Prey demo on 21st

zero002021 said:
*EDIT* What the heck, my file is retarded. The installer wont launch, says it 448MB instead of the 449MB or whatever that it's supposed to be. Bah.

Same thing happened to the download I got from Download.com.

The other one from filefront worked and I am playing the game.
Thank goodness I decided to do dual downloads...

Downloading now at 800Kb\s from Filefront

:D Expect a full report tomorrow.

Man, that demo finished just as I was getting to the heavy fighting... now I have to go buy the darn game... bastards! :D Multiplayer is crazy too... that map with the wallwalkers everywhere reminded me of playing AvP as an alien... crazy, hectic, and very fast paced.

I also have to buy a new video card so my screenshots can look as good as revenant's :(

I remember waiting for this game to come out back in the pre-doom 3 days... it was worth the wait.

Now let's hope duke nukem whenever can live up to that as well :D

LynxFX said:
Pretty sweet demo. This is the first game to ever make me feel nauseous though. Something I'll have to get used to I guess.
it made feel sick too even at the beginning in the bar. looking up than down doesnt feel right. i felt cross-eyed and disoriented after just a couple minutes. the voice acting is really cheesy.

this is a great game, never played anything like it before..I love how the other humans in their underware and they pissed all over them self.

WOW this game is SO DAMN good...

I liked it more then anything else...seriously...the game play is AMAZING...graphics are really nice...very interesting game...cant wait for the whole thing :D :D :D

Good job..really good game

I just got the Demo, I must say I kinda like it, have not played Multiplayer yet, dont think it will be as good on my crappy system, on medium setting at 1280x1024 I was getting 15 to 25fps, whis is borderline playable, I deffinatly need to get a better Video Card, but not just for this game, theres several games out or coming soon that i need more power to play, Even BF2 is making my system sream for mercy ever sense I got this new 19" LCD, I miss my old Sony G400 at least then I could turn down the Resolution and not suffer from poor graphics because I wasn't playing at native reolution.

the best thing about the demo for me, was the teleports, i had seen them all in vids and whatnot, but experiencing them yourself is amazing, its so seamless. I expected a small delay but there was none. The fact that i knew it was coming and it still surprised me makes this game look very good to me. The tech behind this game is nothing short of amazing.

The Prey single-player demo was very good. Just missed that the "flashlight" did not project shadows, but that still is too heavy feature for most of the video cards. The characters did have self-shadowing, but it was not possible to see own shadow or body (expect when using the soul walk).

Sad to say, but the multiplayer mode was boring and bad. Not technically, but deathmatch is too old and used.

I wonder where all the people are that bitched soooo much about the Doom3 engine? ;)

Terra - Carmack makes VERY flexable engines ;)

Terra said:
I wonder where all the people are that bitched soooo much about the Doom3 engine? ;)

Terra - Carmack makes VERY flexable engines ;)

Uh...everyone stopped that after Quake 4
Same thing could be said about "where is everyone saying games based on Source won't happen" while it's still being used more.

Not or ever have hated the D3 engine though. Just sayin.

Eagle156 said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!! :mad: The d/l fucked up with 142mb into the dl :mad:

Sounds like download.com

Their download I had running last night did the same thing to me.
Fileplanet or fileshack or filefront have stable downloads.
High-speed too.

Told you guys this game was phenominal... ;) I played it at E3 for hours .... and to be honest, its just as fun on the freaking 360 as well. :eek:

Detman101 said:
Sounds like download.com

Their download I had running last night did the same thing to me.
Fileplanet or fileshack or filefront have stable downloads.
High-speed too.
Nah I was d/ling from Gamershell. It's a problem with my internet connection and my ISP is fixing it (slowly). I can't even play online games anymore because midway through flying a BH in BF2, WOOOT connection problem, no internet for 1 minute... :mad:

