• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Price Drop for i7 Processors?

Cram3601

n00b
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
18
I've read that Intel is soon to introduce its i7-980X Gulftown Six-Core 32nm Processors. I'm thinking of upgrading my existing PC by buying an i7-920 or i7-930 processor, appropriate motherboard, etc.

My guess is that there will be a price drop in the price of Intel's i7 processors that are sold separately, but I don't know and it may be impossible to tell.

Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks again.
 
If you have a Microcenter or Fry's near you $200 is pretty cheap. Hexacore Gulftown is already available. Look for cheaper versions later this year. A 32nm quad core would also be interesting from an OC'ing perspective.
 
There were no price drops in the latest price list released last week. As mentioned above, look for a sale.
 
I don't think you'll see a price drop for the I7's for a while since they're still top dog and the Gulftown's not going to have any sub enthusiast processors out for a while. Even then I think the cheapest one will still be like $500+
 
Intel doesn't seem to be much into price dropping. Hell, their Core 2 procs are still roughly the same price they were over a year ago!
 
You have 2 [H] accounts? You know that's against the rules right.
 
Back
Top