Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the huge bay window and plant array... I bet the cat loves that spot on the top of the cat tree also. :)

Thanks man, nice to get a positive comment :p. The window is the only one in the apartment that gets actual sunlight, so that's why alllllllll the plants are in front of it.

The cats are in here with me all day, for better or worse. The tree is pretty good, but the top of the desk is actually the prime spot, I often look up and feel overwhelmed by a sense of impending doom/fat:
IMG_20120823_110843.jpg

Not all opinions are, but that one was. And I too "hate" cats and find it to be too cluttered for my tastes, but it would have contributed ZERO by me stating that (other to make a point now). Moving on to more workstation related pics/posts... :)

\End

Thanks for the back up :D, I've always liked your setups.
With some recent gear purchases and an increasing number of plants (it's my lady friend's thing), I'm starting to feel a little squeezed, which is part of why I want to replace the filing cabinet with shelves. Just have to scan everything first.
Someday we'll have a house, and I've already claimed the whole basement/garage, then I can spread out, but we're 2-3 moves (and real jobs) away from that.

Thanks man, nice to get a positive comment :p. The window is the only one in the apartment that gets actual sunlight, so that's why alllllllll the plants are in front of it.

The cats are in here with me all day, for better or worse. The tree is pretty good, but the top of the desk is actually the prime spot, I often look up and feel overwhelmed by a sense of impending doom/fat:
[snip]

Ha.. mine sits and sleeps on top of the book case behind me... they love the highest spots they can get to.

IMG_0566_zpscb43e105.jpg

I finally just put a bed up there for him... he loves that spot.

Here is my new setup.

desk_2012.jpg

Here is a time lapse of the assembly:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTdOwmXny7o

A lot of these monitors and computers are salvage. Core 2s and LCDs brought back to life after some re-capping.

Wire management is next on my to-do list...

Love the Maxell Blown Away poster. I want one of those in my living room.

I used to have it above the TV in the living room of my "bachelor pad," but there's a vent in the way in this place. Go for it--it got me a lot of compliments when people would be over (and I suppose all the speakers helped reinforce the idea...)

My Workstation:

IMG_0155.jpg

I had a desk that used a normal desk chair, but I couldn't find a chair that I like. Getting a decent chair where I live is really difficult. So I just finally gave in and set it up using the furniture that the locals use. Since furniture is kind of a bitch to come by, my speakers aren't level with each other, which is kind of a bummer. But I actually don't use them very much, since my neighbor complains about the noise even at low volumes.

My game station/bookshelf:
IMG_0159.jpg

Pretty much everything visible is in my sig.

The wireless keyboard and mouse are for couch surfing. I've got a Qumi 720p mini projector that I use above my desk for a ~80" t.v. Though it's not currently hooked up.

Also I clearly need to vacuum...

Last edited:
My Workstation:

I had a desk that used a normal desk chair, but I couldn't find a chair that I like. Getting a decent chair where I live is really difficult. So I just finally gave in and set it up using the furniture that the locals use. Since furniture is kind of a bitch to come by, my speakers aren't level with each other, which is kind of a bummer. But I actually don't use them very much, since my neighbor complains about the noise even at low volumes.

My game station/bookshelf:

Pretty much everything visible is in my sig.

The wireless keyboard and mouse are for couch surfing. I've got a Qumi 720p mini projector that I use above my desk for a ~80" t.v. Though it's not currently hooked up.

Also I clearly need to vacuum...

Are you "sitting" on the floor ??

Are you "sitting" on the floor ??

Yea. I currently live in the middle of no where Japan, finding a desk chair that's not priced out the roof is kind of difficult. I've gone through two or three already that have broken (not that fat, 198lbs last I weighed in) underneath me. The table is actually a "desk" that my work bought me to make the move here a bit easier. It was weird at first, but now I'm pretty used to it.

lol nice fap station jk jk

fapfapfapfapfapfapfap. The wallpaper actually cycles through a bunch of pictures, just a happy coincidence that Olivia Wilde popped up on both when I took the picture.

I don't have anything out of the ordinary - no fancy lights, posters, and pets. I use this for web development and playing games after work.

68002_10152228447155517_1917046230_n.jpg

Not a whole lot of change, moved my 22" to the left and I'm thinking about adjusting my projector to take advantage of the newly opened real estate.

20121116_174428.jpg

20121116_174437.jpg

20121116_174513.jpg

20121116_174810.jpg

I know I need to clean up the wiring a bit, as well as look into a better sound option than cheap PC speakers. Maybe a soundbar? I'm in this apartment at least until March, don't want to invest in anything too crazy.