Bah just finished downloading the demo with my Fileplanet account. Wouldn't even install. I got an error saying "Catastrophic Failure" WTF does that mean? :mad:

merlin704 said:
Bah just finished downloading the demo with my Fileplanet account. Wouldn't even install. I got an error saying "Catastrophic Failure" WTF does that mean? :mad:

ATI catalyst driver? :p *L

Terra - Just kidding! ;)

Yeah - they got that wall walking down right.. I actually felt like I was on slow rollerbaldes on a half-pipe.. having done a lot of pipe and bowl blading, they really got the feel of having to add force to keep your head perpendicular to the plane you are on while you are making the curve.. pretty kick ass! the spirit walking is well done.. a nice addition to make solving puzzes more fun. I also like how the doors open/close with percentage depending on how close you are, like an analog lever.. lots of little touches also.. the dialog is actually good.. the music in the bar is classic..

I want more!! heh.. time to heat up the multiplayer tewnight.

Man this demo was tight. It's gotta be the first game to make me nauseous, or at least have a headache. All the extremely groteque stuff going around didn't help me feel any less queasy either. Despite my oncoming nausea from this game, I gotta say that the gameply (graphics too) was simply amazing. All the new stuff like wall walking, spirit walking, and the portals made it really interesting. Those puzzles involving shooting some wall thing that changes your orientation in the room was neat too. I'm definitely gonna buy this game...and some aspirin too. :p

Man i got a real kick out of this demo. Im not a big fan of the Indian thing tho(to much redneck blood in me)

Any one notice that the physics have been slightly imporved since Doom 3 and Quake 4?

lol, bout time some one made a game where you can walk up walls and stuff, multiplayer is hilarious with that combined with spirit walking. Although I'm a little sick now after playing through the entire demo and one multiplayer dm match. I also like how you dont really die in the game, makes for less saving / loading. ;o)

Very impressed with a demo I knew nothing about before hand.

Can you crush an enemy inbetween doors and then have their guts wrapped around the doors like in Duke Nukem 3d?

*Looks at freaked out underwear guy*

"Hey man are you okay?"

*Incoherent babbling*

"Huh, guess not..." :D

Eagle156 said:
Can you crush an enemy inbetween doors and then have their guts wrapped around the doors like in Duke Nukem 3d?
You can crush them, but only after they die... the doors respond to live lifeforms to open.
I killed a creature when it was crossing the doors, and the doors closed on it, which caused the creature to gib.

Woot!

10th next month

man, this demo is just under 500megs, wow, i was expecting it to be alot more, closer to 1gig

makes me think the full install won't be over 4gigs :D

Well I just finished the demo and all I can say is OMFG!! Best demo ever.

Not to mention it plays good on my setup.

[email protected]
2x1gb Kingston HyperX PC4000
ATi 9800 Pro@ 440/800.

1280x1024 with high settings. Gets about 40-50 FPS.:)

meatfestival said:
yeah, I had to stop playing the multiplayer, it was making me dizzy.

Great fun though.

I've played for 3 straight hours, and I felt pretty good!

Havent played much. Just 'played' throught the intro and got into the alien ship. Better than i expected. I was extremely dubious about this game because of all the hype, but i actually enjoyed it so far. Bear in mind i'm only 25 mins in. Thats 25 mins before actually getting into the ship. I like to run around exploring every nook and cranny. Was impressed by how well it ran. A solid 50fps at 1600x1200 4xAA 8xAF on my rig in sig.

So far the only gripe i have is a purely cosmetic one. ALL the models are just one side mirrored onto the other. Noticed it straight away. Onyl a small thing for most, but BIG for others. Probably wont notice in combat but i'll always know its there. Its just me nit-picking.

Cant wait to play the rest, but it'll have to wait till after Big Brother (UK). (off topic) Never watched it except for this series, its not that good, but Nikki floats my boat. Holy crap!!!! what a body. Even her annoying tantrums and whining are becoming a kind of fetish for me. :eek:

Awesome demo, great story too. Love the beginning in the bar, holy crap they had Clutch rockin out!

Back