Power Mac G4 Case Mod front I/O?

Ryankirsch13

Limp Gawd
So my friend has the Power Mac G4. It is actually a pretty neat case on the inside. He wants me to mod it to fit a custom PC, nothing high end, to play some games on. I can more than likely get this to work well, if I find the right PSU. However, my only problem is integrating some form of I/O front panel that would work to power on the PC with my Gigabyte H61M-S1 Micro ATX board. This is my first ever case mod, and probably a challenging one to start on, but I have faith! Thanks all!

Last edited:
I don't see why you couldn't make the existing I/O connections work with the new motherboard as long as you have the patience to separate them individually. You just won't be able to use the connector.

That is a good thought, the wires are color coordinated. I will trace the wires and report back what I find. On top of that, does anyone know any good quality SFF PSU's?

Looks like I'm waiting for the used department. Total budget for this build is $250 for CPU, PSU, RAM, and a CPU heatsink (Intel stock is perfect). I have everything else. Thank you for your suggestions!

Looks like I'm waiting for the used department. Total budget for this build is $250 for CPU, PSU, RAM, and a CPU heatsink (Intel stock is perfect). I have everything else. Thank you for your suggestions!

Now all you need is my 3470 CPU with stock HSF ;).

Now all you need is my 3470 CPU with stock HSF ;).

Hey! is that you that I inquired about? It has the HSF? I'll more than likely take it, its a little overkill but a great price and I want it. Just want to make sure I don't get stuck with another computer I can't sell if my friend were to back out on me. Which did just happen, and unfortunately it was family. :/

Back