From honest reliable sources.
And if you need an extra buck,
Because you are caught in a pinch,
Buying and selling to like minded people,
Can be done in a cinch.
If you are afraid to push the limits,
To leave your hardware charred,
Then this place is not for you,
Mercy is for the weak, OCP is for the [H]ard.

I will tell you that being an admin for a lan party (wichitalan.com), an IT consultant, and a PC repairman on the side, it's nice to have a good place to come indulge in your geekiness(yes I know this isn’t a real word), catch a few good laughs and get true real-world benchmarks without any BS. The articles are great, but [H]ardware roundup is great for those must have system upgrades. And bonus NO POPUPS!
Only think I hate is that you guys get all the new toys to play with and I don't!
Keep up the good work guys! :D

[H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules [H]ardforum rules. That is all.

1) Out of curiosity, I read through the posts of the 5000+ winners and I can't figure out how or why they were selected.
2) It's really at random
3) It doesn't actually matter what you say - No it does not, but we will read every word so we can hopefully make it better. - Kyle

Yay Newegg!!!

[H]ard|OCP is so great. The reviews are always unbiased, detailed, and just plain cool. The news is up-to-date, the staff is great, and the red and black color scheme: delightful!

[H] is a great site, Unbias reviews, Gives us real world performance reviews for video cards. Great tool to help make a purchase. Thanks,

This place has been a daily read for me for the last 10 years. I was originally attracted because of the overclocking articles, and they remain a staple of what this community is all about. I've had many occassions to invite others to join the fray, and they all remain loyal readers to this day. Kyle and the rest of the staff don't take any crap, or pull any punches. It's honest reviewing, and honest feedback. Forum moderators are helpful, and often go above and beyond. I'm proud to proclaim - [H]ard since 1998! I don't think it's many sites that are ranked at almost being worth $1 million USD that you can still get timely responses from the founder of the site, and moreover, have him go to bat for you with a vendor or company that they also do reviews on. If all of Dallas erupted into a nerd rampage, I'd drive down from Albuquerque and camp out in front Kyle's house to defend the HQ bunker!

[H] is the best place for reviews! I always look here first for a review on an item I am thinking of buying. Your new testing procedure on power supplies is AWESOME- I like the "IT PASSES OR IT FAILS" ATTITUDE!

:DKeep up the good reviews and Thanks for all the [H]ard work you guys do for us!!:D

You guys don't kiss up to any manufacturers just for ad dollars! You guys give it to us straight, including the almighty PSU reviews. The news you post is worthy of informative or just plain fun info! Keep it up guys!

I like it straight, deep, and hard. And [H] delivers like the post office. No bull pockey, just straight reviews and honest input. [H] also seems to care about the consumer and keep us in the know when something isn't right. Anyone have a phantom console yet?

You all have been doing a decent job for a long time but I think you've been moving away from the [H] and more towards the Tom's Hardware approach.

You current reviews are still well written but they don't seem to have the personality they did 4 or 5 years ago. Do you remember the 'good ole' articles like "Pentium 4 @ 4.44 GHz?" Or maybe something like the Doom 3 Hardware Guide, and I particularly miss the contributions like UT Benchmarking Utility.

It would be great if [H] could be more kick you in the nuts and less corporate.

Hi, I'm Codester, and I'm a [H]ardoholic.

I'm addicted to [H]ard|OCP because...

1. Brutally honest reviews.
2. Up-to-date news.
3. You smash rediculously inferior hardware with really big hammers.

Thank you for your consideration! I'm in desparate need of some [H]ard loot for my aging computer! :D

I enjoy reading the articles here because of their through performance analysis. I would rather know how high of a detail I can play a game at rather than how badly it plays at too high of a detail level, which is completely pointless.

I also like reading the forums for the people who flame each other based on what brand they like more :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, nearly my entire computer was purchased based on reviews you have written.

[1] Your RSS feed is great, check news regularly, get [H]ot Deals, ect!

[2] Probably the most innovative and useful video card review process I have seen

[3] You brought us RatzPadz.

I keep reading every day, must be doing SOMETHING right.

:cheers:

i got a love/hate relationship that breaks down pretty simply :D

love: no BS.
hate: weak overclocking sections.

Love for the [H] comes from your Performance & IQ articles. These answer questions that I actually ask; about games that I actually play. Also, your news feed is the best. Not only do I get my dose of tech news, but irreverent humor thrown in too. Thanks and keep it up!

