Prices keep rising for the 2900xt !

Leo`

Limp Gawd
From 409-429-439

??? I would think they would lower the prices a bit

That many transistors and a 512bit memory bus doesn't add up to a cheap card to produce.

ATI/AMD is probably already at or near their minimum profit margin

That many transistors and a 512bit memory bus doesn't add up to a cheap card to produce.

I think the reason they are climbing has nothing to do with AMD/ATI, but retailers trying to capitalize on supply and demand. They are starting to run out so they jack the price up a bit.

This is a $300 card selling for $400. When it gets into the $320 range, maybe I'll check it out again.

becouse new egg offered and maybe still offering a razor mouse + halflife some colored box + video card and for that price it is a 300$ card with some extras :)

first, newegg doesnt count. only an idiot would buy from them anymore.

second, what??

second, what??

If the price is like $1-$5 apart and it's a crucial piece of hardware, I usually go buy it at Newegg simply because they have good RMA/Refund policies and I know they'll ship the same day.

second, what??

im sure like a huge majority of us shop newegg...... we are not idiots. and theres nothing wrong with the card. why did ppl buy the nvidia 5 series? no one knows.

I'd like to know that as well...

maybe it has something to do with about 10 major hardware analysis sites recommending the new gpu from ati... i mean maybe. i dont' want to have to list them all over again lol
maybe it has somethin to do with a consumer's ability to be circumspect and not rely solely on 1 review.

The cards still are not sold out anywhere like some folks predicted they would, everyone still has them in stock...........:D

The cards still are not sold out anywhere like some folks predicted they would, everyone still has them in stock...........:D

negative. clubit sold out of their powercolor 2900xt. best deal on the net i've seen too, rats
http://clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A9620006

zzf also sold out of their asus and msi 2900xt's http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10005235

and this was since last night too. dunno about monday when it came out

negative. clubit sold out of their powercolor 2900xt. best deal on the net i've seen too, rats
http://clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A9620006

zzf also sold out of their asus and msi 2900xt's http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10005235

and this was since last night too. dunno about monday when it came out

zzf never had them in stock, I've been checking all the time, The whole time they only had the 3 that are currently listed in stock..........;)

So I guess one site sold out of one brand that was a deal at that time......WOW, I'm not impressed...................:eek:

It's a new type of product launch.

It's not a paper launch..

Nor a soft launch..hard launch..or even delayed launch..

It's an inflation launch. :cool:

im sure like a huge majority of us shop newegg...... we are not idiots. and theres nothing wrong with the card. why did ppl buy the nvidia 5 series? no one knows.

I bought one because of the Doom3 benchmarks out at the time. And because I hated ATi's drivers. In hindsight, not the best decision I ever made...

zzf never had them in stock, I've been checking all the time, The whole time they only had the 3 that are currently listed in stock..........;)

So I guess one site sold out of one brand that was a deal at that time......WOW, I'm not impressed...................:eek:

then again why should it matter. back in the day nsync sold out shows across america. this is some sort of testament to the integrity of their musical stylings?
so one of the two examples i gave according to you was not a negation, while the other was. i don't need to go any further, but i could. you said "The cards still are not sold out anywhere like some folks predicted they would, everyone still has them in stock...........[insert ****-eating grin here]" and i immediately new that was false. that's all. the truth is they have been selling out here and there but i'm not going to grin about that cuz i don't experience some sort of vicarious pride in the success of one capitalist's market venture over the other as i have no affiliation or personal relationship with any of the ceo's, shareholders, or employees of either nvidia or ati. [insert redundant ellipses followed by sarcastic omg face here for unknown reasons]

Maybe AMD/ATI is raising prices to make people think that they're popular and that demand for them is actually high?

since its made on 80nm the die size is smaller than the gts and gtx (same core)

I think its 420mm 2 vs 484mm2

Also remember its using less ram and slower ram then other products out there.

maybe it has something to do with about 10 major hardware analysis sites recommending the new gpu from ati... i mean maybe. i dont' want to have to list them all over again lol
maybe it has somethin to do with a consumer's ability to be circumspect and not rely solely on 1 review.

I haven't made my mind up about the 2900 yet, but I do find it an interesting part, and look forward to seeing the effects of maturing drivers.

I wholeheartedly agree that you shouldn't base an evaluation of a product on one opinion or review, but [H]'s numbers are as valid as the others (even if the rather sensationalist, tabloid style takes getting used to). I don't think it's as bad as [H] would have you believe, but the jury is still out as to whether it's worth my money!

Don't expect much response, though. These forums have more than their share of sycophants, if you haven't already noticed.

As for rising prices....that tells it's own story I guess. You don't raise prices on something you're struggling to sell.

Whats your beef with newegg? I've never had one single problem with them and their prices are usually the lowest... :confused:

Sometimes, when I order from Newegg, I can taste chicken. Don't get that with any of the other etailers.

Why are people buying the card with the 8800gts is faster and cheaper.

even before it came out my 8800gts 640mb was better and faster than the new ATI card:rolleyes:

seriously, i never lost sleep.

Why are people buying the card with the 8800gts is faster and cheaper.
Gee, maybe because the GTS isn't exactly both of those things? :rolleyes:

Besides red's a lucky colour don't-cha-know? Some people just eat up cheesy red plastic with gold flames. Yeah, I don't get that either. But then I don't have have a window in the side of my case or UV-reactive cabling. ;)

Back