Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for some advice on how i can improve my setup. I have a great start here with mounting the multiple montiors to the wall mounted board. I'm looking for ideas/designs to replace the 6' folding table i'm currently using for the surface.

img_0566.jpg

image2.png

img_0532.jpg

img_0536.jpg

img_0559.jpg

img_0563.jpg

img_0561.jpg

I have multiple computers attached to the various monitors. My main system is on the left and attached to the three largest monitors.

I've built a complete article on it's construction and details on the computers over on at http://danielheth.com/office
feel free to leave comments either here or there.

I'm looking for a new computer desk design which would suit my multiple monitor setup... so if you guys have any ideas...

Currently in the process or re-painting and moving our humble place around, I'll take some before and after pics for you all when I'm done!

is that the 2408 dell monitor? (looks good)
It's a 2407WFP-HC. HC meaning "high Color" gamut. I got it as a replacement for the 2407WFP that had hair between the LCD and the screen right behind the LCD.

Are they auralex mopads? If they are would you mind telling me how thick they are when configured at a 0 degree angle?
They sure are. They are exactly 2" thick.

are you guys serious? you don't use your optical drives?! what about burning iso files, or installing windows after losing/braking the harddrive or install/formatting a ssd???

i use to have 3 of 5 desktop computers (3 workstations / 2 servers) optical drive free the servers (ESXi and a win2k8r2) and the wife's win7 ultimate machine

sadly the mrs decided she wanted to watch dvds while using her computer so I had to put a dvd drive in it a few months ago.

also my netbook has no optical drive ...it is easy to install the os from a thumb drive (and quicker)

Only thing I use my optical drives for is burning DVDs of my work portfolio for clients.

It's a 2407WFP-HC. HC meaning "high Color" gamut. I got it as a replacement for the 2407WFP that had hair between the LCD and the screen right behind the LCD.

They sure are. They are exactly 2" thick.

Thanks for the response. I only have about 1" I can work with since one of speakers in under my hutch and 2" would make it not fit. Any suggestions on an alternative?

Old workstation

Was running a VG236HE/U2311h combo off a 2600k, 8gb ddr3-1600, 5770, ssd, etc with a leopold mechanical hd598s and all that good stuff

unfortunately that 2600k rig with the IPS monitor spends its days updating Facebook and checking email - the ssd really gets a lot of use opening up google chrome and the occasional word document, eh? what's worse is that my $350 120Hz monitor sits with the speakers on hand made stands powering an xbox - nothing like some 600p 30 fps gaming on a 120hz 1080p display, right? here's how things sit at home now

I'm only off for about 10 days so I left my desktop in the dorm - editing photos on the iMac was surprisingly ergonomic

I'm thinking of moving the i7 rig's components into an HTPC case of sorts and hooking it up to a TV for next semester - even just watching netflix will give it more use than right now. I'll probably just leave the asus at home again and hook the u2311h up to my laptop or something.

it's a 20 year old $800 designer lamp

I don't know where it was purchased but I'm sure you can find cheaper alternatives anyways

Finished with the refinishing of the mancave/office! Looks a ton better, and the brown chocolate color is so rich and delicious looking! Haha. Sorry about the darkness of the last pic, not sure what happened. =)

Ok before:
mancave2l.jpg

mancave1.jpg

And After!!!
img3775mf.jpg

img3778dj.jpg

img3777ld.jpg

img3771r.jpg

Next up: Molding for where the ceiling meets the wall, to cover up the peeling wallpaper mess. We used paint that covers wallpaper, but as we took off the painters tape it took off some wallpaper with it. =O Haha.

Last edited:
Freaking sweet ranviper! Big improvement I love the color choices.

If you ever want to touch up the paint around the ceiling take a piece of cardboard and use it as a shield and you will get right up to the edge :)

Freaking sweet ranviper! Big improvement I love the color choices.

If you ever want to touch up the paint around the ceiling take a piece of cardboard and use it as a shield and you will get right up to the edge :)

Thanks so much! I love the choclatey brown. Yum!

But anyways, we did use painters tape and all, but the problem is we painted over wallpaper, and only for the sake of time. The wallpaper is as old as the house (about 150 years) and woulda taken a decade to take off, so the top is just a little peeled wallpaper and stuff.Otherwise everything turned out awesome!

Our solution: We are going to get some molding to put all around up there. Will add a much nicer touch to it anyways. :D

We used paint that covers wallpaper, but as we took off the painters tape it took off some wallpaper with it. =O Haha.

Why didn't you just remove the wallpaper first before you painted? It would of looked a ton better.

Why didn't you just remove the wallpaper first before you painted? It would of looked a ton better.

Like I said previously, lack of time. I have NO time whatsoever to take off the extremely old wallpaper that was on there. Literally would have taken a week, and that's time I simply don't have. The molding will make a huge difference, and other than that the room looks really good. Especially considering I got it done in one day.

Small update: I got another VH242H monitor. Mostly for CAD, but also just for fun. I underestimated how much space an additional monitor takes up! Woah! I can't imagine a 3 monitor setup like many of you guys. :)
IMAG0407-1.jpg

Here's the newest member of my stable
img0891as.jpg

Now if I could just figure out the safest upper limits for the BIOS settings, I'm pretty sure I could get to 5+ GHz

Thanks so much! I love the choclatey brown. Yum!

But anyways, we did use painters tape and all, but the problem is we painted over wallpaper, and only for the sake of time. The wallpaper is as old as the house (about 150 years) and woulda taken a decade to take off, so the top is just a little peeled wallpaper and stuff.Otherwise everything turned out awesome!

Our solution: We are going to get some molding to put all around up there. Will add a much nicer touch to it anyways. :D

Ah gotcha... Yeah old wallpaper can be a pain to rip off. Gotta let it soak and even then takes time getting off.

The molding will look so much better and give the room an even more modern feel. Nice work :)

props to the joystick don't see those anymore, nice clean setup

100% home custom made. AutoCAD design, Plywood, MDF, paint, stain, lacquer, tools, lots of hours of hard working, lots of changes to the original project, lots of improvements.

Monitor "dock" width: 60 inches - so it can fit a nice future 24" besides the two 19"...

Monitor stand bases are 6 inch lower than the desk top, so the top of the monitors is at eye level. Perfect for no eye strain, no neck strain. Monitors inclined to 5-10 degrees, somehow like a drafting station.

Cables hidden underneath in a wire channel.

Custom painted case and speakers.

5 feet tall custom rear speakers stands.

Total damage (materials) - around $250-$300.

1_desk.jpg

2_desk.jpg

3_desk.jpg

8_case.jpg

16_speaker_back.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality - cell phone is my only camera :/

The "Work from home" setup
383994_627018061668_304701872_3863834_1406325061_n.jpg

<3 Ikea cable management
388434_627018081628_304701872_3863835_1290702217_n.jpg

The gaming setup
377970_626167426348_304701872_3859717_1089840401_n.jpg

I have since returned the 7H headset - couldn't stand it.

Still need to repaint this room as well...

I'm looking for some advice on how i can improve my setup. I have a great start here with mounting the multiple montiors to the wall mounted board. I'm looking for ideas/designs to replace the 6' folding table i'm currently using for the surface.

I have multiple computers attached to the various monitors. My main system is on the left and attached to the three largest monitors.

I've built a complete article on it's construction and details on the computers over on at http://danielheth.com/office
feel free to leave comments either here or there.

I'm looking for a new computer desk design which would suit my multiple monitor setup... so if you guys have any ideas...

I have some design ideas if interested... let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back