"Pre-clear" in Flexraid/ Snapraid

Elpee

Weaksauce
My server is sitting on Windows OS and I know unRaid has a very useful tool to check/ detect defects of new/ used HDDs. It's Pre-clear.
I'm curious if Flexraid/ SnapRaid also has the same tool or I have to use traditional HD Tune Pro to check my HDDs before I add to them to the array?
Thank you for your help.

I try to check my new drives with the manufacturer's tool when possible. For my setup that means stopping my storage VM (not a big deal for me), booting up a Windows 7 VM with my LSI card passed thru (the storage VM normally uses this card, but they can both be configured to pass it thru as long as only one of the two VMs is on at a time) and running the WD (or whatever) tool since they have a Windows version. Otherwise I'll see if I can use Ultimate Boot CD to boot into the manufacturer's tool. It's all kind of a pain in the ass to do, but I don't add new drives that often anyway, and I feel it's probably the best way to test them, and probably best for warranty purposes (YOUR TOOL, WD, told me your drive is bad.. vs some tool you've never heard of telling me your drive is bad..)

Back