Power Supply Repair

Light1984

Gawd
Just had my Seasonic X1050 crap out. Verified it was the power supply by jumping it without anything connected and it would not turn on. Beyond that, I don't have any experience with PSUs. I bought it in June 2012 so it's out of warranty. Is it worth messing with or should I just chuck it? Got a 600W cheapo Thermaltake at a local store to hold me over until all the new stuff drops later this year for my new build. Thanks in advance.

Its worth having someone check it out. Its a quality unit. If your not familiar with psu repairs i wouldnt try doing it yourself. Even with tons of research it can be dangerous.

Depending on your electronic knowledge, it may be worth a quick once over with a multimeter at least.
If it were me, I would check for blown fuses or anything obvious to main power in or out. I suck at soldering so anything tedious would just end up being a fire hazard.

yea, i may pop it open and have a look with my multimeter. There probably isn't any local shops that could handle it. Maybe I will throw it up for cheap in the FS section and indicate its dead.

yea, i may pop it open and have a look with my multimeter. There probably isn't any local shops that could handle it. Maybe I will throw it up for cheap in the FS section and indicate its dead.

I do PSU repair if you still need someone to look at it. Can't guarantee a fix depending on what's wrong with it, but I've fixed a lot of PSUs in the past.

Back