Post your X2 4200 Overclocks

buginajar

n00b
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
16
I am thinking about overclocking my x2 4200.

What is yoru 4200 oc'd to? What temp increases have you noticed? Benchmark scores....

'Seat-of-the-pants' improvements?
 
I'm highly considering buying one of these and I'd love to see what kind of OC's people are successfully running.
 
Yeah I know! I wonder if it makes a significant difference. I searched and read articles on Anandtech and they do not specify.
 
If you're buying an X2, look at the Dual Core opterons. Same steppings as the 4400+ and 4800+ with the 2x1mb cache, but are clocked lower and are a lot cheaper ($200 cheaper for the 1.8Ghz 165). They also overclock very well on stock voltage to get up to the 4400+ or 4800+ speeds with the extra cache unlike the 3800+, 4200+, or 4600+. I actually swapped my 3800+ for a 165 and it works great (the 3800+ worked great too, but I have the extra cache now :) ).
 
Let's say I swapped in a Opteron 2GHz and compared it to my Toledo 3800+ 2GHz, would there actually be a difference where I would tell myself "Damn!"

:confused:

Currently running my 3800+ @ 2.5GHz
 
The opterons seem to clock higher on stock voltage. I put mine in and went right to 2.6Ghz with 1.4V. To me it was worth it because I picked up the extra cache and an extra 100mhz (I was running 2.5Ghz on my 3800+) for the same price if not a little cheaper than the X2. I basically broke even in selling my X2.
 
have you checked the stickies lately? there's a nice a64 oc'ing database with a few X2's in it ;)

though, oc'ing a dual core seems to be very very dependant on your luck
 
Back
Top