Since finding [H] I startup firefox and check the newest tech on the site before I head to work in the morning, and again before I head to bed at night. I even check hardocp before I check out the hockey scores from the night before. Now I'd say that's loyalty seeing as I'm Canadian, and as everyone knows, hockey is another, and the most widely accepted religion in Canada! :)
Anyway, just having one place to catch up on technology several times a day is a real convenience, so thank you guys for for your hard work.

P.S. Kyle, miss your articles in CPU Mag (That's where I heard of HardOCP)

[H] has the best reviews and community; period. They tell you how it is, and give you the best tools to learn and retain new computer-related knowledge. Kyle and staff also look out for their members by providing objective, non-biased information; and sometimes even play the role as middle-man when sponsors have trouble providing customer(s) with support or a quality product.

Not only that, the forums have quality members and filter out any of the bad apples who take away from intelligent and progressive discussions.

[H] member for life!

I love [H] , [well except for Steve's "beer keg" fell on me debacle, if you would have just been drinking FASTER my man that never would have happened.]

Kyle is opinionated, at times harsh, but never puts out what he doens't think is the truth. And when he is wrong he lets Justice or Steve say he was! And does it right on the front page!

All-in-all the [H] ranks in the top tier of all tech sites.

Thank you Kyle and to your great staff for a page that must be read every day.

BodySnatcher

NEDM can help capture my love/hate relationship with [H]. We've got cool guys running a place that proclaim that The Cake is a Lie, but we still find the cake crumbs in your reviews occasionally. Don't let your site and reputation get too big for you, or otherwise you'll find youselves giving every member something similar to 'My Dad is Looking at Your "Post"' above their name over a stupid misunderstanding.

Go back to your roots; expand upon what the site was originally founded over. We love the small changes here and there that you’re making, but sometimes drastic measures must be taken to preserve the olden ways. I’m not saying that new is bad, but I am saying that the old method of thought should still be visible for the older crew. We miss it. I wasn’t a forum member for long, but I did read your site quite a lot while I’ve been getting better and better at this, and I thank YOU for that. Well, you and pineapple soda.

In short, [H] pineapple soda could take over the world. GG ^.^

I have to say that I have a Love/Hate relationship with Hard|OCP. All the reviews that are done by Hard|OCP staff are top notch, what is lacking is a way to compare all the reviews to make buying decisions. I think it would be great to have some charting ability for each reviewed item so users can compare them when making purchases. Example. Show Frame rates apples to apples for each video card tested w/ a standard test, on same system. Allow users to compare charts to help w/ their buying decisions. As usual Hard|Forums are a great place for info also.. Keep up good work.

I love HardOCP because if it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't be very educated about computer-related things. I also love you guys because I have bought a lot of things from other HardForum members and saved myself a lot of money. YOU GUYS OWN! :D

I like the apples to apples video card reviews, I always make sure to check them out.

I dislike that many days the front page is like a 5 hour behind version of Digg.

I dislike that many times drama is being stirred up for the sake of drama, hoping for more hits and links from other pages I assume. It just comes across as unprofessional at times.

The non biased reviews no matter what company makes the product.
Fast replies from members all over the world with an answer to help each other out

The mods on this forum go over the top to help solve problems in the sale section.
I'm amazed with the time the mods put in on here .
Spammers don't last very long.:)

The direct link to Newegg helps me spend cash.
Hot deals helps me save a lot :D

Don't include me in the drawing. I have no use for an AMD cpu, but figured I would join in the criticism. :)

I dislike HardOCP for the following reasons:

1. The front page has 7 banner ads and intellitext ads!

2. When you click on a picture to see the bigger version in HardOCP's news or reviews, you get the picture surrounded by 4 banner ads. Not cool.

3. The red, black, yellow, and white color scheme is just plain bad. Go to kuler.adobe.com and check out their color creation tool.

4. Line graphs in the reviews are terrible. Take the mean FPS/temperature/whatever and put them in a bar graph.

5. The cocky attitudes.

6. Forums are overrun by High School/College kids.

7. There is little to distinguish HardOCP from the hundreds of other tech sites.

I hate the [H] because the testing methods are ridiculous and without merit, both statistically and practically, and because the editorial staff comes across as a crowd of uneducated boors.

