Price Drop for i7 Processors?

Cram3601

n00b
I've read that Intel is soon to introduce its i7-980X Gulftown Six-Core 32nm Processors. I'm thinking of upgrading my existing PC by buying an i7-920 or i7-930 processor, appropriate motherboard, etc.

My guess is that there will be a price drop in the price of Intel's i7 processors that are sold separately, but I don't know and it may be impossible to tell.

Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks again.

If you have a Microcenter or Fry's near you $200 is pretty cheap. Hexacore Gulftown is already available. Look for cheaper versions later this year. A 32nm quad core would also be interesting from an OC'ing perspective.

There were no price drops in the latest price list released last week. As mentioned above, look for a sale.

I don't think you'll see a price drop for the I7's for a while since they're still top dog and the Gulftown's not going to have any sub enthusiast processors out for a while. Even then I think the cheapest one will still be like $500+

Intel doesn't seem to be much into price dropping. Hell, their Core 2 procs are still roughly the same price they were over a year ago!

You have 2 [H] accounts? You know that's against the rules right.

Back