• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power for 2 gtx 570?

Huskernation

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
436
First of all, why would you be needing another 570? It doesn't make sense to me, but if it does to you, that corsair tx750 is still capable of two 570's.
 
First of all, why would you be needing another 570? It doesn't make sense to me, but if it does to you, that corsair tx750 is still capable of two 570's.

You are on a pc enthusiast forum and asking why someone would "need" to sli cards? I plan to add the second one when prices drop a bit and thought the current psu might be pushing with with my cpu oced to 4.6ghz and 2 570s. I have a pre ocerclocked msi card right now and would be adding another.
 
i am using a corsair gs800watt on gtx 470 sli and i have no problems so you will be fine.
 
TX750 has more than enough power for SLI 570's.

I have SLI 470's pushing a single 1680x1050 monitor :p with a slight chance of running 3 1680x1050 monitors.
 
You are on a pc enthusiast forum and asking why someone would "need" to sli cards? I plan to add the second one when prices drop a bit and thought the current psu might be pushing with with my cpu oced to 4.6ghz and 2 570s. I have a pre ocerclocked msi card right now and would be adding another.

People here in the "Enthusiast" forum use dual cards when they have triple display or running at very high resolution. Enthusiast doesn't necessarily mean being impractical.
 
yeah, I'm planning NVSurround with my GTX570 cards, otherwise, I would of stuck with just one. Though I have been hearing a lot about 2560x1440 U2711... ugh, though that would leave me memory limited in some of the games I play... which makes me wonder why I didn't go HD6900... right, the boxy cooler design. Drat~! why is this so hard!?
 
People here in the "Enthusiast" forum use dual cards when they have triple display or running at very high resolution. Enthusiast doesn't necessarily mean being impractical.

tons of people on here running dual cards without triple or 30" displays
 
I have one right now in a pc with a oced 2500k 2 hdds, 2 cd drives and 6 case fans. I am currently running this setup on a corsair 750w. I will be adding a second 570 and wondering if my current power supply is enough for this? If not I saw this one Newegg and it looks like a good deal right now.

current psu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

one I am looking at if needed

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703022

that psu is fine. Are you planning to add more monitors or are you planning to increase your native?
 
Well, the article in the first post contains power measurements taken from the wall, and the 870W number is also the power consumption when the GPUs are overclocked. For the PSU the reviewer was using, we can assume an efficiency of around 80-82%, which means that the actual power consumption of that system was about 715W at worst. As long as you don't go crazy with the overclocking, you'll be fine with your TX750.
 
Well, the article in the first post contains power measurements taken from the wall, and the 870W number is also the power consumption when the GPUs are overclocked. For the PSU the reviewer was using, we can assume an efficiency of around 80-82%, which means that the actual power consumption of that system was about 715W at worst. As long as you don't go crazy with the overclocking, you'll be fine with your TX750.

The card I have is already pre overclocked so in sli I would be ok with leaving the cards where they are. I wont push the cpu to anything crazy but want to keep the 2500k at 4.6ghz.
 
First of all, why would you be needing another 570? It doesn't make sense to me, but if it does to you, that corsair tx750 is still capable of two 570's.

Run Metro2033 maxed with everything on including MSAA? Some people just enjoy settings with great FPS :rolleyes:

At OP, the 750 should be alright. But honestly I would just get one of the new Corsair AX or a Seasonic X series PSU. The 850 variant of the AX or X series were able to to do 82% efficiency @ 1000 watts. They are much better than most power supplies since their parts are great, they are more expensive also though. That would allow you to overclock more.
 
Run Metro2033 maxed with everything on including MSAA? Some people just enjoy settings with great FPS :rolleyes:

At OP, the 750 should be alright. But honestly I would just get one of the new Corsair AX or a Seasonic X series PSU. The 850 variant of the AX or X series were able to to do 82% efficiency @ 1000 watts. They are much better than most power supplies since their parts are great, they are more expensive also though. That would allow you to overclock more.

I was looking at those just today. I think when I add the second card I will likely grab one of those as well. I would like a little breathing room so even iif not needed I think I will get an ax 850. My current psu is about 2.5 years old I think so I don't want to risk it.
 
You also get full modularity so that's a plus.

Oh if you want to ever use 3 GPUs I think the AX only has enough connectors for regular SLI. The seasonic has more PCI E connectors, I am not sure on this though.
 
Back
Top