so that consumers don't gain much value from the current situation. You can buy a 6800 XT for $480 right now on Amazon, so it would be worth it for AMD to further lower prices just to make it official.

I'm still debating maybe going with the A2 or B2. I don't currently have a 4k capable TV, so I'm quite behind the times. I don't have any intention of using it as a monitor or gaming with it either. So either of those would probably still be a big upgrade at lesser cost. I'm also not desperate for a new tv either. Going to think on it for the day, but will still probably wait and see how things are Black Friday/Xmas.

I'm still debating maybe going with the A2 or B2. I don't currently have a 4k capable TV, so I'm quite behind the times. I don't have any intention of using it as a monitor or gaming with it either. So either of those would probably still be a big upgrade at lesser cost. I'm also not desperate for a new tv either. Going to think on it for the day, but will still probably wait and see how things are Black Friday/Xmas.
Just be aware that the a7 processor in the B2 isn't as good at processing the image as the a9 in the C2 and up. That means worse color gradation and brightness, among other things. The A2 is a 60 Hz panel, meaning you'll get judder with any 24 Hz content like movies (60 Hz is 3:2 while 120 Hz is 5:1).

A 7950X, for those who don't want the 3D, for $509.99, plus Starfield, plus one extra percent back in points when using a prime visa card isn't bad.

Get a C2 as long as it's on sale. You lose too much with either an A or a B model.

Amazon was offering 10% back in points for card holders.

Welp... Spent over a grand this year on a slew of things from a countertop ice maker, to a drywall patch kit, 4TB NVMe drives, outdoor security cameras, WiFi-connected smoke detectors...

Bravo, Amazon. You and your Prime Visa card got me again.

Back