Prices of ATI's and Nvidia's high-end cards reach record levels (Toms Hardware)

Sniper_Merc

[H]ard|Gawd
Prices of ATI's and Nvidia's high-end cards reach record levels

Buying one of ATI's and Nvidia's recently announced high end graphic cards of the $500 range can be frustrating: X800 XT's as well as Geforce 6800 Ultra's are virtually impossible to get, and if they are in stock, expect to shell out extra dough for the privilege to own one of the fastest graphics chips. Read More

It explains some of the delays but not this far out, hell were nearly to the fall refresh with both companies still having trouble shipping there spring cards.

its bewildering to me that people would pay up to 900$ for a video card. I dont care how new it is. Unfortunately people do pay these prices. All it accomplishes is for the next gen of cards to be even higher priced. The trends seems to be an extra 100$ for ever generation. So in 5 more years the bottom price will be 1000$ for a video card. Not to mention the fools paying 2000$ for one when they first come out.

pfft

vtoe

I can understand how people are excited about this gen of cards, there hasn't been this much of a qualitative differance between two gens of cards sience the Geforce 3 hit and before that the twin voodoo 2 SLI's.

Having said that, it is rather rediculous that people are spending $50 - $100 or even far higher for them. A lot of us here had gotten them for MSRP and some a for a lot less than that.

The GTS was, I think the Ultra hit on the fall refresh and came in at around $450 to 400.

I remember when the 9700 pro came out. I got hyped about it and preordered it by 2 weeks. By the time I got my card, my local retail store was selling it for $30 less. I felt gipped. And vowed never to get involved in this crazyness again. Once they're available readily. I'll bite.

Sniper_Merc said:
The GTS was, I think the Ultra hit on the fall refresh and came in at around $450 to 400.
*The GF2 GTS was $349 at launch, and the GF2 Ultra was originally launched at $499 but quickly dropped to $399.

pxc said:
*The GF2 GTS was $349 at launch, and the GF2 Ultra was originally launched at $499 but quickly dropped to $399.

Picked up a couple Visionteks when Newegg was blowing them out for $55

Best money spent on a card ever :)

Back