Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's guns likes those and young men's blood that gave you the right to view this forum. Semper Fidelis

Semper Fi indeed,
ANG 31B here

Nah, the thing is when people on here post pictures of their workstations or whatever else, they tend to throw in gun to make their e-peen bigger. It doesn't, in fact it shows how they are trying to over compensate. That is all.

isnt that what the post your workstation is all about? lol
easily could of put 10 more guns in that picture, but those were the one's I was taking

My new cube.
mgT6i.jpg

Guns have no other purpose than to kill people. It's like showing a power over life and death, like been (wanting to be) God.
It's offensive imo.

I've killed snakes and shot up some cans as well as other inanimate objects, it's great fun. Pointing it at a person is the last thing my gun is meant for. Great setup and great guns btw! Once I trick out my saiga 12, I'll have to put it next to my rig lol

Guns have no other purpose than to kill people. It's like showing a power over life and death, like been (wanting to be) God.
It's offensive imo.

Yes guns can be used to kill people, but in the hands of the wrong type of people. A baseball bat can be used to kill people also but also has a recreational use too same thing with guns. My father and I have been shooting guns since I was a child and he has told me how to responsibly handle and care for fire arms. We have spend alot of time shooting recreational and spending time together. There are pros and cons for guns just like with anything, it is an american's right to own, posses and fire guns.

It's offensive imo.

So can cars, knives, kitchen utensils etc. Seriously, if you're that easily offended, you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Luckily for some of us, we have the constitutional right to have them, so get used to it, or stop looking at pics?

It's offensive imo.
Two years ago, my parents were the victims of an attempted home invasion by 2 troglodytes, both of whom had prior convictions for assault & battery. Fortunately, dad had his 9mm within arms reach of their bed. He put down 1 with a shot to the left leg and held the other at gunpoint until the police arrived. God was busy elsewhere that night.

Two years ago, my parents were the victims of an attempted home invasion by 2 troglodytes, both of whom had prior convictions for assault & battery. Fortunately, dad had his 9mm within arms reach of their bed. He put down 1 with a shot to the left leg and held the other at gunpoint until the police arrived. God was busy elsewhere that night.

Kuddos to your dad. That's great.

It's offensive imo.

I feel like we've been down this road before...

If people don't like that someone has guns in a pic of their workstation, why comment? When people make comments like, "They are only trying to make their e-peen bigger", or similar, a thread devolves into a shit fit of 'pro-gun vs anti-gun'. If you don't like guns, DO NOT comment on the picture, you will save a lot of people a lot of trouble.

Are we seriously having another fight over guns and Constitutional rights? This is a technology forum, not a firearms convention.

Are we seriously having another fight over guns and Constitutional rights? This is a technology forum, not a firearms convention.

Exactly. Don't let one thin skinned crybaby derail a good thread.

(I'm just as guilty by responding to his whining.)

Given the nature of this website, I think AndreRio is just a troll. Stop feeding him :)

Edit: Please continue to post your workstations and firearms. Most of us think it's awesome.

To get the thread back on track...

Here's a little montage of my home office setups over the years:

From my barracks room back in 2001 when I was a young Marine through many of the houses I've lived in a different duty stations. The center pic is current.

theevolutionofthehomeof.jpg

By climber07 at 2012-02-25

I don't miss dual crts at all haha. Love the compilation of past setups.

First Time To Post Here .... Greetings From Egypt :)
My Built Name Is "The Pschent" ..... Specs in the sig.

It's offensive imo.

There's nothing wrong with a little firepower. It's somtimes considered a hobby, much like video games and tinkering with computers.

kj5Mjl.jpg

There's nothing wrong with a little firepower. It's somtimes considered a hobby, much like video games and tinkering with computers.

Nice! And agree about the hobby, owned guns since I was 12 and never harmed another human with them. Now in BFBC2 however.... LOL!!!

Spent some time reorganzing and decided to make the shelf into its "work bench self" and put the other in the garage. I think it worked out fairly well
any suggestions?

Some of these setups are insanely nice looking. Although, I really like the one with the guns and ammo.

Quick update for 2012. Got a freebie second monitor, love the screen space for rig stats and stuff. Wish I had my guns inside, I'd add them to the pic. Maybe next round!

004zo.jpg

kj5Mjl.jpg

I completely agree, and am very fond of my other "Hobby" along with my impressive tactical collection. No plans on showing it off on [H]ard|Forum though :D

Here is my current setup. I am getting ready to do a system re-build, and just moved into a new home, so things will be changing a lot over the next month or so.

5272332823_e597a4ff0c_b.jpg

My apologies if I do this incorrectly.

We just moved in a few months ago to a new build. Here's my current layout. Looking to take a major shopping trip to the nearest Ikea (3 hours away) very soon.

6793484094_71f0eb3c4b_z.jpg

6793485420_fbab88763d_z.jpg

6939599231_0d5fa4c56c_z.jpg

6939600001_e331c163ca_z.jpg

The TV will be corner mounted up high soon.

Last edited:

We just moved in a few months ago to a new build. Here's my current layout. Looking to take a major shopping trip to the nearest Ikea (3 hours away) very soon.

It's not working for me. The image seems to be broken! :(

6939600001_e331c163ca_z.jpg

Nice equipment! Terrible furniture!! Hey post new pics with the newer furniture when u get them.

Hit craigslist for some IKEA items (Galant, Jerker, Fredrik) before you take the drive.

Heh, for a split second there I thought that was YOUR setup. :p

My main workstation has changed quite a bit since last time I posted. I consider it neat, but it's never in its "top shape" ... maybe I should just take an "as-is" shot ;)

I don't have a workstation so I use my kitchen island:

S7E1Ml.jpg

at least I have this for my view:

Bn1eGl.jpg

Quick update for 2012. Got a freebie second monitor, love the screen space for rig stats and stuff. Wish I had my guns inside, I'd add them to the pic. Maybe next round!

004zo.jpg

how did you made that "firefly" logo ?? i`m trying to do something like it but i don`t know where to start :)

Hit craigslist for some IKEA items (Galant, Jerker, Fredrik) before you take the drive.

My main workstation has changed quite a bit since last time I posted. I consider it neat, but it's never in its "top shape" ... maybe I should just take an "as-is" shot ;)
I've been looking on Craigslist. Nothing in my area. I was just in Chicago where they have 2 huge stores but I couldn't fit all of it in my SUV along wiith my kids. My kids won the coin toss :) . I like the Galant with the T legs but I'm concerned that the table is not thick enough and will not hold all 4 monitors. The stands are clamp-on. I'm switching the config from 2 over/2 under to 4 across (I got a second post to split them out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back