Post Your Workstations 2015

The 27" Ultrasharp is one display I was looking at but the price was more than I wanted to spend. I'm happy to report that two of my 27" displays have no dead/stuck pixels (one has a pixel that looks like it may be dead/stuck). I'm going to double check the other displays. Seeing that I do not have a main PC to connect them to, I tested each one on my 2013 13" Macbook Air.

Nice! I'd definitely wait until the 4k displays become more of the norm, then those prices will drop a good chunk. But that's just wishful thinking :eek:

What stands are those your speakers are sitting on? Or is that part of the speakers themselves?

Looks like they're on Auralex foam pads.

no, they don't.. it's on my sig, 'custom isolation' i've got an uncle that works in the recording studio arquitecture business and those i have are only foam, molded to the shape i like and period.. xD

auralex make very nice pads but i'm very confly with my diy shit hehe..

regards

no, they don't.. it's on my sig, 'custom isolation' i've got an uncle that works in the recording studio arquitecture business and those i have are only foam, molded to the shape i like and period.. xD

auralex make very nice pads but i'm very confly with my diy shit hehe..

regards
"Custom isolation" pads made of the same foam found in Auralex or in bulk on eBay. :p

ksatatll_5.jpg

kff3_1020_1.jpg

My setup for 2015, Not much has changed, but I still like it.

Last edited:
@aerial: awesome setup!

that shoe string is saving lives btw.

Logitech Arx iPad app which is sent through my Logitech G910 keyboard. Works really well. I was surprised.

The latest version of my workstation:

Next step is to get 3 matching monitors and a nice LED TV to mount above it all.

I'm moving in 3 weeks so I wanted to document my workstation as-is. For your benefit too :)

7sgTgDDl.jpg

UTZfFaql.jpg

Some of you guys should consider getting mousepads. It really makes a difference.

Just took a wide shot of my workstation with the larger monitor,
cubicle-lg34.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My setup for now. Just redoing some of it, got a thin client in the mail for a project but here it is now. I need to do something about those cables..........

20150322_121609405_iOS.jpg

And when I'm iRacing

20150322_120914235_iOS.jpg

Heres where all the magic happens, the wood part of the Ikea desk is spun around because the plastic trim fell off leaving a nasty edge that cut into my arms

66BbZi2.jpg

OCXZBK3.jpg

9KIRbsz.jpg

MhoLJXa.jpg

Specs of computer

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
16 GB Gskill 1600, probably way more than enough but im a browser tab whore
2x 2tb Seagate ST2000DM001
Crucial M4 256gb SSD
GTX 780 Lightning
Noctua NH-D14
Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
Seasonic X750 Gold
Dell U2713HM

Random Sata power cable is laying out for when i have to use a dvd drive

I slowly upgrade over time, rarely ever start with all new parts.

Last edited:
Heres where all the magic happens, the wood part of the Ikea desk is spun around because the plastic trim fell off leaving a nasty edge that cut into my arms

http://i.imgur.com/66BbZi2.jpg?2

OCXZBK3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9KIRbsz.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/MhoLJXa.jpg?1

Specs of computer

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
16 GB Gskill 1600, probably way more than enough but im a browser tab whore
2x 2tb Seagate ST2000DM001
Crucial M4 256gb SSD
GTX 780 Lightning
Noctua NH-D14
Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
Seasonic X750 Gold
Dell U2713HM

Random Sata power cable is laying out for when i have to use a dvd drive

I slowly upgrade over time, rarely ever start with all new parts.

What size monitor is that on your desk? Looks like a nice setup.

What size monitor is that on your desk? Looks like a nice setup.

Judging by the size of that 140mm fan on the shelf, I'd say about 24" diagonal.
Edit: darn, close. The Dell U2713HM is 27"...but that should be the width, so my scale must be off. Yep, used 1":140mm when I should have used 7/8":140mm. With that, it comes out to 27.5". XD
Still, weird that I get that for the diagonal width when that should be the horizontal width...

Last edited:
Edit: darn, close. The Dell U2713HM is 27"...but that should be the width, so my scale must be off. Yep, used 1":140mm when I should have used 7/8":140mm. With that, it comes out to 27.5". XD
Still, weird that I get that for the diagonal width when that should be the horizontal width...

Monitors are measured on the diagonal. The horizontal width of a U2713HM is 25.17"

Monitors are measured on the diagonal. The horizontal width of a U2713HM is 25.17"

Derp I missed that he called out the U2713HM. I know that monitor well. Thanks guys.

I want that drawing of the E30........

///M 4life

Just google e30 m3 line art. Should find some that you like better.

^^ This. I could never afford an E30 M3, but I did run an E30 318iS for 4 years, the so-called M3 Jr. - man that car was a lot of fun!

I would never say never, its not terribly expensive quite yet. between 15-28k the problem is not being able to never afford it, to being actually able to find one. People are keeping them more now. I had 89 325is for about a year and do miss it though it was a rust bucket. I plan on finding one next year, There are a plethora of 3 series e30s in Florida for some reason lol, so I will have to do a bit of traveling but it will be worth it.

I just today finished this work station up today. I was waiting on a stainless top insert for the hutch to arrive. I don't do any gaming on it. Its primary use is writing estimates and managing tickets for a European Automotive Shop, other than housing all my tools. I used a Corsair 250D painted to match the toolbox with a Asus P8Z77-I. Combined a nVidia 650Ti, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 2133, Kingston 240GB SSD, Corsair 430W. Monitors are 3 old Dell 19" 1908FP's. Definitely works as I intended.The Box itself is much larger in person. The worktop is 50in off the ground. It Stands 6' Tall, 7' 2" long and 28" deep. Beast.

MN Wild and Grain Belt. I like your style! :cool:

Minnesota Rules, also supporting a Minnesotan beer brand makes the beer taste even better.

Derp I missed that he called out the U2713HM. I know that monitor well. Thanks guys.

Yes indeed a U2713HM, Not the best monitor, backlight "balance" and corner bleed isnt spot on, no dead pixels though and thats more important to me.

Back