• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power Mac G4 Case Mod front I/O?

Ryankirsch13

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Messages
397
So my friend has the Power Mac G4. It is actually a pretty neat case on the inside. He wants me to mod it to fit a custom PC, nothing high end, to play some games on. I can more than likely get this to work well, if I find the right PSU. However, my only problem is integrating some form of I/O front panel that would work to power on the PC with my Gigabyte H61M-S1 Micro ATX board. This is my first ever case mod, and probably a challenging one to start on, but I have faith! Thanks all!
 
Last edited:
I don't see why you couldn't make the existing I/O connections work with the new motherboard as long as you have the patience to separate them individually. You just won't be able to use the connector.
 
That is a good thought, the wires are color coordinated. I will trace the wires and report back what I find. On top of that, does anyone know any good quality SFF PSU's?
 
Looks like I'm waiting for the used department. Total budget for this build is $250 for CPU, PSU, RAM, and a CPU heatsink (Intel stock is perfect). I have everything else. Thank you for your suggestions!
 
Looks like I'm waiting for the used department. Total budget for this build is $250 for CPU, PSU, RAM, and a CPU heatsink (Intel stock is perfect). I have everything else. Thank you for your suggestions!

Now all you need is my 3470 CPU with stock HSF ;).
 
Now all you need is my 3470 CPU with stock HSF ;).

Hey! is that you that I inquired about? It has the HSF? I'll more than likely take it, its a little overkill but a great price and I want it. Just want to make sure I don't get stuck with another computer I can't sell if my friend were to back out on me. Which did just happen, and unfortunately it was family. :/
 
Back
Top