Post Your Workstations 2014

Same hardware for the most part except a couple minor changes, different desk

Specs in sig

210c235.jpg

The role would be about the same as anyone else who posts here. Gaming, working, media, etc. If you're wondering why 2 next to each other... One was kind of built for my gf to use for WoW and league... Guests use it as well. Its actually not used often and my gf rarely plays now.

I've always enjoyed building rigs as a hobby and tweaking them and whatnot as well as having "cool" setups. I have a few other PCs I built laying around but these 2 are the Ines with all new / up-to-date hardware.

Thanks for the info! I always used to try to get one computer to do everything, but I've found that that just doesn't cut it sometimes, especially security-wise. Thanks again.

Oh sh*t. You still got the old school SNES. I was like oh snaps, I have fond memories of that console. Nice setup. What case is that by the way?
Yep! Still got the SNES.

Case is a Lian-Li v1000B, been discontinued for quite a long time.

Yep! Still got the SNES.

Case is a Lian-Li v1000B, been discontinued for quite a long time.

I still basically play SNES via emulators. The PS3 controller comes quite handy to bring back those old nostalgic days.
I was able to see the Lian Li PC-V1100 on ebay, which I assume would be quite similar to yours, it even has the wheels :cool:.

Thanks for the info! I always used to try to get one computer to do everything, but I've found that that just doesn't cut it sometimes, especially security-wise. Thanks again.

Haha nice job at basically hitting the nail right on the head with security and whatnot...I pretty much didn't want my GF using my computer because im a sick mother fucker

You need many computers! At least 5!

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I thought I'd post my 'actual' workstation where I 'actually' work. If I get my butt into gear I'll clean up my play-workstation and upload pics of that later, but it's a bit of a WiP.

These pictures are of my fairly large office that I sometimes share with a co-worker, but he usually works from home some the space is essentially mine with the exception of his empty desk in the corner. After near enough to 2 years of fiddling I think I've finally found a setup that actually works for me instead of against me. By moving my laptop dock off the desk itself I've been able to push my monitor back and even had space to make use of a second monitor (poached from a sacked colleague). Like many of you I now can't imagine working without 2 monitors. I think I'm pretty happy with the setup having worked with it for a few days, but would love any ideas you guys have to improve it!

Images taken with my personal phone, a Nokia 1020 (awesome piece of kit IMO).

14086196826_a54757f202_c.jpg

14086195326_85e2c3be49_c.jpg

13922711928_ab02e2d03e_c.jpg

Really nice setup you have going there.If I may ask what kind of keyboard is it that you have there.

Thanks! It is a KMAC Mini.

2nd'd on that organization. I really like the pc up and out of the way on that ledge below the desk. Nice and clean! (Star Wars stuff is nice too... :D )

Thank you! Those are actually two battery backups. I have my Gaming/work rig in a FT03 on the desk behind the right most monitor, and my file server in a Lian-Li case beside it. I still need to take some pics of the FT03 setup.

My Workstation model for electronics architecture.

AMD FX 6300
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost
HD 250 GB

Same yet one thing missing.

photo31gk9m.jpg

....Chairs are for plebs.

Edit: ...and Asuka.

Last edited:
Finally got around to making the new cpu desk. Ended up getting me a section, the wife a section for her school work, and the left is her 'craft' area. I really don't care for it there, but I'm not going to complain cause I finally was able to upgrade my office area. :) I put the desk together last night, but the cabinets were a pain in the butt! i started about 9am this morning and finished a little before 10pm. Luckily I had my wife to help me install the cabinets on the wall. I hope to never do anything like this again, LOL!

Gt6R3ZB.jpg

I still have tons of cable management to do, along with some lighting. I may add a wall panel, but not sure. I'm going to build/buy something that I can set my cpu case on, because I don't like it on the desk. I'm going to get a full tower rig soon, so it'll fit nicely to the right of my desk with plenty of space to cool correctly. I plan on getting another monitor too, since I now have the room for one! I also need to finish the baseboard and get some things on the wall. :p

I got my idea from Faction's Ikea thread about a year and a half ago. I really only wanted it to be about as big as his setup, but some of the stuff wasn't available in store, so I worked with what they had.

My only regret is that I have to get used to being at an angle now, oppossed to looking straight torwards the wall. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Last edited:
Some sweet setups in here. When I get net for my personal computer again I'll have to upload some shots of my workstation before I moved.

Thats a great poster Grayson. Did you make it or buy it?
Nice clean setup as well!

Very clean setup and sweet chair. What monitor arm is that? And what's the device above your APC?

Here is my new workstation its a bit small and cramped, but its mine and it's only temporary that is a Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor and a pair of KRK Rokits 5 I am using a cheapo keyboard for the time being since I just finished my build. Hope you guys like it. let me know
mWjLZTW.jpg

Here are some pics of my home setup. Ignore all of the magnets that my wife sticks to my computer.

workstation201401.jpg

workstation201402.jpg

workstation201403.jpg

Where did you get those magnets? I want them for my workstation.

Some pretty awesome setups in this thread. I'm gonna have to bookmark this and revisit it for my basement build later this year.

Magnets on a case? near your hard drives? magnets are bad mmkay?

Wife must know about how much love magnets love computers.

Probably also ignores the part where computers don't love magnets.

It's pretty much impossible to do any damage to a hard drive with these low powered magnets. I have stuck a high powered neo motor from a sub-woofer to a hard drive just to see if it would kill it, and the drive sit there and hummed along like nothing was wrong.

Back