Pre-Order PNY GeForce 6800 GT $330 @ Buy.com

ggking3 said:
I still am unable to cancel my order with Buy.com nearly a week after I first tried to do so. I've gotten conflicting stories, from "someone will call you back" to, today, "even though the item is not in stock your order can't be cancelled because you didn't cancel it within 30 minutes of ordering it." What a joke, although unfortunately the joke is on me because I'm getting no customer support from Buy.com. This will be the last time I ever order anything from them!

Tell them they can either cancel your order or you will be calling your credit card company to stop payment.

Shadowhwk said:
I was modding my case to add an intake over my video card. Thats why I've been gone so long. For those of you who doubt me here yah go.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/788270/DSCN1188.JPG

Any pics of the receipt and did you get it from discount price are the new price? Also when did you order yours because I damn well orderd mine over two weeks ago and nothing. :mad:

edit-
seems digital beat me to it. :cool:

Order was placed on 7/10. I got the card for 342.48 and I believe I shipped it 2day, It was shiped on the 21st. I never got an e-mail. I check the other day and it hadn't shipped. It says it shipped and is completed now. Oh and I am completely blown away with the performance of this card.

It might be here Monday or Tuesday. Since you shipped it regular. I never got anyword and I checked almost daily and never saw a change until today and since I've got mine. Yours could be on the way.

Where you from Shadowhwk, perhaps a warehouse close to you got a shipment in?

Maybe there is hope. Did anyone else choose 2day or overnight shipping?

...and a pic of the reciept would really put the doubters aside.

Spiff1333 said:
...and a pic of the reciept would really put the doubters aside.

I find it really funny that yall keep asking for a pic of the reciept. Next you'll be asking for a pic of the card next to todays newspaper. The fact of the matter is I got my card, I shared that information with people in this thread to let them know that at least one has shipped. I even posted a picture. I've done my part. If for some reason this is not enough for you well I don't care.

No need to get fiesty but that is the only way to really prove anything on the internet and I'm sure some are skeptical because that was your first post in this thread and there are plenty of jackasses who just like to mess with people.

We have to take his word for it but common sence would be to include a pic of the reciept if your taking a picture of the card for us in this thread being most if not all have not recieved card but him. That would have eased me a little but guess we will just have to wait and see.

Damnit someone call them. I am scared, dont want to get into an argument with some bad attitude rep and they "accidentally" cancel my order. Learnt my lesson. :(

Shadowhwk said:
Order was placed on 7/10. I got the card for 342.48 and I believe I shipped it 2day, It was shiped on the 21st. I never got an e-mail. I check the other day and it hadn't shipped. It says it shipped and is completed now. Oh and I am completely blown away with the performance of this card.

Shadowhwk said:
From San Antonio Tx, and it shipped from ADDISON TX.

So then you would have had to pay tax but that price you quoted doesnt include tax. And what courier did it ship, FedEx, USPS, UPS, I hope fedex because they always deliver to me in the morning.

This is odd, I got off the phone with a CSR and they said that no cards have shipped yet, and that I am deffinatly going to be part of the first wave of shipment. They were not able to tell me when that is though.

I am sure it was just some canned response, I got no information what-so-ever. They even felt it necessary to say "i see you have already emailed us and called us before". I said, "yes I have, is that a problem?". "Oh, not at all sir, I was just checking with my other resources". Yea right. Don't guilt me because of wanting information on a product i ordered 2 and a half weeks ago.

Ugh. I want my card. I'm waiting this one out until August 2nd (when eVGA.com gets their stock in) and then I am going to order one of those quicker than you can say cheezewiz.

no cards have shipped yet? So how Shadowhwk got his. :confused:

Anyway DigitalEmperor what was the number you called?

Spiff1333 said:
So then you would have had to pay tax but that price you quoted doesnt include tax. And what courier did it ship, FedEx, USPS, UPS, I hope fedex because they always deliver to me in the morning.

buy.com uses ingrammicro has a warehouse vendor, so it doesnt matter where its shipped from, just a matter of what company you bought it from.

:( I got the two day also, and I ordered on July 10 at about 12:00 high noon. My order still says sent to warehouse. I have received only one follow up email stating they are are still looking. I havn't heard anything since.

Darius

Well... from the looks of people who already got these video cards it looks like it shipped out monday. Assuming standard shipping was FedEx saver I might be getting my card tomorrow because I calculated shipping time from Miami and Portand Maine, two farthest spots from me and fedex transit time says it should be here tomorrow, assuming it shipped friday, tomorrow whe shall see.....err today.

Buy.com now shows they are in stock. My order still shows "on order" and "sent to warehouse". I know I'm a little cynical, but who thinks they are selling stock for the $450 price prior to shipping the $330 pre-orders.

gobucks said:
Buy.com now shows they are in stock. My order still shows "on order" and "sent to warehouse". I know I'm a little cynical, but who thinks they are selling stock for the $450 price prior to shipping the $330 pre-orders.

I do and felt that way. I was going to even order one at the $400 price to see if it would go through faster. Oh well some are getting it so lets hope for the best. :(

After unsuccessfully trying to cancel my order repeatedly over the last two weeks, my GT card showed up from Buy.com yesterday quite unextectedly. I had originally requested 2nd day shipping. Their site still shows my order as either Sent To Warehouse or Cancellation Requested depending on which page I view.

I was quite annoyed at Buy.com for being unable to cancel my order, but I had the last laugh. I already have a BFG 6800 GT OC so I put my PNY card up for sale on eBay last night. It sold in two hours for $400. Even taking into account my Buy.com shipping costs, the eBay fees and the PayPal fees, I still made about $35 on the deal. So, a happy ending after all. :cool:

:D Mine showed up today. I got the two day shipping option. It still shows On Order on buy.com even though I have it in hand. CC still show no charge. Did I get one for free?!!! :cool:

Darius

I'm still waiting on mine. I'm in the same boat, no emails since the we are still looking email. Got 2 day shipping and my order still shows sent to warehouse/on order, and I've gotten no charge on my cc.

I'm hopeful it will arrive unannounced this week in time for Doom3. I ordered on 7-10 around noon.

<edit>
As soon as I hit post, I got an email from buy.com...

Just a note to let you know that we are still working hard on filling your order.
We have placed an urgent order with our suppliers and are waiting on the product(s) below.
You'll receive an email from us once your item is on its way.

Anyone else get this?

That email is the hugest load of bullshit. I better get my card soon or ........whatever
They clearly have these cards instock. I guess the card for 449.00 is not the same card they cannot find for me. I want my card.

Kurik said:
I'm still waiting on mine. I'm in the same boat, no emails since the we are still looking email. Got 2 day shipping and my order still shows sent to warehouse/on order, and I've gotten no charge on my cc.

I'm hopeful it will arrive unannounced this week in time for Doom3. I ordered on 7-10 around noon.

<edit>
As soon as I hit post, I got an email from buy.com...

Just a note to let you know that we are still working hard on filling your order.
We have placed an urgent order with our suppliers and are waiting on the product(s) below.
You'll receive an email from us once your item is on its way.

Anyone else get this?

just got the same email. we shall see what happens. it's still possible we got our cards shipped on the 23rd and they'll be here friday.

Back