• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power supply for hd 4850

Not sure how good that Xigmatek power supply is, but a CX430 easily powers a HD4850 and unlocked Athlon II x3. If it's a good power supply, it'll easily handle it.
 
That Xigmatek is not a very good unit. According to this OCC review, ripple was waaay out of spec at max load. Which means that it probably goes out of spec even before that. So unless you already have the PSU, I'd get something else.
 
That Xigmatek is not a very good unit. According to this OCC review, ripple was waaay out of spec at max load. Which means that it probably goes out of spec even before that. So unless you already have the PSU, I'd get something else.

I installed the psu today and without the gpu all is good. Got it for $30. I had an hp sitting around witout a psu so added this one. My thought was to add a cheap gpu and sell it but I will not sell crap so that is why I asked. I have an extra 750tx but that is way overkill. Hmmm??? I could always test it with some games and see how it does or skip the gpu and sell it that way. I do know the psu I added is better then the 250w hp used.
 
I installed the psu today and without the gpu all is good. Got it for $30. I had an hp sitting around witout a psu so added this one. My thought was to add a cheap gpu and sell it but I will not sell crap so that is why I asked. I have an extra 750tx but that is way overkill. Hmmm??? I could always test it with some games and see how it does or skip the gpu and sell it that way. I do know the psu I added is better then the 250w hp used.

Yeah just because it doesn't blow up at first try doesn't mean that PSU is a PSU to use. Do note that PSUs can cause damage over time. There have been cases where a PSU will work fine for 6 weeks and then pop and kill the PC.

So don't pair that HD 4850 with that PSU.
 
Yeah just because it doesn't blow up at first try doesn't mean that PSU is a PSU to use. Do note that PSUs can cause damage over time. There have been cases where a PSU will work fine for 6 weeks and then pop and kill the PC.

So don't pair that HD 4850 with that PSU.

Ok sounds good. I will sell it without a video card.
 
Back
Top