• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power Outage = PC Won't Start?!

AboveBeyond

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
79
I see a light on my mobo but when I press the Power button, all I get is a flash and nothing happens. I can actually see the fans starts to turn but then immediately powers down again.

What do you guys think? A fried mobo or a fried PSU? I'm hoping for the latter for obvious reasons. :eek:
 
Try another PSU if possible
Try another motherboard if possible
 
I notice that my PSU fan doesn't briefly turn on but my case fans do. Maybe a clue that its the PSU perhaps?
 
I tell everyone t always, always use a PSU. Even if it's a cheap one. Just something that stays on long enough to shut down you pc. At the very least a good surge protector. It sounds like a psu.
 
New PSU didn't work. I get the same result, a momentary flash and nothing happens.

I guess this is a sign for me to build a new PC after 5+ years.:eek:
 
Back
Top