Not a whole lot of change, moved my 22" to the left and I'm thinking about adjusting my projector to take advantage of the newly opened real estate.

[snip]

I know I need to clean up the wiring a bit, as well as look into a better sound option than cheap PC speakers. Maybe a soundbar? I'm in this apartment at least until March, don't want to invest in anything too crazy.

I have that same projector. Absolutely love it. It's a bit dim with any ambient light, but it makes for a great apartment theater projector.

Is your mount custome made? I've been looking for a good way to mount mine from the ceiling (currently using a tripod on the ground...).

Nothing fancy really.

0203.JPG

0206.JPG

0209.JPG

The wallpapers are luck of the draw as they are all set to rotate every 15 minutes and there are hundreds of wallpapers that they cycle through. Oh, and ignore the Phenom II sticker, I just never bothered to put the new one on the case.

Here is my first post, Sorry I don't have a professional camera but here it goes! :)

Would love to see some higher res photos, what a neat rig on the inside, great job! Looks like a pen-holder on the top of the case, could I get a bit more detail on it? Custom job?

Would love to see some higher res photos, what a neat rig on the inside, great job! Looks like a pen-holder on the top of the case, could I get a bit more detail on it? Custom job?

Thanks for the compliment, That white thing on the Top is the wifi antenna that came with my Asus P8Z77-V board, I'll post some detailed pics later when I get home.

Can someone please direct me to a page where I can upload my pictures so then I can use the link to post then on this site? Thanks in advance.

You can use Tinypic, Imgur, Photobucket, Flickr, etc.

The list goes on and on but entirely up to you!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Gunfire, please excuse my ignorance :D, I'm a newbie to this forum stuff, But I'm glad I've chosen this site for guidance and ideas for my built.

So,.. Here it goes again, these pics were taken with my Galaxy S3 and a photo FX application to edit them.

1916hf.jpg

16c4zlx.jpg

nb9n6b.jpg

6f4ahx.jpg

Here is a better picture of the WIFI antenna.
2h6vqqe.jpg

that doesnt look too bad

which model?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...rojector&ie=UTF8&qid=1353302692&rnid=15784691

It looks a little "grainy" i assume that is the camera?

It's the 300 model, mine has mini-hdmi while the Qumi 500 has a full hdmi port. The extra 200 lumens of the 500 model might warrant an upgrade in the future. And I took the photos with my Samsung GS3 in low light, looks a lot better in person but you need to block out all ambient light.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Gunfire, please excuse my ignorance :D, I'm a newbie to this forum stuff, But I'm glad I've chosen this site for guidance and ideas for my built.

So,.. Here it goes again, these pics were taken with my Galaxy S3 and a photo FX application to edit them.

Looks awesome man, and thanks for the details on the wifi antenna. Puts the inside of my rig to same with the tidy install job.

Few upgrades...new chair, 2 new LCD's and the monitor arm.

The LCD's are not 100% level because I could not find the middle LCD (discontinued), so I had to deal with it...doesn't bother me too much. :rolleyes:

QzokV.png

Embody Chair - Well worth the money, especially if your in it for 8+ hours a day programming.

Last edited:
I got the mount here:

http://shop.easymountlcd.com/Deluxe...-Desktop-Clamp-up-to-28-002-0019-002-0019.htm

I have a gallery where I unbox and set this arm up here:

http://imgur.com/a/i93BJ

Overall, I'm very happy with it. It's super sturdy and made of pretty strong metal, it's going to last for quite a while.

How robust is that mount? I have been searching the web for 3683 years for a mount that supports atlest 3 27" monitors, do you think the mount is robust enough to hang 3 Apple Thunderbolt Displays on it, they weight pretty much, about 11kg or 25lbs (or something)

Few upgrades...new chair, 2 new LCD's and the monitor arm.

The LCD's are not 100% level because I could not find the middle LCD (discontinued), so I had to deal with it...doesn't bother me too much. :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/QzokV.png

Embody Chair - Well worth the money, especially if your in it for 8+ hours a day programming.

You could probably drill some holes on the middle mount to get the middle monitor level with the rest, great setup.

How robust is that mount? I have been searching the web for 3683 years for a mount that supports atlest 3 27" monitors, do you think the mount is robust enough to hang 3 Apple Thunderbolt Displays on it, they weight pretty much, about 11kg or 25lbs (or something)

The mount I'm rocking was weak but if you snap off the plastic caps that cover the joints you can strengthen the joints enough to hold the monitors. I have a heavy 30 in the center si two dell wfp24s on the side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back