Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
love that new Razer Keyboard - ok , I love almost all Razer gear, but very nice keyboard. One thing I did not care for on Razer Tarantula was the tendency to double type letters when I was typing in Word, it was so sensitive it would many times type double letters causing much more editing time than I should have had. Do you find that keyboard to be overly sensitive? If not, I may consider it. I love this Saitek Eclipse II I use but I just have this affinity for Razer products for some reason.

Do you find that keyboard to be overly sensitive?

Not at all . There is a very definite "click". Just prior to the stroke registering. If you like Raser keyboards and mechanical keyboards. This is a great balance between the two. although I wish they gave the option for black switches as I like them better.

Mine:

imgp08941.jpg

^^^ That Corsair case makes it look like you're using one of those portable 7" DVD screens for your monitor!

Simple, very functional, and inexpensive. Can't go wrong with that :cool:

You forgot to mention that the desk seems to be a perfect fit for the place it's put into ;)

PS: Corsair 800D hardly qualifies as inexpensive

Yeah, the table is virtually a perfect fit (6 feet across) with literally a 1-2 millimeters gap on the sides.

DSCF2505%282%29.jpg

I wish I had more money for those nice desks =(

and I should have adjusted the white balance.... sigh

hope you guys like it, been looking at this thread for the longest time, I can't see how my workspace can compare... lol, but my workspace has become better ever since I spent a little more money on it =P

almost no one does wire management these days...

Correction, no kids do wire management. Most people I know who are 20+ and have a decent place to live that they pay for take great care of all the things they own, including wires. Much different when it's your place costing your money.

Correction, no kids do wire management. Most people I know who are 20+ and have a decent place to live that they pay for take great care of all the things they own, including wires. Much different when it's your place costing your money.

This is mostly true, however I have witnessed some exceptions to what you have said. I do some wire management, however not enough for it to look exceptionally tidy. My main reason for it is for my cables to be hidden and have my room look clean, as well as being able to find connections with ease when the time arises.

i need to get a digital camera :(

just upgraded my setup

BEFORE:
20101203202419632.jpg

AFTER: (just got 3 23inch LG monitors, now just gotta swap out my gtx470 for a ATI card)
2010122817414874.jpg

This is mostly true, however I have witnessed some exceptions to what you have said. I do some wire management, however not enough for it to look exceptionally tidy. My main reason for it is for my cables to be hidden and have my room look clean, as well as being able to find connections with ease when the time arises.

Can I be an exception, I'm only 18? :D Here are a couple pics from over time:

jzv6fa.jpg

24d22a9.jpg

Just fitted an 11 foot solid oak worktop, going to cut some holes for cable routing tomorrow and actually fit my screen/speakers/amp/PC etc. properly.

1036cd3.jpg

^^ Raikiri, looks great. Do you have more pictures / a worklog?

I will do tomorrow when it's all done, I've ordered some SMD LED lighting to underneath the desk as well. I'm hoping that will come tomorrow.

Edit: I did get fed up with the 14" screen though :p

2wlvyc0.jpg

Last edited:
DSCF2505%282%29.jpg

I wish I had more money for those nice desks =(

and I should have adjusted the white balance.... sigh

hope you guys like it, been looking at this thread for the longest time, I can't see how my workspace can compare... lol, but my workspace has become better ever since I spent a little more money on it =P

Nice and simple, clean, well-organized... I like it :cool: Don't worry about it not being as fancy as others' setups, as time moves on you'll get nicer things and ultimately end up with your dream setup.

Guess I'll also post an updated one, last for 2010. Should have nice (see not camera phone) pictures in 2011 and a new trackball mouse (beige w/ black ball) then too. Downsizing from 2 55" desks to one.

57451280.jpg

51222619.jpg

73059788.jpg

37650084.jpg

EDIT - Good job omploader, forcing me to use imageshack.

^^ Raikiri, looks great. Do you have more pictures / a worklog?

Cut the holes out today and got everything on there, although none of my underdesk lighting or USB extension cables came so I can't finish properly yet.

The coping saw got tiresome after a while so we brought out a classic technique :eek:
f3rec2.jpg

Looked ok after some filing though
fths1e.jpg

Nearly finished product
14xf13n.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I use those same door handles on much of my IKEA furniture -- they are easy to grab, yet are as unobtrusive as a door handle can be. Why did you use the trestles for support and not some box like structure or another chest of drawers? IMO, it would look somewhat more consistently (with only horizontal and vertical lines) and provide you with additional storage space (e.g., to keep more of desktop space open)

Thanks for the pics! I use those same door handles on much of my IKEA furniture -- they are easy to grab, yet are as unobtrusive as a door handle can be. Why did you use the trestles for support and not some box like structure or another chest of drawers? IMO, it would look somewhat more consistently (with only horizontal and vertical lines) and provide you with additional storage space (e.g., to keep more of desktop space open)

Because that's part of my old desk, ikea only seem to sell cupboards/drawers in 50 or 90cm heights and I need 70, otherwise I would have done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back