Pr0n photos

gkanakis

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
1,167
Thought I would post a couple photos of my farm.

farm.jpg

Just kidding!!!


Picture002.jpg



Picture005.jpg

Yes that is 8 expansion slots on that baby!!!


Picture004.jpg



Picture003.jpg



All cards are up and for folding for the [H]orde, of coarse!!!
 
I see no racks :(

:p

(looking nice, really :D )
 
omnomnomnomnomnom...

That is all, wish I could ramp up my folding and go 24/7. But the powers that be say Non!
 
What you don't see is the 10,000btu potable air conditioning unit blowing air directly on the cards.
Temps are 69c 59c 45c 58c 70c 64c 62c 50c. :D
 
Wow that's sick. How much power is that 4 GPU (or 8? those all 9800GX2's?) rig using?
 
Wow that's sick. How much power is that 4 GPU (or 8? those all 9800GX2's?) rig using?

I don't know! Ask my kids landlord! Electric included with rent. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I know they throw off alotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt of heat!
 
I don't know! Ask my kids landlord! Electric included with rent. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I know they throw off alotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt of heat!

Oh a very nice situation!

You probably don't even have to turn the heat on during the winter months :p
 
Oh very nice! You probably don't even have to turn the heat on during the winter months
Even with a 4870 and an i7 our lounge is quite snug and warm during Winter. Admittedly, it never went below about 5C, but when it was about 10C outside, and I get home from uni with the computer on and folding for about 5 hours, it's 20 degrees inside. Absolutely awesome.
 
Even with 4 9800GX2s and goodness knows what else?!
I don't think you quite understand just how cold it can get. A few 9800GX2s running at full load wouldn't be anywhere near enough to heat a house during the winter where I live. I imagine it's similar in Alaska, and probably a bit worse depending on how far north he lives.
 
Last edited:
5F yesterday morning and I was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt hoodie.
 
-25 degrees Fahrenheit or -31 degrees Celsius is common from December - Feburary.
Gee. I want to live where you're living...

0 Fahrenheit and above is warm! That's shorts and t-shirt weather.
Yeah. Ok. You can stop bragging now... :D
 
5F yesterday morning and I was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt hoodie.

I applaud you! I've lived in Minnesota and North Dakota all of my life so I somewhat have an understanding of how cold things can get. Tried overclocking my old Athlon64 back in the day and sticking the tower outside to see what the temps were but got all sorts of artifacts because the memory chips were too cold. But it was cool to see a cpu at 3 C on a stock cooler. When I tried to reboot after it crashed the hdd wouldn't spin up so I got scared and brought it inside.

My personal record was in fargo last year with -35 F and 35 mile per hour winds so it ended up being about -80 F with the windchill. If you opened a door and threw boiling water out of a pan it would turn to mist before it hit the ground.

Back on topic, gkanakis your farm is looking pretty nice. Makes a man kinda jealous while still being able to enjoy the view.
 
So these folks running more than two GPUs in the box, how are you working the GPU clients ? Are you setting one up for each GPU and the assigning gpu 0, gpu 1, gpu 2, and gpu 3 flags for each ?
 
Hmmmm, I tried that with no success beyond GPU 1 (GPU 0 and 1 were fine) Perhaps I'll try again.
 
I install one card at a time and reboot after each one is installed to make sure it is configued right.
I just make sure the "Do not use multi-GPU mode" is selected and PhysX GPU acceleration is "Disabled" in the Nvidia control panel and extend the destop after every reboot.
I have 8 work folders in the Application Data folder under Windows XP Pro. Use -GPU0 all the way through - GPU7. A shortcut on the desktop for all 8 GPU's. If you would like a walk through let me know and I'll post one for you.
 
Great man, thanks. I'll give it another shot tomorrow (I have to pull a double shift today and tonight)
 
I have barn envy...

also, how much energy is your quad GX2 system drawing? Just curious
 
Im building one just the same, and zero quoted me at

Rig 2: ~95W CPU, ~180W per GPU, ~100W everything else: ~900W

Rig 2 is such

AMD x3 Phenom / K9A2 Plat
9800 GX2
9800 GX2
9800 GX2
9800 GX2
1000 Watt PSU
2 Gig RAM

estimates were on conservative side, so a bit lower than that will prolly be the number you're looking for
 
Back
Top