I like [H], because of the hotdeals and trading forums, as well as the general knowledge base that the users provide. I also enjoy interesting projects and designs that certain members undertake. It's a nice place to look where you can find courteous people who will provide you with the answer to virtually any conundrum you can place yourself in. Or at least provide advice.

The reviews on the other hand - I'm not a huge fan of. First the ratings - Gold or Silver, with virtually everything getting a gold. I don't like the lack of price justification - sure it might be the "best" available, but if it isn't a good value when compared to the mainstream product, I don't agree it should be as highly rated. Be more aggressive with ratings and comparisons of products.

Lack of testing of lower-end components. Bob's $20 psu? won't find it here. On the other hand, you can find a Corsair psu that costs $150. I don't care if the corsair psu is great quality, I'm not going to spend $150 on a power supply. Thrifty? Cheap? Perhaps. Show me what's good for $50.

Thanks.

The thing that keeps me coming back to [H] are the forums. It has everything that I'm looking for. The technical message boards are great, and unbelievably useful to me. As of late, I've been able to get a lot of information for the laptop that I purchased. On top of that, I absolutely love the [H]ot|DEALS forum. Since I've started visiting the site and forum, I've taken advantage of no less than 50 that have been posted by various users. Sure, there are forums out there that are dedicated to one or the other. But the [H] forums are a one-stop location for these things, making it a lot more convenient for me.

I love [H]ardOCP, it's a great place to get info, news, honest reviews. Congratulations, keep up the good work.:)

I really love the great product reviews on the website. I also can't say enough about the community here. Any time I have a question I can't find an answer to there's always someone willing to help.

I love the [H] because for years I have been taught by thousands of informative posts and extremely knowledgeable people. The reviews are second to none. This is a one stop shop for me. I love the [H] and all that it stands for.

Long live the [H]

* Graphics card reviews
* Game reviews
* Overclocking information
* These Giveaways!!! They allow a father of 3 with a wife who hates computers and gaming, at least, a marginal chance of getting an upgrade someday. As the wife will never let me spend anything to upgrade unless I can convince her of the need or value. Therefore should I win, I would finally be able to convince her to let me upgrade, as a cpu is no good with out the memory and mobo!!! Plus I'd finally be able to play some current crop of games like Bioshock, Crysis and UT3. Otherwise, sadly I won't be able to play these games, until they've been forgotten in the dust pile.(like about 10 years from now) Additionally, having a dual core cpu with that much power, would allow me to have the family computer, doing something usefully, when not in use, like running the [H] folding stuff!!!!!!!!!

I love [H]ardOCP because hardware reviews are tastefully done, not just another website doing hardware reviews running the same battery of tests. I love to read to hardware write ups on new products because they don't just recycle the power point slides that the developers give to them to pimp the product, they do a through writeup on the item at hand.

I love [H]ardForum because it gives me a chance to not only talk to other people about bleeding edge technology, but to talk to the people that run the site and do the reviews, and give them a piece of my mind.

i have been a fan for the last year and half at least...i check the site every few hours to see what news is out...i also read all of the reviews on hardware and games...i think HOCP does a great job of reporting the facts mixed with some user/reviewer opinions which help someone decide on a product...i have used reviews and comments from the forums before making a purchase...i trust HOCP more than any other site...

and i'm an AMD fan...and i could use an upgrade...:)

I love [H]ard for their awesome reviews and quick updates on tech news. Not a fan of the advertising, but that is completely understandable. Also, RatPadz. 'Nuff said.

Why I love you guys
It's the great hardware reviews
I'm now enlightened.

Why I love you guys
Great chances to win cool stuff
There is none better.

Why I hate you guys
Free hardware from Thermalight
That I may not win.

Why I hate you guys
Free hardware from AMD
Goes to a Fan Boy.

Want me to like you?
Give me the free prizes Kyle
Now Grimbo is done.

[H] reviews give you real world expectations of product performance. It's not just an ad brochure or regurgitated PR. I esepcially love the power supply testing methodology. The only thing missing is component power usage stats. [H] forum members are always quick to repond, even to the most obscure questions. I recently had a laptop CPU performance/qusability question, and a member actually underclocked his rig to help me! [H]ot Deals only has the smoking hot deals, so you don't have to scroll through 3 pages of lukewarm. Who has the time for that? Long live [H]!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back